• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandoolan

Haha you've clearly never ordered release date delivery from Amazon UK, when it will turn up anything from a day to a week late, but never at release! :D

I've preordered over 30+ games from Amazon UK over the last couple of years. I've never had a single package turn up after release day.

And a handful have shown up early.

Fedele

Don't worry about it, your copy was reserved when you pre-ordered. They've known how many they'd have for awhile now and just cut it off.

Amazon US has also sold out of the XB360 SE now.

There's no way GTA V doesn't eclipse Black Ops 2's 7.5M day one sales record.

It will definitely beat it by far, that's for sure. I'm even expecting some minor incidents during midnight launches in some places due to limited stock.

Zukuu

Banned
It's really something special, considering they'll turn in a profit on Day 1, despite being the most expensive game to date.

Cheddahz

Banned
quick question.

So the whole map is open from the start right? so no wanted level when you go somewhere far like in previous GTAs?

I would think the whole map is open right away mainly due to the fact that in the trailer, all three characters lived in different parts of the map

Addnan

The delivery estimate still says the 17th, so I'm still holding out hope.

It's also £5 cheaper than everywhere else, so even though I'll be pretty annoyed if it comes a day late, I don't want to spend an extra £5 just to play it a day sooner.

Amazon pick delivery method based on when it gets dispatched and how soon it has to get to you. Those of us who got it dispatched like night got it with Royal Mail tracked, earlier in the day got just normal RM. They should pick something that will get it to you for release day. If that means 24hour courier service then they usually do.

terrible

Banned
The EB Games I pre-ordered from is apparently having a midnight release. The mall it's in closes at 9PM though. I wonder how that works.

I wasn't planning on getting it at midnight at all since I wanted my sleep but now I'm really tempted.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I ordered it about two weeks ago, due to the student discount that I apparently still had and free shipping. But I'll probably buy it in store and send the other one back if it doesn't come by Tuesday.

Any info on what the price will be in the bigger stores, such as Elgiganten or MediaMarkt? Don't they usually have ridiculous price wars on bigger releases? I'm located in Gothenburg fyi.

I scouted a couple of stores yesterday and none gave away any sign of a price. I bet MediaMarkt is going to be on par with Webhallen; 549 kr.

Göteborgare här med.

I have my copy pre-ordered for pickup at Webhallen Gbg, but I'll probably check Elgiganten on the way there to see if they have it in and what they charge for it. If cheaper than Webhallen, I'll cancel my pre-order there (won't pay anything until I pick it up anyway).

Meanwhile, at MediaMarkt:

ibsmxd6wVLPEaT.jpg

Haha, WTF? I know they're not really a games store, but staying closed on the day the biggest game of the year (maybe even the generation) is released?!

Heimbeck

Banned
I've preordered over 30+ games from Amazon UK over the last couple of years. I've never had a single package turn up after release day.

And a handful have shown up early.

Yep, the one time my delivery's did not turn up on time (these were just free delivery's not release day items) was when there was loads of snow and amazon were having trouble getting delivery's out.

Downloading for close to 3 hours now and it's.... 7% done at 1.2GB.

I really hate my internet

quick question.

So the whole map is open from the start right? so no wanted level when you go somewhere far like in previous GTAs?

It's all open but the map will be blocked from view if you view it, it clears when you visit areas then. Kind of like Fallout 3

x-Lundz-x

I wish I could relive the experience of watching Heat for the very first time again. In my opinion it is the best action/thriller movie of all time. Nothing tops it. Al Pacino & De Niro at their finest.

The coffee shop scene...man.

What a great film. I might to watch this again tomorrow night in anticipation.

Gangxxter

quick question.

I don't have the game yet but here are some infos I know from previews (no leak info).

The whole map is open from the start but not all characters. Those are unlocked as the story progresses. There will be some kind of "fog" on the map though in those areas you haven't visited yet. It should work similar to the "fog-of-war" concept in RTS games.

Edit: I'm way too slow typing on my phone.

J4g3r

Quick question for UK GAF:

I have my special edition pre-ordered at my local GAME. If I was to skip the midnight release in favour of picking the game up in the morning, would they hold onto my special edition for me?

Don't want to go to get it in the morning to find out I have to wait for them to restock... :/

Covfan

Btw, have you tried changing the date? :p
If it works dont post here, just PM me. Dont want Sony to take it offline to fix it before I have finished my download. ;)
It does not but maybe if you have an "Australian friend" who has a PSN account it could unlock early (no idea if it will)

Quick question for UK GAF:

I have my special edition pre-ordered at my local GAME. If I was to skip the midnight release in favour of picking the game up in the morning, would they hold onto my special edition for me?

Don't want to go to get it in the morning to find out I have to wait for them to restock... :/

Yes.

Forsete

It does not but maybe if you have an "Australian friend" who has a PSN account it could unlock early (no idea if it will)

I wonder if it will unlock on a offline system? How does it keep track of the date if the date is changed and the network connection is disconnected.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
yeah same here

its a bit disappointing since the mail always takes 2 days where i live. oh well i hope amazon gives me a gift card or something for the failed guarantee.

It may ship tonight, I think Kingdom Hearts 1.5 did the same thing:
September 8, 2013 ; 07:12:32 PM; Chattanooga TN US ;Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Seems mine has been sitting at the National Distribution Centre since 2am this morning, hopefully it makes its way up the road tonight. Not expecting it go get delivered tomorrow but should be alright for Tuesday...I hope :(

waypoetic

Banned
Meanwhile, at MediaMarkt:

ibsmxd6wVLPEaT.jpg

Haha, WTF? I know they're not really a games store, but staying closed on the day the biggest game of the year (maybe even the generation) is released?!

Haha! :')

I'm still torn between going to Webhallen (ekelundsgatan) tomorrow night or picking up my copy on tuesday over at the Webhallen that's 10 minutes from me..

Heimbeck

Banned
I took a look at all of my previous day 1 orders on amazon.
And ALL of them have dispatched the day before and all have arrived on time.
So if you ordered from amazon UK and it's not dispatched don't worry, you will still get it on time.

Thanks!

My original plan was to go to the midnight release. Then I found out they were opening the doors at 10pm.

The lines will be insane, even for a small GAME.

They will keep it at least to the end of the day, if you are concerned give them a call.

Not everyone can go first thing, people have jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom