• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My order hasn't even been dispatched yet.

SESyUTv.jpg

:(
that image looks familiar and if you ordered it from who I think you did......good luck with the 17th.

Addnan

that image looks familiar and if you ordered it from who I think you did......good luck with the 17th.
Very were pretty good the one time I ordered. They got Dream Team to me on release date. They just use First Class Royal Mail.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Haha! :')

I'm still torn between going to Webhallen (ekelundsgatan) tomorrow night or picking up my copy on tuesday over at the Webhallen that's 10 minutes from me..

Oh, that's right, I had forgotten there are two of them in Gbg now! But the one on Ekelundsgatan is still a lot closer to me, so that's where I'll be going either way. The midnight launch would have been interesting for getting the CE for 10 kr, but that's only for the first six people, and I'm guessing a lot more than that are already lined up. So I'll probably just wait until Tuesday morning. A few more hours without the game won't kill me.

Or maybe the thing to do is to go out and take a few beers, and then go to the midnight launch. That could be fun!

I took a look at all of my previous day 1 orders on amazon.
And ALL of them have dispatched the day before and all have arrived on time.
So if you ordered from amazon UK and it's not dispatched don't worry, you will still get it on time.

I got burnt by them on the last major release (they dispatched my BO1 at like Midnight on the day before release, and it was late) but they're usually fine.
Mine was dispatched yesterday, so I could have it tomorrow!

Yuripaw

Banned
I am really torn on whether or not I want to consider getting this game or not. For a long time I kept saying I wasn't, because honestly I don't like gangster stories. I don't like stories about bad guys...not a big fan of movies like the godfather, even if I appreciate the talent that went into making it, I don't like stories about bad people.

Sure I'm a gamer like any other where if you give me an open world game, I'll want to cause some chaos, because it's out of context violence. It's just a game where I'm fucking around. But stories in context, where these are violent and bad characters that deserve to be in prison...I can't really get into stories like that. Just like whenever I played the Mass Effect games, I can't make the renegade decisions, because I don't like my character to be a bad guy in context.

Then there's a game like Saints Row the third, and SRIV, both of which I really did enjoy, and actually liked the stories. Maybe it's because the premise is so absurb, I was able to overlook that stuff. It wasn't realistic enough for the bad characters to bother me.

Watching the gameplay footage of this game through streams..the game looks fun to play, but part of me doesn't want to get it still because of the type of game it is. I don't like stories about bad guys, and I don't like being associated with the type of gamer who contributes to the hype and massive amount of selling that this type of game always seems to get, when games that I do truly love and enjoy rarely sell well. I don't know what the point of this post is really, but I just wanted to express my thoughts about this game right now as I'm considering spending my $60 psn credit, or trying to find a better way to spend the money before I can even consider getting this anymore.

jbortz78

Cowabunga of hapiness to come home and realizing that I can preolad...!
(Was a bit worried that I would have to wait until the 17th, since im on a 4G broadband)

15%...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Very were pretty good the one time I ordered. They got Dream Team to me on release date. They just use First Class Royal Mail.
I knew it was a shop direct company, they've "Very" hit miss, sometimes early, sometimes next week lol .

Gangxxter

Anybody knows when reviewers got their review copies of the game? Because the reviews should go up tomorrow.
I hope they got it early last week because only a few days time for reviewing this massive game seems way too short.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Anybody knows when reviewers got their review copies of the game? Because the reviews should go up tomorrow.
I hope they got it early last week because only a few days time for reviewing this massive game seems way too short.

Jim Sterling was playing it this past Tuesday or Wednesday.

CF22

Just received a GameStop text letting me know the game will be ready for pick up Tuesday at 12:01 AM. I need time to move faster; I've managed to stay away from the spoiler thread and streams today. I just don't want to stumble upon story spoilers or any more gameplay.

smr00

Banned
Man, I'm so happy I don't have to work on release day. I'm just going to dive in and you'll never see me again.
Yup.

Still debating about going to the midnight launch. They are doing this huge cops/robber party with battlefield knoxville and i really just want to get my game and get out.

I got the game yesterday. I won't say anything except Tuesday can't come fast enough for everyone.
You can't see me but i am rubbing my back hand across the screen whispering thinner at you.

CURSE YOU!

Megasoum

Banned
LOL....

HEAT SPOILER

From the trivia on imdb

The current residents of the apartment where Trejo's death scene were filmed got curious after seeing the film and pulled up the carpet in the room Trejo was shot. To their surprise, they saw that residue of the theatrical blood still remained.

Yeah, that Poly review is a joke but an almost believable one from some of the other things I've read there..

Wish I found out about this forum before even posting on GTAForums.

I've pretty much been off there since the leak last month, GTAF is a haven for trolls and various d-bags who get off on ruining things for everyone.

MJLord

GAF I NEED HELP

I'm trying to download the preload data and it says I don't have enough space on the HDD. If I go to system I have 32Gb free space and the download is only 18Gb.

Any Ideas?

GAF I NEED HELP

I'm trying to download the preload data and it says I don't have enough space on the HDD. If I go to system I have 32Gb free space and the download is only 18Gb.

Any Ideas?

I believe you need 36gb free total to install it. The system temporarily needs extra space during the install and unpacking process.

x-Lundz-x

GAF I NEED HELP

Any Ideas?

I'm pretty sure you have to have like 36 or 40 gigs free. The installer installs the game ad then deleted itself or something like that.

First time I purchased a game on a Sunday. In Germany. Street dates be damned!
Can't wait to discuss this game with my fellow Gaffers. Don't worry, no spoilers from me.

Congrats gaffer on getting it early! I would like you to discuss performance such as pop ins and framerate whenever you can of course u must be busy and how you think it looks graphics wise =]

d00d3n

GAF I NEED HELP

Any Ideas?

I think you need twice the space. You are downloading a "package" that has to be unpacked.

Edit: beaten

hlhbk

I am really torn on whether or not I want to consider getting this game or not. For a long time I kept saying I wasn't, because honestly I don't like gangster stories. I don't like stories about bad guys...not a big fan of movies like the godfather, even if I appreciate the talent that went into making it, I don't like stories about bad people.

Sure I'm a gamer like any other where if you give me an open world game, I'll want to cause some chaos, because it's out of context violence. It's just a game where I'm fucking around. But stories in context, where these are violent and bad characters that deserve to be in prison...I can't really get into stories like that. Just like whenever I played the Mass Effect games, I can't make the renegade decisions, because I don't like my character to be a bad guy in context.

Then there's a game like Saints Row the third, and SRIV, both of which I really did enjoy, and actually liked the stories. Maybe it's because the premise is so absurb, I was able to overlook that stuff. It wasn't realistic enough for the bad characters to bother me.

Watching the gameplay footage of this game through streams..the game looks fun to play, but part of me doesn't want to get it still because of the type of game it is. I don't like stories about bad guys, and I don't like being associated with the type of gamer who contributes to the hype and massive amount of selling that this type of game always seems to get, when games that I do truly love and enjoy rarely sell well. I don't know what the point of this post is really, but I just wanted to express my thoughts about this game right now as I'm considering spending my $60 psn credit, or trying to find a better way to spend the money before I can even consider getting this anymore.

Everyone has a dark side, it really depends on the person if they are willing to accept that. I consider myself a good person, but embrace the fact I find looking at the physcology of someone who is bad interesting. That doesn't make you a bad person. I love characters like Walter White.

In short I say all that to say buy the game, it doesn't make you a bad person.

Forsete

GAF I NEED HELP

Any Ideas?

Same thing happened to me. I had about 24GB, but I just kept deleting and eventually it would let me download. Not sure how much free memory I had though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom