• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

rofif

Banned
Lol buddy got AW2 with 4070... he isn't too advanced. I explained him to crank up PT, Dlss, frame generation etc.
But he installed in on a HDD :p

k5mQgqz.jpg

qsJOeSE.jpg

Lysandros

As I'm being constantly blown away by this game visuals on PS5 Performance mode, I wanted to add more context on this comparison because the "Console version" (as it's being referred to) of RoboCop: Rogue City is luckily much better than what's shown here.

PC:
LM677BS.jpeg

PS5 (Quality):
robocop_roguecity_202nvdsx.png

Xbox Series X (Quality):
robocop_roguecity-20267i3l.png

PS5 (Performance):
oaCEJHw.png

It's just the Xbox version appearing to be severely compromised when it comes to distant detail, and by looking closer other differences become noticeable as well, such as many shaders missing, as seen on the "All Mega Store" sharing the same appearence only on PS5/PC, lower resolution, and different looking reflections compared to the other two versions.

All three are present in this GIF, two appear to be absolutely identical and one noticeably not.

CbF9tLt.gif

Y48hO6u.gif

gsjAFKB.gif

Must be noted however, at least according to this for now only available comparison, the Xbox Series X is considerably more stable in its Performance mode in demanding areas like Downtown at night:
Thanks for this excellent comparison, there is a precedent when it comes to higher fidelity graphics in PS5 versions in UE5 games like in Fortnight and Immortals Aveum which often remain unmentioned in comparison videos. When seen in light of Aveum developer comments regarding PS5/XSX systems in regards to avaible memory, little higher performance headroom etc. this seem to make sense.
By the way the video you posted is from an obvious fanboy/promotion channel without an ounce of credibility, his "findings" routinely contradicts the likes of NXgamer, Vgtech and DF since the beginning of the generation and recently he was exposed for using faulty methodology in his Spiderman 2 performance video by Michael (NX) and John and was forced to delete the video. In a place where ElAnalistaDeBits is a banned source Open Surprise should be double banned.

Last edited:

Alex11

Man, I`m torn with AW2 graphics, it can go from this:

GC12gVW.jpg

cUSj54v.png

DC8hNuO.jpg

nDxjqXf.jpg

to this:

Gcyy3Xx.jpg

fOg8jF9.jpg

N6TxpxN.jpg

K1ucKn8.jpg

Looks amazing one moment, with incredible lighting and then not so much.
And the NPC's are a bit bad looking.

Also, can't remember the last time when a game had such awful banding, horrible.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Yeah ofcourse it would be closer to the 4080 than a base ps5 but the gap between a 4070 and a 4080 is pretty big sadly due to nvidias greedy shitty branding practices. A 4070 is essentially onpar with a 3080 and a 4080 more or less a 3090ti. The ps5 is closer to a 2080 or at worse a 2070super in rasterization and in recent rt benchmarks around a 2070.
The 4080 is actually quite a bit faster than the 3090 Ti. Around 25% faster without RT.

Last edited:

SABRE220

The 4080 is actually quite a bit faster than the 3090 Ti. Around 25% faster without RT.
On average its about 15% faster than a 3090ti across a wide lineup of games which is close enough considering the 3090ti is the closest gpu from the last gpu arch for the comparison.

Last edited:

UchihaMadara

Neo Member
I like how this thread has over 2x more posts than the one on era which was created 1.5 years before this thread lol
This forum is really obsessed with graphics unlike Era or any other websites. Everyone's here waiting for some groundbreaking game to blow them away but so far only handful of games managed to deliver this generation. There's reason why Nintendo games are not popular here despite critical acclaim they get with every game they release. People here don't care about gameplay or any other mechanics but mostly concerned with progress of technology.

Elden Ring vs HFW haven't taught guys you anything. Graphics is not everything.

Schmendrick

This forum is really obsessed with graphics unlike Era or any other websites. Everyone's here waiting for some groundbreaking game to blow them away but so far only handful of games managed to deliver this generation. There's reason why Nintendo games are not popular here despite critical acclaim they get with every game they release. People here don't care about gameplay or any other mechanics but mostly concerned with progress of technology.

Posting something like this in a thread dedicated to graphics is seriously stupid....

PeteBull

On average its about 15% faster than a 3090ti across a wide lineup of games which is close enough considering the 3090ti is the closest gpu from the last gpu arch for the comparison.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3090-ti.c3829 yup, 4080 was and is such a terrible deal, any1 who has/had enough cash for 4080 had no reason to not save bit more and get 4090, its in most rigs of youtubers/influencers tho coz sellers(even local sellers) doing their best to promote it, ofc sales are still terrible =P

GymWolf

Some yakuza gaiden pics, wildly uneven but the game can look very nice for an AA:

IMG-20231111-222811.jpg

IMG-20231111-222822.jpg

IMG-20231112-115430.jpg

IMG-20231112-120052.jpg

(Sculture of a marble fist)
IMG-20231112-124233.jpg

IMG-20231112-124254.jpg

IMG-20231112-124744.jpg

IMG-20231112-124806.jpg

The game has some shit assets and some real life looking assets, i would like to see dragon engine with a bigger budget...

hlm666

I'm playing darktide and this fucking game can look really great at times, anyone else tried this one?
Havn't played it for a while but the rtgi does make some areas look pretty good. This was before some of the recent releases though so maybe going back now wouldn't be as impressive.

GymWolf

Havn't played it for a while but the rtgi does make some areas look pretty good. This was before some of the recent releases though so maybe going back now wouldn't be as impressive.
I had rtx off for max fluidity knowing the game is not exactly perfect performance wise.

hlm666

I had rtx off for max fluidity knowing the game is not exactly perfect performance wise.
Did you try it? it was pretty heavy at release but in a patch they increased the performance enough that on a 3080 I was getting around 90fps with gi on high and reflections on low, the lows framerate wise were about 70, oh 1440p dlss quality. I havn't gone back and checked with newer hardware.

GymWolf

Did you try it? it was pretty heavy at release but in a patch they increased the performance enough that on a 3080 I was getting around 90fps with gi on high and reflections on low, the lows framerate wise were about 70, oh 1440p dlss quality. I havn't gone back and checked with newer hardware.
In a fast paced game like this i take rock solid 120frames and no rtx every day of the week.

Last edited:

SABRE220

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3090-ti.c3829 yup, 4080 was and is such a terrible deal, any1 who has/had enough cash for 4080 had no reason to not save bit more and get 4090, its in most rigs of youtubers/influencers tho coz sellers(even local sellers) doing their best to promote it, ofc sales are still terrible =P
Yup it is a terrible deal but thats nvidia in a nutshell and the result of no competition. The thing is though everything else is such a terrible deal especially the 4070 which is basically a 3080 that the only relatively acceptable option besides the 4090 is a 4080 which at least beats the 3090ti while everything else in the lineup basically barely beats their last gen equivilant.

Last edited:

SABRE220

Yeah criticizing graphics discussions in a thread specifically dedicated to advancements in graphics fidelity is clearly a productive and intelligent endeavor lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yup it is a terrible deal but thats nvidia in a nutshell and the result of no competition. The thing is though everything else is such a terrible deal especially the 4070 which is basically a 3080 that the only relatively acceptable option besides the 4090 is a 4080 which at least beats the 3090ti while everything else in the lineup basically barely beats their last gen equivilant.
4070 should have been equivalent to their 3090 ti which was their flagship card. Just like how the 3070 was equivalent to the flagship 2080 ti.

At the very least it should’ve been equivalent to the 3090 which was 35% more powerful than the 3080. Just like how the 2080 ti Was 35% more powerful than the 2080.

4080 is basically the 4070 of this Gen. Only $700 more expensive lmao.

SlimySnake

I think that’s how forums used to be everywhere. Its era and reddit that have changed and become casuals. Forums were always for hardcore gamers who cared about nerdy shit like this in an already nerdy hobby. I am glad there are some who still give a shit about where this industry goes next after a pretty stagnant last 15 years or so.

Era banned pretty much everyone who cared about stuff like this. They banned the creator of that thread which was a spiritual successor to the next Gen specs threads that literally spanned 2 years and 10 OTs (20k limit on era before the thread is closed) so it’s not like they weren’t into this stuff. The threads were closed permanently after the consoles came out And people started getting banned left and right for console wars. I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone from those threads is a regular here on gaf.

Era has modded themselves out of entire communities.

Hugare

More Robocop in 5160*2160, DLSS, max Settings with ReShade on PC:

2b4RDhE.jpg

ZlXWTNd.jpg

NOSatV1.jpg

bvCqk5I.jpg

56mKRe5.jpg

vWSMbS5.jpg
I think it looks best during the day, where you can see all the Lumen and geometry from Nanite

Unfortunately it takes a while to get to daylight. I've been playing the game for some time eagerly waiting for the sun to come up, but its still night time

Looks great at night, but nowhere near this impressive

SlimySnake

A third of the posts is you saying how much you hate Spiderman 2 and saying how much you love it shortly after.
Eh. i did the same with FF16 and Starfield. Each game has strengths and weaknesses. I have done this with cyberpunk and HFW as well.

I just dont focus on only the negatives and tried to give Spiderman 2 its due. For some reason this thread kinda devolved into shitting on graphics and spiderman 2, FF16 and starfield were easy targets due to their inconsistent visuals. Hell, I remember getting A LOT of pushback last month for saying Alan Wake 2 looks next gen, like people lost their shit just because I said it looks better than first UE5 demo. And now after the game's release, almost everyone agrees that its the best looking game of the gen. 🤷‍♂️

Edder1

Eh. i did the same with FF16 and Starfield. Each game has strengths and weaknesses. I have done this with cyberpunk and HFW as well.

I just dont focus on only the negatives and tried to give Spiderman 2 its due. For some reason this thread kinda devolved into shitting on graphics and spiderman 2, FF16 and starfield were easy targets due to their inconsistent visuals. Hell, I remember getting A LOT of pushback last month for saying Alan Wake 2 looks next gen, like people lost their shit just because I said it looks better than first UE5 demo. And now after the game's release, almost everyone agrees that its the best looking game of the gen. 🤷‍♂️
Chill man, it's just banter.

4070 should have been equivalent to their 3090 ti which was their flagship card. Just like how the 3070 was equivalent to the flagship 2080 ti.

At the very least it should’ve been equivalent to the 3090 which was 35% more powerful than the 3080. Just like how the 2080 ti Was 35% more powerful than the 2080.

4080 is basically the 4070 of this Gen. Only $700 more expensive lmao.

What a scam

Man, I`m torn with AW2 graphics, it can go from this:

GC12gVW.jpg

cUSj54v.png

DC8hNuO.jpg

nDxjqXf.jpg

to this:

Gcyy3Xx.jpg

fOg8jF9.jpg

N6TxpxN.jpg

K1ucKn8.jpg

Looks amazing one moment, with incredible lighting and then not so much.
And the NPC's are a bit bad looking.

Also, can't remember the last time when a game had such awful banding, horrible.

I mean in general it looks great. Same can be said about a lot of games, right?

GymWolf

Game looks amazing in terms of lighting and asset quality. I am surprised it was never talked about here.
Probably because the game was crap at launch exxcept for the gameplay and graphic (and music).

And the game has some of the best melee and gunplay feeling of the past years, people who like meaty combat need to play this fucking game.

Now it run almost flawlessly (on an high end rig at least).

Last edited:
Top Bottom