• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT7 Developer Polyphony Goes on Hiring Spree

KORNdoggy

Well, that's if you believe they modeled the PS3 premium cars at a high enough resolution to be suitable for the PS4.

Maybe...

in photomode they have no visible poly's and in GT6 they added tessellation. the premium models will be more then good enough for PS4.

I'm more interesting in seeing translator guy. I hope he still works for PD, unless they gave him the chop and hiring for a replacement.

Well, that's if you believe they modeled the PS3 premium cars at a high enough resolution to be suitable for the PS4.

Maybe...

Premium cars from GT5/6 should be standard cars in GT7 (and the standard cars from the PS2 games should finally land in the trash bin :p).

GT5/6 cars have more polygon's that the cars in DRIVECLUB or Project CARS. They're very high quality. The main thing they lack is just higher resolution textures, which is something that'll naturally come with being on the PS4.

fedexpeon

Banned
That is a lot of new needs/talents.
Game won't be released until 2017-18.

PS: I hope they remove all standard cars. They look awful.
Also cut like 90% of the useless cars in there, streamline and focus on the good stuff.
I don't think anyone cares how a van sounds like.

xrnzaaas

GT5/6 cars have more polygon's that the cars in DRIVECLUB or Project CARS. They're very high quality. The main thing they lack is just higher resolution textures, which is something that'll naturally come with being on the PS4.

Good to know. In that case 100% premium cars plz. :)

Servbot24

Banned
That is a lot of new needs/talents.
Game won't be released until 2017-18.

PS: I hope they remove all standard cars. They look awful.
Also cut like 90% of the useless cars in there, streamline and focus on the good stuff.
I don't think anyone cares how a van sounds like.

The vans and beetles and so on are definitely important to Grant Turismo.

The Skylines, not so much.

Just the absolute basics I'd like to see for GT7:
- 1080p, 60FPS, all day long
- Grid starts, like, y'know, a racing game would have
- All tracks from GT6 updated to a consistent visual standard, maybe a couple more
- All the Premium cars from GT6, and however many Standard models they can remake from the ground up as full Premiums (and the inevitable fancy new stuff)
- No Standards. No remnants of PS2 assets. Zero cars without interior views. This is a PS4 game
- AI difficulty settings
- A goddamn motherfucking UNIVERSAL SETTING FOR DRIVING ASSISTS. Keep the per-car settings, because that's useful, but for fuck's sake let me set a default so I don't have to turn them off for every single car

That's it. I'm not even going to ask for damage modeling and better engine sounds, I'd honestly be happy with just those.
And I'm not going to get them.

Metfanant

Premium cars from GT5/6 should be standard cars in GT7 (and the standard cars from the PS2 games should finally land in the trash bin :p).

from what we've been told in the past...the "premium" cars were modeled with the future in mind...the models include significantly more detail than the PS3 could handle, knowing that these models could be reused in the future...

if this is true, they should translate to the PS4 nicely...

Top Bottom