• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

Iacobellis

"Next time, just take one dip and end it!"

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY.

Did Reggie not have a meeting with Rockstar before the WiiU was launched?

Kinda wish a WiiU sku was announced, my fat ps3 is so loud and I no longer have XBL gold.... Free online play with a next to silent machine would have been nice. :(
Unfortunately we have no clue what those meetings entailed.

Anything less than "Write down what you think is acceptable to get a competent port I'll try to swing it." is a big missed opportunity on their part.

npa189

It would just be dumb not to do next gen. My ass is still burnt about them just flat out ignoring PC for launch though. Max Payne 3 was just an awesome PC version and I thought they finally got it right, and they were committed to proper PC support. I went with the digital ps3 version, I hope they let it become cross-buy for PS4, if not I'll buy PC for like $10 on the eventual steam sale, just for the mods.

x3sphere

Did Reggie not have a meeting with Rockstar before the WiiU was launched?

Kinda wish a WiiU sku was announced, my fat ps3 is so loud and I no longer have XBL gold.... Free online play with a next to silent machine would have been nice. :(

WiiU doesn't have the install base, so it's not gonna happen. Beyond that it'd be very time consuming to port it over and they wouldn't be able to reuse the code, unlike potential PC to PS4 / X1 ports.

Fedele

WiiU doesn't have the install base, so it's not gonna happen. Beyond that it'd be very time consuming to port it over and they wouldn't be able to reuse the code, unlike potential PC to PS4 / X1 ports.

True, but GTA is the kind of game that could present really interesting use cases for the controller screen. I can instantly think of things like the mobile phone, drug dealing minigame (like GTA:CW) etc. Too bad it will never happen tho.

I doubt a PC or ps4 release for this year. They're going to want to milk current gen this holiday season and then get the double dippers in the spring

I find the fact that people expect them to have announced a PC or next-gen version before the current consoles both ridiculous and hilarious. Rockstar hates their fans yo!

Qassim

It's because there are multiple consoles, the idea of it being "console exclusive" means it's the only console you can play it on. Console is a category in this case, so if you define PC as a category you can then have exclusives inside that, e.g origin exclusive or something.

Also it sounds a little more elegant and less petty for Sony or Microsoft to say "it's not coming out on Xbox or PS4 lolz" It also adapts itself to some stretching, Such as "console exclusive debut" or "debuting as console exclusive" or "coming first to next-gen consoles exclusively" all meaning timed exclusive.

There are multiple PC platforms too, beyond the distribution system.

GTAV will make its PC exclusive debut in 6 - 8 months time!

njr

God damn it. R* knows some of us will double dip or even triple dip at that. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't release it on the new consoles. When it does release on PC i'll wait for a Steam Summer Sale or something.

Jharp

What are the odds that Rockstar/Take-Two will let us pay $10 or some reasonable price for a download code on the next gen versions, sort of like Activision is doing for Call of Duty?

Why couldn't the pricks just release a PC version the same date? Max Payne 3 was two weeks later. I'd wait two weeks. Bunch of cocks.

Caayn

The same reason Xbox One owners want Titanfall.

Bragging rights. Not saying that its good or fair, but thats what it is.
If you read my post history you'll see that I'm against 3rd party exclusives (both DLC and games). And is bragging rights realy a reason to screw over millions of other customers?
I would make the argument that:

1. GTA exclusive would move consoles
2. More consoles = more chance for real exclusives
3. More real exclusives = games built specifically for PS4 hardware
4. More games built from ground up for PS4 = better games
5. Better games = more consoles sold
6. Significant userbase advantage = multiplats using PS4 advantages
7. Less games being held back by lowest common denominator
This argument would have only been able to hold its ground during the previous generations (PS2 for example). But not during this one, as the PS4 and X1 are using the same architecture that the PC does. Devs don't need to do indepth studies to the CELL or XENON chips for example.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I doubt a PC or ps4 release for this year. They're going to want to milk current gen this holiday season and then get the double dippers in the spring
Spring will be for DLC on all platforms. I'm pretty sure that they want every next gen console purchase to be paired with another copy of GTAV this holiday. Otherwise, people will substitute something else on next gen hardware (i.e. Watch_Dogs) and R* misses out on those dollars.

Or maybe you're right and they don't care about next gen revenue. They make some odd business decisions, and GTA is pretty much the only reason why the company didn't go bankrupt.

How much of a big deal would it be if GTA V is a timed exclusive for PS4.

Considering that they'll be available on platforms with a combined install base of 140 million or so, it might not be as huge as some parties would hope. However, if the differences between a theoretical PS4 version were big enough warrant another purchase, it would provide an ample marketing opportunity for the system.

Either way, Sony is poised to take the crown. GTA being exclusive to them next gen at the very least doesn't hurt them in the slightest.

LtOrange

I can see a announcement at the VGAs this year
  • Pair the announcement with the first major GTA Online DLC
  • Q1 2014 release before the heavy hitters Titanfall and Destiny
  • Free GTA Online download for owners of the PS3/360 ver. of GTA V

Artex

Banned
I believe if we see it at all, it will be a year from now and include any DLC that was released along the way. A next-gen release isn't happening until all the DLC has already been released, IMO.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What are the odds that Rockstar/Take-Two will let us pay $10 or some reasonable price for a download code on the next gen versions, sort of like Activision is doing for Call of Duty?

Why couldn't the pricks just release a PC version the same date? Max Payne 3 was two weeks later. I'd wait two weeks. Bunch of cocks.

Zero chance. Easy for Activison to sell you a $10 voucher because they know it makes too much sense to just wait 10 days for the next gen version. Even knowing GTAV will come out in ~6 months on next gen consoles, I doubt many would be willing to wait that long.

It'll be amazing how an exclusive GTA "won't matter" to a lot of posters if this some how actually comes to be.

Personally, I'm not buying GTAV just because I don't have time for it currently and by the time I will I'll have my PS4 and probably won't worry too much about the game in general. If it was ported to PS4 then I'd probably buy it so this naturally would be good news to me.

Fedele

I can see a announcement at the VGAs this year
  • Pair the announcement with the first major GTA Online DLC
  • Q1 2014 release before the heavy hitters Titanfall and Destiny
  • Free GTA Online download for owners of the PS3/360 ver. of GTA V

On a smaller but related note, let's see how the whole SocialClub sync will work long term between PS+ and XBL in regards to keeping/transferring your char.

I believe I'm one of the many here jumping from the Xbox boat and going PS4 next-gen, so I hope by syncing both accs I'll have access to all my GTA:O stuff in both systems + next-gen, for example.

nampad

Now I am really conflicted between getting it for the 360 or waiting for the PS4 version. Don't want to double dip for something I mainly play for the SP.

Maligna

Banned
If we double dip on PS4 I wonder if we will be able to take advantage of that "significant discount" they mentioned for other cross generation games.

Bsigg12

If we double dip on PS4 I wonder if we will be able to take advantage of that "significant discount" they mentioned for other cross generation games.

That's only for games coming out this holiday though. Unless they extend that deal, which I don't think they will, then expect to pay 50-60 for the next gen version.

Bsigg12

This is why I waited. I can't believe people doubted this. Rockstar likes money.

I still don't expect it until Summer next year. Just because the code is there now doesn't mean they are going to announce it anytime soon. If they're smart they'll wait until after the holiday season since GTA V is going to kill to say anything about it to avoid people waiting on the better versions.

d31m0s

It took someone 5 min to write that code.

Exactly my Wife codes for a living and opening and pasting that would take five minutes max especially if they retyped it into notepad and just looked for a believable place and did copypasta

Septimius

This is why I waited. I can't believe people doubted this. Rockstar likes money.

I know it'll come out for PS4 and PC. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out before christmas, and I bought it completely aware of this fact. I think I might just get it for PC, because chances are it'll look best on PC, anyway. And I'll get the opportunity to use my wheel and pedals, and get some sweet, sweet mods.

Exactly my Wife codes for a living and opening and pasting that would take five minutes max especially if they retyped it into notepad and just looked for a believable place and did copypasta

I cannot believe people haven't verified this from multiple leaks. Sounds very doable, and I was under the impression that it was already done.

Piggus

No mention of an Xbone version is weird. If Sony's new partnership with Rockstar entails a next gen console exclusive GTAV port that would be a pretty big deal. I'm assuming Agent is dead so perhaps they worked out some kind of exclusive deal regarding GTA.

Robbler

Banned
I still don't expect it until Summer next year. Just because the code is there now doesn't mean they are going to announce it anytime soon. If they're smart they'll wait until after the holiday season since GTA V is going to kill to say anything about it to avoid people waiting on the better versions.

Or they could be planning to release it (and the PS4 version) this year.

Imagine if they reveal the PS4 version as a November 15th launch title at the end of this month. That'd be huge.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No mention of an Xbone version is weird. If Sony's new partnership with Rockstar entails a next gen console exclusive GTAV port that would be a pretty big deal. I'm assuming Agent is dead so perhaps they worked out some kind of exclusive deal regarding GTA.

I can't believe that their (possibly) cancelling Agent is enough to guarantee next-gen exclusivity of one of the biggest franchises in gaming. Money changed hands if this is true.

Bsigg12

Or they could be planning to release it (and the PS4 version) this year.

Imagine if they reveal the PS4 version as a November 15th launch title at the end of this month. That'd be huge.

The goal regardless is to get people to double dip. It maximizes profits off a single IP. GTA V will get the (second) largest push of sales in November and December as holiday presents. Depending on when they announce it, it could kill a potential sale and only bring 1 sale versus the 2 they could get if they announce it later.

Top Bottom