• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V confirmed 30fps 1080p on both Xbox One and Playstation 4 (read post #217)

Really interesting to see the XBONE go from the 720box to this. I'd bet that Microsoft is very adamantly working with devs to achieve this level of performance. It will be interesting to see if this trend will continue into future games that aren't tied to last gen consoles. Hopefully third parties choose to pursue graphical improvements on the PS4 versions if they are achievable.

audeh64r8

Banned
Seriously though, if people start whining about the parity then I don't know what to do with you.

Stop being childish!

As long as its smooth, I'm good. I always drive in first person in these games and on the PS3 the frame rate was too choppy to really enjoy it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Guys, its simply not possible. Not on this hardware.

We know this....unless we wanted it to look like the PS360 build.
Did TR:DF look like PS360 build? I know it wasn't locked 60 all the time, but still far better than if they clamped it down to 30.

I have to wonder why R* would intentionally not take full advantage of the PS4's significant power difference.

I expected 1080/60 or 1440/30, this flagrant slap in the face of PS4 owners is completely unacceptable.

On Demand

Banned
That's not because it's 1080p on both that it will look the same on both...

But good :)

I'm amazed people think resolution is the only thing related to graphics. lol.

At this point a developer could make a PS2 looking game and everyone would be fine with it as long as it's 1080p. Fuck every other thing that has to do graphics.

arit

I'm amazed people think resolution is the only thing related to graphics. lol.

At this point a developer could make a PS2 looking game and everyone would be fine with it as long as it's 1080p. Fuck every other thing that has to do graphics.

If it'd run at 60fps I'd be fine with that.

rokkerkory

Well I am expecting for solid performance + tad better effects on PS4 so let's wait for the DF analysis.

Good news all around however.

60fps was always a pipedram with these CPUs.

Yeah, even before the consoles launched there were definitely lots of people saying this; it should pretty much be acknowledged at this point they were right.

But hey, so long as they can stay above 30, yeah? Most games are doing that, so, cool with me.

Kezen

Banned
I have to wonder why R* would intentionally not take full advantage of the PS4's significant power difference.

I expected 1080/60 or 1440/30, this flagrant slap in the face of PS4 owners is completely unacceptable.

You're telling me some people genuinely believe MS is "gimping" the PS4 in a few multiplatform games ?
I always thought they were sarcastic.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm amazed people think resolution is the only things related to graphics. lol.

Resolution and framerate for me are the absolute most important things. I'll happily take a reduction in graphics quality to get a steady 1080p/60fps.

I would have been completely OK if the graphics stayed the same from the PS3/360 version, but upgraded to 1080p/60fps.

Nevertheless, I am happy with 1080p/30fps for GTAV on PS4/Xbox One.

Mr Moose

Great to see it finally confirmed, good news all around, it looks great.
Pretty tempted to double dip, hated the online though.

Percy

Banned
So is the PS4 getting any bonuses? Because of not, I might pick it up for the X1 instead. Wonder if they'll look the same completely.

Given how open world games on Xbox One have turned out so far, if this one is shooting for 1080p then I wouldn't bet against the performance coming up short tbh.

Pathos

Banned
MS paid Ubisoft to pay Rockstar to make it 1080p on both to avoid debates....
5OuWQSW.gif

Wavebossa

Cant tell if srs?

You do realize running at a consistent 60fps is exactly twice as difficult as running at a consistent 30fps (in single gpu situations where the bottleneck is the gpu and vram is not an issue). I know the ps4 is more powerful than the xbox1 but lets be srs here. Its not a PC (insert elitism)

Funny thing is, I would put money on this game not even staying at 30fps during action, I bet the slowdowns are going to be pretty common.

Well, that is disappointing for PS4 owners, but hopefully after the DF analysis points out the technical areas where their console version is superior they can have a reason to get excited about this release.

Yeah.. The sooner people realize that 60 fps in open world games is simply beyond both systems capabilities, the better.

More like, the sooner people realize that developers are the ones choosing framerates for these games, because they are targeting a certain graphical level, the better.

mike4001_

So all other developers confirmed lazy if an open world game with this much detail can run at 1080/30 on an xbox one ??

;)

Every time I read "slap in the face" on this forum I chuckle.

I know it's sarcasm

So all other developers confirmed lazy if an open world game with this much detail can run at 1080/30 on an xbox one ??

;)

No one can match Rockstar's per game budget and resources. Almost every other game aside from AC is an unfair comparison, and AC is really focusing on pumping in as many NPCs as possible on screen.

I know this is also sarcasm.

Kezen

Banned
That might be the case, but hopefully not.
Frankly, I think we should expect a very CPU punitive game, and compute heavy as well.
Hopefully the baseline is low enough to allow many to play it, but the ceiling will certainly be high.

There are rumors that GTA 5 PC might support Mantle. It could be a real game changer in this game.

nick nacc

Banned
Its really sad when HD remakes can't get 60fps on hardware that is nearly a decade newer. Rockstar has always been about pushing graphics over fps but jesus christ.

woen

Doesn't mean there won't be any differences though.

Does this mean PS4 is capable of a framerate between 30 and 60 fps and R* decided to work on a steady 30 instead ?

Smokey

Cant tell if srs?

You do realize running at a consistent 60fps is exactly twice as difficult as running at a consistent 30fps (in single gpu situations where the bottleneck is the gpu and vram is not an issue). I know the ps4 is more powerful than the xbox1 but lets be srs here. Its not a PC (insert elitism)

Funny thing is, I would put money on this game not even staying at 30fps during action, I bet the slowdowns are going to be pretty common.

Cmon man. 2560x1440 isn't even supported by these consoles.

Orayn

Graphical/effects differences must be huge then.

What if there are differences that aren't huge? What do you consider the tipping point for evil parity conspiracies or lazy devs?

I ask because this parity shit is hilarious to me as someone who plays primarily on PC. If I lost my shit and refused to buy any game that might underutilize my hardware, I basically wouldn't have purchased a single new title starting about half way through last-gen.

It's a curious thing to refuse something that meets your normal expectation because it's not better enough than what someone else is getting. Kinda sends the message that you care so much about the supremacy of your box of choice that you'll willingly forgo games that you'd otherwise enjoy.

If I get called an Xbox One apologist, that will make my day.

LowSignal

Well, that is disappointing for PS4 owners, but hopefully after the DF analysis points out the technical areas where their console version is superior they can have a reason to get excited about this release.

I hope your joking. NeoGaf needs less of these my dad can beat up your dad threads

Top Bottom