• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

Does anybody know yet where we can get those sweet vinyl/cd releases of the soundtrack that were announced as well? Release date Dec. 2014. Want to get on that stuff because they seem to be limited.

stephen08

So that content is exclusive for PS4 returning players? I interpreted it as exclusive for returning players on any platform. Or is there some other content I am forgetting?

Yasae

Banned
that also drives me nuts. idk what you're saying
That the argument doesn't work on the rest of GAF for open world games. It doesn't work for (unmodded) Skyrim, it doesn't work for Ubisoft games, doesn't work for Dead Rising...

But it works for this game. Magic.

KidJr

Never purchased a game twice, never wanted first person in GTA... until now. Well played R*, well played...

shandy706

That the argument doesn't work on the rest of GAF for open world games. It doesn't work for (unmodded) Skyrim, it doesn't work for Ubisoft games, doesn't work for Dead Rising...

But it works for this game. Magic.

It works for every single open world game ever made.

A few people not getting it...is not equal to all of GAF not getting it.

So that content is exclusive for PS4 returning players? I interpreted it as exclusive for returning players on any platform. Or is there some other content I am forgetting?

No, you were right the first time. The only PS4 exclusive is that one of the preorder bonuses is some extra cash in-game.

Cragvis

Wonder if this means 1st person golf/tennis too? would be odd to imagine, but so was 1st person gta in general and they nailed it so far.

1st person car washes = GOTY

I might be misunderstanding, but didn't the initial trailer say the game would be 60 FPS on X1, PS4, PC? Or is the PC version the only 60 FPS one? Also, this first person mode looks so fleshed out. I can't fucking wait.

Nope no official discussion of framerate or resolution. Resolution is a safe bet at 1080p on PS4, as all gameplay videos have been in 1080p so far, but this hasn't been "officially" confirmed by Rockstar. OPM had a junk article that they said it was 1080p, but that was just based on the trailers being in 1080p. no word on framerate yet. I think a stable 30FPS is a safe bet, with slight dips at times.

Ponn

Banned
I didn't get this last year for PS3 because I was just going to wait and get it cheap on Black Friday this year. Then I suddenly got a PS4 and was excited to just jump fresh feet first into the PS4 version instead. With DA:I though I figured maybe I would hold out till Black Friday for the off chance of a sale on it but this is making it incredibly hard for me to do.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Can't wait for some RoosterTeeth/Achievement Hunter video's and "heist's", using next gen GTA Online.

xBladeM6x

Nope no official discussion of framerate or resolution. Resolution is a safe bet at 1080p on PS4, as all gameplay videos have been in 1080p so far, but this hasn't been "officially" confirmed by Rockstar. OPM had a junk article that they said it was 1080p, but that was just based on the trailers being in 1080p. no word on framerate yet. I think a stable 30FPS is a safe bet, with slight dips at times.

Nah, they've never discussed frame rate. (or even final resolution).

They never said that.

Holy shit. I could have swore they said that.
I'm going insane, GAF.
Side note, this looks awesome.

rsggtavngscreenshot114jpg-37b979_640w.jpg

Holy shit. I could have swore they said that.
I'm going insane, GAF.
Side note, this looks awesome.

rsggtavngscreenshot114jpg-37b979_640w.jpg

Looks great but I hope that's just the player "braking" in the parachute, and that the giant hands aren't there at all times.

3rd person GTAV (360/PS3), the hands are pretty far out of the line of sight, so I'm hoping that's just when you tuck up and try to brake.

nLVf2NG.jpg

Would hate to have those big thumb nails disrupting my view :)

Not on GAF. Wrong.

okay, so what you're saying is that you should be able to hold your opinion rigid with a straight face toward GTA V while acknowledging that it's a bullshit way to analyze open world games, because of shitheads around here?

and no, you're not exactly wrong. I remember Watch_Dogs threads pack chock full of armchair graphics experts detailing exactly why things were so 'foggy' and 'flat lolz' with horribly skewed jpeg comparisons, and Infamous: SS threads where people rushed to demonstrate that they don't know what the term 'diminishing returns' means at all. FWIW you'll see me in those threads too, calling them out.

Some of the games you listed are far more ripe for complaint than GTA V, though, for valid reason. Not all open world games are made equal

You know what the awesomest thing is I want to do in 1st person......

Not a 5 star rampage......

Not getting sucked off by a prostitute.......

Not flying above the city at night.......

Not cruising in a taxi...........

But doing that 30min. triathlon across the countryside and city. Gat DAMN. My X-Button is ready

Certinty

You know what the awesomest thing is I want to do in 1st person......

Not a 5 star rampage......

Not getting sucked off by a prostitute.......

Not flying above the city at night.......

Not cruising in a taxi...........

But doing that 30min. triathlon across the countryside and city. Gat DAMN. My X-Button is ready
This deserves a ban.

Fuck that triathlon, no chance I am doing it again.

Nzyme32

Looks great but I hope that's just the player "braking" in the parachute, and that the giant hands aren't there at all times.

3rd person GTAV (360/PS3), the hands are pretty far out of the line of sight, so I'm hoping that's just when you tuck up and try to brake.

nLVf2NG.jpg

Would hate to have those big thumb nails disrupting my view :)

So glad I'm not the only one a bit annoyed at details like that with the parachute. I feel like that is a really poor implementation of it. In the end, you can look around fairly freely, so I can't see any reason for arm positions to be so ridiculously tight. When they so meticulous about other details, that just seems really out of place. I also noticed the same with guns pointing in directions different to where they shoot.

Top Bottom