• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

I'm so torn on the PS4/PC version.

I KNOW the PC version will be awesome with modding and higher FPS/resolutions, but damn it, the PS4 version looks spectacular.

I MUST RESIST!!! MUST WAIT FOR THE PC VERSION!!!

MUST WAIT!!!

ARGGGGH!!!!

/trembles with credit card in hand

Raptor

I think Backbreaker football was in 1st person mode?

EDIT: actually, it was just REALLY CLOSE 3rd person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Li...J0&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_615991

- man, look at those player physics! And that was from 2010.

Not that I'm aware of but it's about time.

I think with this game we are about to experience some incredible for the first time in a openworld FPS shooter animations of this kind, that makes all excited just to think of it.

kabel

I KNOW the PC version will be awesome with modding and higher FPS/resolutions, but damn it, the PS4 version looks spectacular.

MUST WAIT!!!

ARGGGGH!!!!

Just think abot how awesome FPV will be with mouse control.

You're strong! You can resist!

viveks86

I think with this game we are about to experience some incredible for the first time in a openworld FPS shooter animations of this kind, that makes all excited just to think of it.

After zynga acquired euphoria, I'm not sure if their priorities have been changed to mobile. It's shocking that rockstar is the only one that has shown interest in the tech for more than one game.

I'm sorry.. what? I hope you're joking.

With the added FPS mode on this, and the fact that the devs aren't trying to dodge the fact that it's a last gen game with a new gen veneer, not joking. I enjoyed my time with FC3 but it was that game that made me realize that almost all of Ubi's games of late amount to "look for Ubi diamond on Ubi map, go to Ubi diamond, do Ubi thing at place Ubi diamond was." Once you see into the Matrix of the Ubi formula, it's hard to put the blindfold back on.

Dr.Acula

Banned

MUST WAIT!!!

ARGGGGH!!!!

Think how awesome your online char will be on PC if you spend the next couple months getting gud on PS4.

Shredderi

MUST WAIT!!!

ARGGGGH!!!!

Pretty much my situation. Rationally thinking, I should just save up the money and put that towards a new rig and then buy the game but like you I'm really tempted

/trembles with ....Something in hand!

Very long and quite in depth preview here

http://multiplayer.it/articoli/140123-grand-theft-auto-v-gta-5-il-gioco-dei-giochi.html

in italian.

- more than double the draw distance. very little pop in making the world look very solid and believable.
- much more stable 30fps
- 3 times the light sources
- improved DOF with bokeh
- foliage now moves more realistically from wind / characters
- much higher res textures, much more diversity in ads / billboards
- rain progressively forms water puddles, everything is reflected on them (SSR ?)

the 'not so good'

- there still is some draw in
- IQ IS NOT PERFECT. They assume the game is probably using some post processing AA solution, which doesn't completely get rid of minor jaggies. IQ is not razor sharp.

Build was 8 weeks old though.

First person

- You can go TOTAL 1st person (that is, camera doesn't switch to 3rd even when rolling on the ground/down a hill, or going into cover etc) or dynamic.
- they said NO 1st person during cutscenes.
- YOU CAN ADJUST FOV hadn't heard of this before. Toggle head bobbling on/off etc.
- Basically change everything about the control scheme to suit your tastes
- walking physics have been adjusted for 1st person, game now has over 3000 new animations for the main characters (reloading weapons, using phone etc)
- Because of FPV, now NPC's have a wider range of facial expressions, since you're supposed to be looking at their faces.

That's more or less it.

oh man, the hype! thanks bro

Besaide

MUST WAIT!!!

ARGGGGH!!!!

Buy PS4 version now and wait for Steam sale on the PC version? I think that's the route I'll be going.

Dragon Age is where I'm having that debate. Most of my friends are on the PS4 but I know that any future DLC won't crossbuy with the PC version later down the road =(.

red731

1233400426_guy%20falls%20of%20chair.gif

Nice...nice

Ateron

Are there any news on unlocked Euphoria and improved driving physics?

I was wondering the same thing. GTA V surpassed IV in many many ways but the physics were definitely a compromise they had to make. IV had much more complex ragdolls and driving physics. I don't know if they have the headroom to re-implement it in this version, or how well it would mesh with the combat, but would like to know this as well. Don't think anyone has commented on it as of yet.

I hope they fixed the aiming problem. In GTA V the aiming acceleration was too heavy and made shooting a chore. It was vastly different from Max Payne 3.

Top Bottom