• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

It looks absolutely fine in almost every scene except this one

tiiwgu.gif

Regardless, this is a running theme in a lot of FPS games, it just seems more obvious in this one instance

I think it has to do with the auto targeting shenanigans.

Holy shit, that looks incredible. I will definitely double dip when I get a PS4, and I think it's safe to say that the game us easily going to exceed 50 million lifetime sales. Jesus, that looks so incredible I can see it almost being the biggest selling game of the year, again.

6 axis steering on a motorcycle in first person is something I want to try. Just for shits and giggles.
There is a ton of six axis controls in the existing PS3 version if you want to try. Sadly, not for driving :(

But if you haven't played it yet, then heck yea! THe boat six axis acontrols are weird, and the others are somewhat touchy too. I'd like a motion sensign calibration. Buty what I really want? Motion assisted aiming like what is in so many Vita shooters. Such an amazing addition.

BFIB

Finally listening to CVG, and they mention that R* is uploading a trailer (I think today?) showing the differences between PS4/Xbox One and PS3/360?

viveks86

There is a ton of six axis controls in the existing PS3 version if you want to try. Sadly, not for driving :(

But if you haven't played it yet, then heck yea! THe boat six axis acontrols are weird, and the others are somewhat touchy too. I'd like a motion sensign calibration. Buty what I really want? Motion assisted aiming like what is in so many Vita shooters. Such an amazing addition.

Yeah I skipped the PS3 version because there were rumors that a PS4 version was happening :D

woen

From a french preview :

32 GTA Online vehicles now available in the campaign mode
12 new weapons
20 new animals (terrestrial and aquatic)
150 new songs and new radio content/background
You can sweep songs and radios on PS4 with the Touchpad
The Dualshock 4 audio system "broadcasts" the songs from your smartphone
The DS4's lightbar changes with the characters and the police research level
One of the bonuses when you are considered as a returned player from the last-gen version is a hatchet/small axe. You also have a Kraken submarine.

This is too much

I know right? It sounded like they were really overhauling the game, but damn it sounds like they all but rebuilt the damn thing.

First Person Mode? That had to take some major work. And can GTA ever go back to NOT having a First Person Mode after this? I am really thinking this is something we will see going forward, First Person and Third Person Modes. It helps GTA cross genres and really shows off just how sick Rockstar are as developers.

From a french preview :

32 GTA Online vehicles now available in the campaign mode
12 new weapons
20 new animals (terrestrial and aquatic)
150 new songs and new radio content/background
You can sweep songs and radios on PS4 with the Touchpad
The Dualshock 4 audio system "broadcasts" the songs from your smartphone
The DS4's lightbar changes with the characters and the police research level
One of the bonuses when you are considered as a returned player from the last-gen version is a hatchet/small axe. You also have a Kraken submarine.

Don't understand that first one... what GTAO vehicles that were previously unavailable? The GTAO DLC was always available in SP... Maybe it just means they spawn in the game world now (one of the earliest screenshots showed the Benefactor Glendale spawned near the Yellowjack Inn).

Muffdraul

It wasn't easy, but I found something to whine about-

I want to be able to choose any car/bike and set it to be a character's default vehicle. I assume that won't be changed in the remaster, because frankly I can't think of any technical reason why they couldn't do it in the original version of the game. If any car/bike can be stored in your garages and saved for all time, I don't see any technical reason why that couldn't be applied to the default vehicles.

woen

Don't understand that first one... what GTAO vehicles that were previously unavailable? The GTAO DLC was always available in SP... Maybe it just means they spawn in the game world now (one of the earliest screenshots showed the Benefactor Glendale spawned near the Yellowjack Inn).

The exact quote : "The developers decided to repatriate and to include directly on the disk all the DLCs including for example 32 vehicles, accessible previously only in GTA Online"

woen

Actually pretty much every major video game website has posted this video. It appears this is the only official thing we'll get before the launch. I can't remember, but IGN might've said they're doing different articles throughout the week.

They have "exclusive things" to show us, I guess mainly what's left of their interviews with the dev and they didn't use today.

The exact quote : "The developers decided to repatriate and to include directly on the disk all the DLCs including for example 32 vehicles, accessible previously only in GTA Online"
I think it's just difficult direct translation or the previewers misunderstood... the 32 DLC cars are already available in SP and have been since day one (of each patch) without playing GTAO. So I guess it just means you don't have to download them now :p They're not new or only just "now" available in SP.

If they're on the disc and in the regular 'car traffic memory' though maybe they'll spawn as regular cars now which would be new. Before they were only available for players in the garage. Never spawned in the game world.

RyudBoy

OMG...

You mean to tell me I can play through the full game once traditionally in third person view, and then I have an incentive to play it all over again in first person view for a whole new experience?

!!

Being able to map sprint to L3 makes all the difference, imo. Can't wait!

woen

I think it's just difficult direct translation or the previewers misunderstood... the 32 DLC cars are already available in SP and have been since day one (of each patch) without playing GTAO. So I guess it just means you don't have to download them now :p They're not new or only just "now" available in SP.

If they're on the disc and in the regular 'car traffic memory' though maybe they'll spawn as regular cars now which would be new. Before they were only available for players in the garage. Never spawned in the game world.

I didn't know about it.
I hope they're available in the game and not only the garage (I hope they reduced the loading time for that btw)
The reviewer talks about the "Pegassi Zentorno" as an example, which was in one of the DLCs.

woen

Good to hear about the draw distance.

And yeah it says more info throughout the weeks. Next will be about the 30 player game modes? that sounds insane. lol

edit: wait is it 30 or 32? IGN said 30 in that video...is this more games journalizms?

30 players as usual and 2 spectators (???) according to french preview

I didn't know about it.
I hope they're available in the game and not only the garage (I hope they reduced the loading time for that btw)
The reviewer talks about the "Pegassi Zentorno" as an example, which was in one of the DLCs.
I think it's pretty much confirmed now actually.

One of the first new-gen screenshots suggested it because the DLC Benefactor Glendale was seen in the world... But Rockstar always stages official screenshots so it was still thought it may be misleading.

But another one of the screenshots today also shows a DLC car in regular traffic (and it looks much less staged because the car is rather irrelevant to the first-person focus on the screenshot) so I think that should pretty much confirm it.

Rembrandt

Banned
I was hoping we would get some previews, but fuck it, I'll take what I can get right now. That first person mode is going to be like playing a whole new game and now I have a great reason to play it twice or more. Idk.

NastyBook

Going to Gamestop tomorrow to cancel my DriveClub sub and put that money on what I already got on GTAV.

How many more weeks till this drops? Fuuuuuuuuuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Cubed

So frigging excited. My two most anticipated games this year have been TLOU: Remastered and GTA V for PS4. It has basically been a rerun of 2013 and I couldn't be happier. These are two of my favorite games of all time and now getting the definitive console versions of them.

Just saw the new gameplay footage. First person gameplay looks amazing. Rift support, please.

I will be buying this one as soon as it hits PC.

Top Bottom