• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

elyetis

Guess they still don't care that much about the PC crowd. :/

Meh, will still wait for pc version over ps4 version, let's just hope the joke doesn't go as far as having the game badly optimised.

It is happening.

Can't wait to transfer everything to PS4.

Might tripple dip pc version for cheap when mods become interesting eventually.

gtav_details09122014_007.jpg

Dat skyline

Jesus god have mercy

Easiest double dip for me in the history of gaming ... besides TLOU ... but dayum

Fingers crossed for a well optimised PC version.

I have already played GTA V on the 360 but to play it again on better hardware will be wonderful. I have been aching to play the game again but will hold off.

Lucifon

Sadly no sign of transferring singleplayer saves over. My buddy is pissed at that as he never finished it. No reason why they can't add it.

Pezking

Far Cry 4 is in the same date, right?

Yes.

GTA V
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Far Cry 4
LittleBigPlanet 3
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
Watch Dogs (Wii U)

All on the same day.

Nintendo should just announce Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for November 18th as well.

Nzyme32

Guess they still don't care that much about the PC crowd. :/

Meh, will still wait for pc version over ps4 version, let's just hope the joke doesn't go as far as having the game badly optimised.

Repost

Fucking shit, PC delayed.

not happy about this.

Called it. Take2 and rockstar have gone at this with full business mentality. Avoid canibilisation of sales via the PC and maximise the console sales. Inevitably a fair few will end up getting both. I'm perfectly fine waiting anyway

Guess I'm triple dipping on this then.

PS3 -> PS4 -> PC

Case and point

derExperte

Well shit, now I won't be able to vote for the PC version in any GAF GOTY vote, since I believe the rules won't let me vote for it in 2015.

From last year's thread:

PORT RULE: Games that released in your region in 2012 BUT NO EARLIER and have been brought to a new platform in 2013 are eligible, as long as you didn't vote on it last year.

Also there's the LTTP vote.

Anyway, two months won't kill me, I'll be there day 1 next year but V didn't really grab me on PS3 and I've still got a few more open world games in my backlog.

Woah that release date really shakes thing up. I think at least 2 games out of Far Cry 4, LBP3 and Dragon Age should be delayed if they don't want their games to bomb. I know that these games don't share the same exact audience, but I'm sure there is a huge overlap in that base with a title like GTA V.

Seanspeed

Banned
Max Payne 3 was released a month or so later on PC and the port was glorious. I have no problem waiting this one out, it's not like there's nothing to play that time of year.
Like I said in another thread - this aint Max Payne! GTAV is a totally different type of game. I'm hopeful, just a bit worried is all.

And hell, even if I didn't buy another game this year I have enough to play on my PC to last me through Christmas 2015! So the wait aint gonna kill me, its just I don't want this to mean it gets a late, rushed job. Hopefully those two months get put to very good use.

Kssio_Aug

"Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come."

Thats good, except for this "with much more". Where are the Heists? I wont buy that "to come" anymore. Also, I hope that the reload times on GTA:O does get greatly reduced!

br3wnor

The sad thing is that I bought it for ps3, will buy it for ps4 and then sometime next year when a good amount of mods have come out, get it for PC. Dat triple dip

shandy706

Well...

Looks like I'm getting it for free on X1....then in a PC sale down the road.

Can't wait. Will be the first time I play it. This has been one long "I'll wait for next-gen/PC" wait.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And GTA V just fucked the next gen holiday sales for a lot of games that were betting on that Black Friday sales rush. I think Ubisoft is thrilled by their release dates decision (everything in November) now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It was delayed to November 18th. Also, you're assuming that there's no overlap between fans of both games.

Yeah just seen that, and of course there will be but surely it won't be either or? I'll get GTA if its a decent price since its a remaster and I'm gonna get DA day one.

Seanspeed

Banned
Eh...

Seems about as much of an improvement as every other remaster, at least graphically.
It still shows unmistakeable last-gen roots in places, but you obviously picked the worst shot of the bunch there. A couple other ones look way better than any 360/PS3 game I've ever seen.

Alienous

It still shows unmistakeable last-gen roots in places, but you obviously picked the worst shot of the bunch there. A couple other ones look way better than any 360/PS3 game I've ever seen.

All of them "look better" than any 360/PS3 game I've ever seen. Even the shot I picked.

As I said before, it looks about as good as the remasters I've seen before it. It would be an achievement at 60fps.

Top Bottom