• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

Corpsepyre

Banned
Bummed to hear about the delay on PC. But hey, if they make the port work just right, then it's fine. Best not to endure another Watch Dogs-esque shit-tastic performance.

Daffy Duck

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finally! Glad to hear it's hitting in November, as I was a little worried. Really enjoyed my brief time with the PS3 version, and look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Chris1

Isn't this good for PC players? It's better than releasing it same time as Xbox One/PS4 and the port being crappy.

Dat PC release date

QtNIKIH.gif

*sigh*

Philippo

Thank god for Bioware DA:I appeals mostly to RPG fans, otherwise it would be slaughtered by this... Yeah it's gonna be like this anyway :(

I'll be curious to see if Ubi drops Far Cry 4 back a couple of weeks. 3 launched in December and did great, so it would probably behoove them to drop it back a few weeks to get out of GTA V's wake.

My only hope is that they use those extra two months wisely and give PC players the optimization they deserve.

I'll be super pissed if it comes out on PC in January of 2015 and the port is still garbage.

Sucks about the PC version, but it's not like I'm going to be starving for releases this fall.

I do have to wonder what the fuck Rockstar's problem is with the PC though.

Ubisoft should delay Far Cry, honestly. I bet it could use the extra development time anyway.

I agree it's going to be a bloodbath. There's not even that much hype for FC4 from what I've seen and now it has to compete with THIS. Not to mention the other huge titles releasing in November.

Some have. Some assets are entirely new as well.

Not everything, obviously. But for a bit of perspective here:

Increase the resolution of the final image and beyond the LODs, I think the character models are basically the same. They look the exact same as the press shots before gta C released at least.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
please be more understanding. after developing the game on PS4/xbone devkits, it takes a while to port over to PC hardware.

Kssio_Aug

Please be a chainsaw, please be a chainsaw...

Why would you want a chainsaw EXCLUSIVELY for PS4?? =S

Gonna get the Xbox One version here, except if the PS4 version becomes substantially better! If the difference again is only 900p x 1080p, then the Xbox One version will be mine!

Palpable

Also incredibly illogical.

The sooner the game comes out, the sooner it'll go down in price.

Unless you have some weird fetish about buying games only on D1.

Right. Let others enjoy the game and by the time you get the funds for your PC, the price may have gone down or there are some awesome mods/DLC to enjoy right once you jump in.

EqicDodoO

Yes can't wait!
Did not complete gta5 on ps3 on purpose.

I just hope i can transfer my character from my other profile to my main profile.
Can anyone confirm this?

Kezen

Banned
I do have to wonder what the fuck Rockstar's problem is with the PC is though.

It's not exactly a secret that piracy on PC is rampant. Rockstar's way of dealing with this is to delay the inevitable to prevent some people interested in the game to pirate it on PC instead of opting for a console version.

Sad that PC gaming will never get rid of piracy but at least we will get the game.

doofy102

Increase the resolution of the final image and beyond the LODs, I think the character models are basically the same. They look the exact same as the press shots before gta C released at least.

I'm seeing plenty of improvements in the new screens. Digital Foundry will show what's up.

Basketball

16 players is chaos in online

I can't even imagine the spawn kills/tank/jet killers with 30 in public sessions

I can't wait to find out though

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you want a chainsaw EXCLUSIVELY for PS4?? =S

Gonna get the Xbox One version here, except if the PS4 version becomes substantially better! If the difference again is only 900p x 1080p, then the Xbox One version will be mine!

Because then I can use the touchpad to destroy everyone :O

please be more understanding. after developing the game on PS4/xbone devkits, it takes a while to port over to PC hardware.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic? The Xbone and PS4 are essentially PC's. AND they've had ample time to do the port. I'm not even upset about the delay for PC, but don't try and make excuses. This is more likely to avoid pirates from damaging sales. GTAIV was heavily pirated, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Winter John

Great news. Looking forward to playing this again as I never managed to finish it last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon Age gets either a bump or a delay. E.A would be crazy to keep their release date now. Between GTA and COD, Dragon Age would get destroyed if it released in November.

Two fucking months? No, more than two whole fucking months for the PC version?

Goddamnit if this isn't a more than competent port, once it comes out, i swear to fucking Christ i'll continue to pony up my money D1 like a shameless sucker and double dip, despite being fooled into believing things would've been different this time, with every single game they put out, because i'm a fucking idiot.

/Ironic Rant.

But really though, fuck this.

33lpgs9.jpg.gif

Top Bottom