• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV/Spike is airing an entire episode about Unreal Engine 4 on June 7th

JABEE

Update 2:

This is a full GTTV episode, very few other things in the show.

Update:

In the video they even refer to the UE4 unveiling as revealing the next-generation of gaming. Though, they do say June 7th in the video, probably since GTTV varies by time zone.

lnsdt.png

Also, this trailer confirms it's going to be UE4.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-e3-2012/730566

Not sure if that should be added to OP or not. I think it should. Near the end they say the exclusive reveal of E3 with Unreal Engine 4, etc.

---

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/statuses/206140805373632512

Geoff Keighley said:
The next-generation of gaming is coming exclusively to Spike at E3. More details soon.

Geoff is hinting at a "next-generation" announcement on Spike TV.

Mod Edit:

I feel this should be noted:

epice3q4ujm.png

Edit 2:

via cuyahoga

geoffncsge8u.png

I saw the tweet too. Isn't this just an obvious Wii-U tweet? I mean the other two console manufacturers have confirmed no announcements this year.

Instro

Its about the Wii U, Spike is covering the Nintendo conference and other related Nintendo events this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha.. Remember the last time Geoff and Reggie were in the same room together? Man, that Wii-U really bummed Geoff out.

Linkhero1

It's Geoff...Spike recently got Nintendo's conference as an exclusive. Don't get hyped over something we already know folks.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Even if he's not talking about Nintendo, wouldn't it HAVE to be Microsoft because they don't have exclusive access to Sony's conference.

Eh, I don't think it's Wii U...since it's not next gen. I think it's probably UE4.

Ignoring the assumption... like Geoff cares about that. He's whoring out Spike's E3 coverage, and if he's trying to hype up the Nintendo conference, he's not going to be putting any qualifiers into the tweet.

Why would he say the Wii U is exclusive to Spike? The Wii-U Is assuredly gonna be around the conference a bit.

The conference is exclusive to Spike.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Keighley's statement sounds like typical media hype jargon. I wouldn't get too excited by that statement in and of itself.

Wait... you think Nintendo isn't going to show their next gen console?

They will but i'm not going to assume that it's what he is referring too. Could be a live UE4 reveal or something along those lines.

Edit: I'd prefer the two be hand in hand if you get what I'm saying.

UE4 makes the most sense. The Nintendo conference will air on MTV2 also, so it's not exclusive to Spike. Airing the UE4 demo would be something that they could claim as an exclusive.

Liamario

Banned
Next generation of gaming could mean anything to be fair. In this context, I suspect he's referring to the next wave of games and the WiiU (judging by some rumoured specs, it's the next generation nintendo console rather than the next proper leap for consoles as a whole).

In any event, it's all just hype really; and the greater the hype, the greater the disappointment.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it's a safe bet it's about the Wii U and not Sony or Microsoft's next gen platforms. Neither wants to talk about them yet.

Hiltz

Haha.. Remember the last time Geoff and Reggie were in the same room together? Man, that Wii-U really bummed Geoff out.

That's true. However, you also have to feel a bit for Reggie too. There's reason to be frustrated by him, but what would you guys do if you were in his shoes ? One can only say so much when your company isn't in a position to release more details on new hardware or software announcements. I'd be secretly frustrated at someone who likely knows I won't be able to answer the questions he wants to ask but continues to grill you on them.

Top Bottom