• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How does social networking work in Tyria anyway

Soulkeeper is the founder and leader of the Vigil so I assume Pact command fell to her with
Trahearne's demise.
Laranthir was always her number two and while Pact troops probably trust him, the whole 'sylvari are mordrem' deal means that he doesn't have the credibility to lead according to the civilian masses.

it's more of "this is the first time any of the order leaders do anything". you'd think they'd either send gixx or a whisper leader since they fellate to asura or whisper

Almorra was an important character in Ghosts of Ascalon. I think she's an ok choice and it's not out of nowhere, but Laranthir was robbed

I feel like choosing Almorra as the new leader of the Pact is an easy set up for the White Mantle to spread some anti-charr / anti-Jennah propaganda

Ashodin

ALMORRA IS MY CATLADY

Leader of the VIGIL

REPRESENT

Vigil_banner.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm so the best idea is to save all those extra vials of powerful blood and sell them after week 2 is done?

I've seen too many comments all around that amount to "I never finished hots. When's ls3?" so I spoilered just in case.

why would people do this

Almorra was an important character in Ghosts of Ascalon. I think she's an ok choice and it's not out of nowhere, but Laranthir was robbed

I feel like choosing Almorra as the new leader of the Pact is an easy set up for the White Mantle to spread some anti-charr / anti-Jennah propaganda

true enough

I guess Vigil people are naturally born leaders as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, I'm not sure if I'll be back home in time for missions tonight at 9. I will try, but if anyone else is available to lead feel free to get started on time. If not I'll do whatever people are up for when I get in and boot up the game.

DrAg0nBoY

I am really thinking about buying HoT now that it is on sale. One question. How long is the story?

I have 2 days off now and would like to see if I can finish the game in that time or not. But then I have the problem to what to do else, when I beat the main story, lol.

I haven't really been playing the past couple of weeks since my (old) computer died and I had to build a whole new one. Here are the specs of my new computer:

Computer Case : Fractal Define S
Processor : Intel Core i7-6850K
CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H115i
Motherboard : ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming x99x
RAM : G.Skill Ripjaw 4 Series 8x8GB DDR2400
Storage : Samsung PRO Ultra M.2 512GB
Fans Extra : 4x Corsair SP140
Power Supply : EVGA 220-P2 Platnium 80 Plus 1000w

What I can salvage from my dead computer;
Video Card : GTX980Ti

Future upgrades;
2nd Video Card : GTX1280Ti

I was also laid off a month ago and I'll be starting my new career tomorrow. Kinda nervous, but mostly excited. I don't know if I'll be on much the next few months, in case anyone was/is wondering.

Ploid 3.0

Dang just saw Season 3 requires Heart of Thorns. I was going to just log in to have them tied to my account and do them later.

nataku

Dang just saw Season 3 requires Heart of Thorns. I was going to just log in to have them tied to my account and do them later.

I'm pretty sure it's just playing it that requires HoT, but you can still unlock it even if you don't have HoT.

EDIT: From the FAQ:

How do I unlock the episodes?

Just as in Season 2, you can unlock each episode for free by logging in to Guild Wars 2 any time between the episode’s initial release and the release of the next episode. If you don’t own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, you can still log in to unlock the episode for free—it’ll be there waiting for you once you purchase the expansion!

DrAg0nBoY

So I bought HoT and I regret it. I frickin hate the new maps. I died so many times, because I thought I am on the same layer as the waypoint and I wasn't. It also does not help, that I am playing on a laptop and the frames drop so that I can't jump for shit and fall to my death.

I don't know, perhaps getting the masteries helps to navigate the map easier, but still I just think they are bad and hope that they get rid of this crap in future expansions.

Ploid 3.0

I nearly got the expansion yesterday, but looking at WoodenPotato's recent video on the worth of HoT I wouldn't have a use for many of the reasons to get it. I don't raid, or do party events, and I have no desire for the legendary weapons in this game at all. The only thing I'd want it for would be the new classes, and living story season 3. I bought gems in the past to show my appreciation for no subscription, and I might just get this anyway down the line, but I'm in no rush.

Kalentan

I nearly got the expansion yesterday, but looking at WoodenPotato's recent video on the worth of HoT I wouldn't have a use for many of the reasons to get it. I don't raid, or do party events, and I have no desire for the legendary weapons in this game at all. The only thing I'd want it for would be the new classes, and living story season 3. I bought gems in the past to show my appreciation for no subscription, and I might just get this anyway down the line, but I'm in no rush.

Now is the time to get it though with it being on sale. Plus the actual zones and story missions for HoT I found are pretty fun! Far more challenging than the original areas which were nerfed badly from beta to release.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, it's 50% off until tomorrow.

Clearos

I think it is really worth the purchase. I know HOT got some heat (tee hee) but the recent patches were a nice touch. I am already on my 3rd character doing the story and have had no slow down.

For $25, I think it is a steal even if you just have it for LS3.

Quenk

What was the spoiler tag guideline for LS2? I think spoiler tagging LS3 discussions would be good for a little bit at least.

the change to this fractal was centered around turning Swampland into a proper boss fractal.
There is now only a single path, rather than both a Mossman and Bloomhunger path, and players will fight both the Mossman and Bloomhunger in a single run.

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Fishious

Finally after all these years ranger pets can remember their names. Also crafting recipes are now account wide. Looks like lots of nice QOL stuff.

Kalentan

Lots of nice QoL changes but...

I'm sorry for a patch that took... What- 9 months to come, the amount of content seems almost pathetically low. Like- maybe a hour or two of it.

Stuart444

We get a new zone :D Bloodstone Fen.

Also first mission of LS3 is pretty cool.
Honoring Eir and getting to see Garm again. <3 Garm

Anno

Looks very small- but I guess I will take it. I assume the zone only has 2 WPs?

Edit: Derp, 4 wp's. Just saw the corner thing.

TTH described it as about
the size of Southsun but with some HoT-style verticality including apparently some expanded glider mechanics.

Stuart444

There is also another 80 above it but it has no hover over in-game so I don't know what that is or if it's something for a future patch.

I'm not done with it, but so far:

1) Great opening. I got sad. Didn't expect that emotional impact. Good voice acting. Taimi keeps growing on me.

2) New Area is pretty crazy. I like the visual aesthetics, but I keep dying. I've never played a game where the terrain itself is the enemy. One of the things I like about HoT zones is that there is a skill curve to learning the maps. When I first went into HoT, I kept dying and dying. It was impossible. I was frustrated and annoyed. And then I got some masteries, and then I got a bit better, and then I played a lot, and now I know the attacks, the shortcuts.
I really like these skill curve moments.

3) I like the new weapons. Greatsword is very nice.

Ashodin

Man sword feels weird now. It feels like there's not as much feedback when the third strike goes off, but the teleport dropping a symbol is so fuckin ace.

Also props for fixing Sword 3 to actually shoot straight. Overall, the changes to the weapons feel like a step in the right direction.

Man sword feels weird now. It feels like there's not as much feedback when the third strike goes off, but the teleport dropping a symbol is so fuckin ace.

Also props for fixing Sword 3 to actually shoot straight. Overall, the changes to the weapons feel like a step in the right direction.

Spirit weapons and Tomes next I'm sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit, is there really a live Show Enemy Health Percentage option? Right now?

I desperately need to finish the HoT story and get into the new stuff, but with that and the salvage kit thing I know I'm just gonna sucked into dungeons when I get on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom