• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to play a bit of the story and some of the new map yesterday. It was fun and I'm interested in where the story is going.

I just hope the next new map they add is not so unnecessarily vertical just because we need it to showcase gliding.

I'm ready for a new map where it is somewhere in between old maps and new ones and preferably without a gimmick to navigate it.

Finished the episode

So, looks like we have a one-two punch going on here. White mantel returns in force with the god thingy and a civil war in their ranks, while another dragon stirs.

I can see where this is heading, if expansion 2 is going to take us subsurface and deal with that dragon. Could bring in some Asura focus as well, with living story dealing with Kryta's issues.

I agree with WoodenPotatoes that this is def among the best story content they have ever done, but at the same time I am bummed out about no Cantha. This essentially confirms it:(

I agree with WoodenPotatoes that this is def among the best story content they have ever done, but at the same time I am bummed out about no Cantha. This essentially confirms it:(

Well you never know cuz,
primordous' champion in GW2 caused fissures in the ground in all 3 areas of tyria (tyria, cantha and elona).

Also, Tengu have been fighting destroyers for so long that if primordous is the next dragon we tackle this would be the best way to introduce them as a new race and also get cantha involved since Tengu are originally from there.

Exciting time for future story speculation.

Finish the story, the rewards were shit, and that final mission was annoying...

Why would you expect good rewards from the first episode? Or really from story content at all? ;p

Forgot to mention I was REALLY surprised that
Primordus is the next dragon. I could have sworn he was the leader among them all and have always thought he was going to be the dead last villain of GW2.

Spyware

Forgot to mention I was REALLY surprised that
Primordus is the next dragon. I could have sworn he was the leader among them all and have always thought he was going to be the dead last villain of GW2.
Before info about Zhaitan I thought he would be the first because of the EotN story. The biggest baddest villain has always been Kralk for me.

Before info about Zhaitan I thought he would be the first because of the EotN story. The biggest baddest villain has always been Kralk for me.

All their actions are so independent that perhaps there isn't a leader at all. As for the strongest, it will simply be whomever we fight last ;p Although we can still speculate just based on what their ability is, how they amass their army and go off of that. I mean, Mordremoth was damn near invincible and basically required a lucky gimmick to take him out. Zhaitan went out luck a chump though haha

Indignate

There's a secret celestial force that will show up after the dragons are dead cuz the game will need more story content but then after that the game will be dead.

There's a secret celestial force that will show up after the dragons are dead cuz the game will need more story content but then after that the game will be dead.

If we only get a dragon per expansion they'll be ready to move on to GW3 by the time we slay them all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so any tips on getting gift of battle easily? EotM with complete wvw and exp buffs?

they should have really made earning points for doing wvw tasks than simply relegating it to participation.

I finally saved up enough Magnetite Shards to buy the coolest raid reward!

eGoJpDO.jpg

And a bunch of us finally got enough Legendary Insights this week to be able to craft the Legendary Armor.

If only they would now finish it and put it in the game. :<

0T4jxBT.jpg

Man, I've been so busy I still haven't touch this new Living Story.

I usually come home, do stuff, and spend around 1h, 1h30m per day (and not even all week days) playing PS4 on the sofa.

A console version of GW2 would be godlike.

Anyway, wondering if this LS story is well paced, well structured. Anyone care to give some spoiler free insight on this?

A console version of GW2 would be godlike.

Anyway, wondering if this LS story is well paced, well structured. Anyone care to give some spoiler free insight on this?
Have you considered joining the ranks of the GAFers that use controllers for GW2?

LS3 Story thus far is short, but there is a lot going on. Mostly it's the player catching up with LS2 characters and then winding up in the middle of a shitstorm made by old GW1 antagonists and figuring out what they did to cause it. It ends on an ominous note, hopefully they can follow up with something good.

Well you never know cuz,
primordous' champion in GW2 caused fissures in the ground in all 3 areas of tyria (tyria, cantha and elona).

Also, Tengu have been fighting destroyers for so long that if primordous is the next dragon we tackle this would be the best way to introduce them as a new race and also get cantha involved since Tengu are originally from there.

Exciting time for future story speculation.

It would just be incredible. I still regularly look at the Cantha art and listen to the soundtrack. I don't think I've ever see a western developer pay homage to a eastern inspired game. It's not that I don't want to play whatever else they got cooking, be it more deserts, snowy mountains or what not. It's just... damn...

DrAg0nBoY

Haha, I can't believe this, I just rage quited out of the last mission in Heart of Thorns, just because my glider didn't want to open up.

I don't want to do this mission from the start again, lol.

Haha, I can't believe this, I just rage quited out of the last mission in Heart of Thorns, just because my glider didn't want to open up.

I don't want to do this mission from the start again, lol.

Ugh, that mission is horrible. It's been bugged since release. Godspeed.

DrAg0nBoY

I am done with this game and this stupid fight. No game in a long time has made me so rage as this single fight...

Anyone wanna carry me through it? I seriously have no desire to play it alone again.

I am done with this game and this stupid fight. No game in a long time has made me so rage as this single fight...

Anyone wanna carry me through it? I seriously have no desire to play it alone again.

Invite me if you see me online. Character name is Brynn Vaulderie.

Awesome. Thank you. I will probably play again in a couple of hours, because I just hate the game right now.

If someone else wants also to help, you are welcome :).

I'll be asleep in a couple of hours. :<

If you have time to do it now, I promise it won't take us long, haha.

Sioul

Quick question: What is the best way to farm gold right now?. I have only played PvP in the last couple months and now I want to get gold to buy some skins.

Fashion Wars 2 is real

Taffer

I thought they had fixed that shit, one of the updates included a bunch of fixes for the appalling terrible horrendous final instance. I was going to run some alts through the story but thank God I'm so good at putting things off. Now I can focus on ignoring it again.

I thought they had fixed that shit, one of the updates included a bunch of fixes for the appalling terrible horrendous final instance. I was going to run some alts through the story but thank God I'm so good at putting things off. Now I can focus on ignoring it again.

I've not seen any bugs since they patched it, and most of the stuff I've seen complained about has been misunderstandings about mechanics or just poor mechanics in general.

Feonix

I'm interested in doing the raid for the first time but I have never done it before so I'd need a group to walk me through it. Would anybody be interested in helping a raid noob do some raiding?

I don't think I ever really understood how The Juggernaut's effect worked until now.

It uses the color of the environmental lighting, so depending on where you stand, it can look completely different even with the same dyes. (All of those were taken while using Celestial Dye.)

I don't think I ever really understood how The Juggernaut's effect worked until now.

It uses the color of the environmental lighting, so depending on where you stand, it can look completely different even with the same dyes. (All of those were taken while using Celestial Dye.)

How long have you had it? since Juggy was my first Legendary, i notice this right away...

Boss Doggie

So I know the NPC for converting karma to linen (that crab charr renown heart in Bloodtide Coast, you buy his crab light gloves), but what about wool and cotton?

So I know the NPC for converting karma to linen (that crab charr renown heart in Bloodtide Coast, you buy his crab light gloves), but what about wool and cotton?

Holy crap I wish I knew about that when I was making my ascended armor! Wasted a bunch of gold buying Linen ;p

Boss Doggie

Holy crap I wish I knew about that when I was making my ascended armor! Wasted a bunch of gold buying Linen ;p

basically you convert karma to mats by buying them in bulk then tossing them into the toilet to make then salvageable, you'd occasionally get duds like spawning another karma gear but you will mostly still make salvageable stuff

since I am making bough of melandru I am needing 10 (I think) of the ascended cloth and after amassing so many of the gated component it's just spending karma for cloth mats

basically you convert karma to mats by buying them in bulk then tossing them into the toilet to make then salvageable, you'd occasionally get duds like spawning another karma gear but you will mostly still make salvageable stuff

since I am making bough of melandru I am needing 10 (I think) of the ascended cloth and after amassing so many of the gated component it's just spending karma for cloth mats

Ah ok, made my set a while back but if I ever make another I'll try to remember that. My current struggle is Soft, Hard, and Seasoned wood. I just need to spend a bunch of gold to buy them which is what has kinda diminished my playtime haha Just need to bite the bullet because there's nothing more worth spending my gold on than stuff to make a legendary. Farming Elder wood is bad enough and I could only bring myself to do it because of how convenient Malchor's Leap is for it. I'd lose all sanity farming the other woods ;p Once I buy the lower woods, I can get the heck out of Tier 2 for Nevermore and it will be far more fun and such smoother sailing for the final two tiers. Except the damn Aglemetory Stones or whatever they are called. Going to be fun getting 250 of those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom