• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

EU lobbies are more populated on Steam due to the shorter distances and therefore better netcode.
Buy Steam version for online only when you are in Europe, like with most PC fightinh games

ah, was hoping to not go ps4 and play gg/t7 primarily on pc but it seems like i gotta go the way of the community.

Thanks.

Edzi

So do we know if Steam is getting a standalone Rev2 or is it just the upgrade? Should I just go ahead and buy Revelator now to upgrade when Rev2 comes out? Also, do we know if the upgrade still nets you the DLC characters from Revelator?

Uraizen

Banned
So do we know if Steam is getting a standalone Rev2 or is it just the upgrade? Should I just go ahead and buy Revelator now to upgrade when Rev2 comes out? Also, do we know if the upgrade still nets you the DLC characters from Revelator?

No, never, not with ArcSys on Steam. There will probably be a discount. No reason to buy it early with it so close to release. Their "standalone" version will probably just be rev with the rev 2 DLC in a bundle that will be cheaper.

Slaythe

rev 2 still not on psn? also no excuse for a new OT?

Think of it this way, if we make a new OT, it's gonna die before we reach page 2.

Might as well rename this one.

It's kinda sad but heh.

Anyway Arcsys fans, take it from me, it's always the darkest before dawn. ;)

I checked an hour ago but I didn't see it up. Is it on PSN now for US? If it is, I would basically connect my 100ft ethernet cable from downstairs to get it instead of my fisher price wifi.

ArjanN

The page for the REV2 DLC is already there on the Steam store.

That said there's bound to be a launch Revelator + REV2 bundle discount or something.

Seyob

TBH that sounds fairly normal for them. Additional items like colors, outfits, voices, etc are still something you have to buy but DLC characters from previous versions are included in new revisions. So if/when they add anyone to Rev2 when Rev3 or whatever comes out that will include whoever was DLC for Rev2, etc.
The Rev2 upgrade doesn't unlock Kum for me though! I bet they are included in the standalone game but cannot check.

ZenTzen

Doesnt the Rev 2 upgrade supposed to have a discount for those that already have Rev1, why is it still 40 to me

Ps4 EU by thee way

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I ended up just pre-ordering the retail Rev 2 disc. It was like eight bucks more than the digital upgrade with my Prime discount.

StereoVsn

Question, does the new release have the full story mode from Xrd, Revision, and Revision 2? I have Xrd, but never gotten around to getting Revision so was wondering what was the best route for mainly SP and local play?

Caim

Question, does the new release have the full story mode from Xrd, Revision, and Revision 2? I have Xrd, but never gotten around to getting Revision so was wondering what was the best route for mainly SP and local play?

You get Rev 1 and 2 story, but I don't think normal Xrd is included (maybe a recap)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Just a title change? The OT needs needs a serious REVision of it's own because there's some missing and outdated information in there.

I haven't been following Guilty Gear ever since the Japanese PS+ Demo for Revelator so I will be coming here to ask a few things about the game that I'm not familiar with later on.

Tizoc

I'm a double dipping maniac
Gonna grab the $20 upgrade on PSN later this week along with T7 reg. edition

Then I'll grab Rev2 off Steam next week ToT

D-Man

Sorry if this a dumb question, but if I have a physical copy of Revelator and I buy and download the Rev 2 expansion, I should be good to go right?

You get Rev 1 and 2 story, but I don't think normal Xrd is included (maybe a recap)

I was just about to ask this question too. Thanks for answering.

I saw a copy in a game store on my way home today and nearly bought it but I think i'll wait and see what the steam version's price is like first.

Gambit61

I'm a double dipping maniac
Gonna grab the $20 upgrade on PSN later this week along with T7 reg. edition

Then I'll grab Rev2 off Steam next week ToT

Lol, same here. Getting T7 on PC and PS4, and Rev 2 on PS4. Gonna​ wait for a rev2 steam sale since I bought -Sign- at launch but skipped Rev.

Alchemist

I've just checked, there's no option like that in the Config menu. Either I'm missing something or it's yet another mess caused by the EU store :/

Do you have the latest update? I'm in the UK and bought the upgrade pack just after midnight and as soon as I started the application, everything with Rev 2

Do you have the latest update? I'm in the UK and bought the upgrade pack just after midnight and as soon as I started the application, everything with Rev 2

What version is the latest update? I guess it's possible it's still not out in Italy, but it would be quite weird. I've downloaded version 1.06 a couple of hours ago, and it says there are no new updates as of now

Alchemist

What version is the latest update? I guess it's possible it's still not out in Italy, but it would be quite weird. I've downloaded version 1.06 a couple of hours ago, and it says there are no new updates as of now

Yeah 1.06 is the latest version. Definitely weird so many people are having problems.

Yeah 1.06 is the latest version. Definitely weird so many people are having problems.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'll try to contact Guilty Gear EU's Twitter account and see if they know about the issue.
EDIT: well, looks like PQube knows and posted a generic "looking into this". Let's see how this goes.

This upgrade pack is a mess. I thought Rev 2 was supposed to include all the DLC characters from Revelator, but I installed the upgrade and Dizzy et al are still unavailable. Does regular Rev 2 not include them?

Top Bottom