• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

CdH0RflXIAAtGsW.jpg:orig

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pour Some Sugar On Me is so fucking excellent. Can't wait.

I bought this secondhand recently. I was an idiot and didn't look up the song list first and it has to be the worst track list of any guitar hero I have ever played. I just can't bear to play through the campaign anymore. All of the good songs are on the streaming channel, and I have to spend tokens to play them. Both the Satriani songs, Hangar 18, Lamb of God, Jerry was a Racecar Driver, all locked to that mode. Extremely disappointed.

At least the guitar seems like a step forward, despite being me being a doubter at first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought this secondhand recently. I was an idiot and didn't look up the song list first and it has to be the worst track list of any guitar hero I have ever played. I just can't bear to play through the campaign anymore. All of the good songs are on the streaming channel, and I have to spend tokens to play them. Both the Satriani songs, Hangar 18, Lamb of God, Jerry was a Racecar Driver, all locked to that mode. Extremely disappointed.

At least the guitar seems like a step forward, despite being me being a doubter at first.

I guess if you missed the live channels and just played songs

Or maybe 3 tokens per day if you're empty isn't enough?

We’ve got three brand new GHTV shows available for you. One of them is themed around St. Patrick’s Day and the other two have a distinctly Austin flavour (presumably for SXSW, and not for the upcoming 3/16). Check out what’s coming below:

St. Patrick’s Day Party

Flogging Molly – Drunken Lullabies
Two Door Cinema Club – What You Know
Ash – Burn Baby Burn

Austin Rocks!

The Gills – Rubberband
Worriers – Most Space
Lyger – Stroke

Best of Austin

Puppy – The Great Beyond
Dilly Dally – Purple Rage
The Family Rain – What Are You Afraid Of?

In addition, we’ve got a bunch of songs being added to the on-demand catalogue.

Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer
Chevelle – Send the Pain Below
Deap Vally – Gonna Make My Own Money
Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me
Halestorm – Apocalyptic
Incubus – Megalomaniac
KISS – Crazy Crazy Nights
Marilyn Manson – mOBSCENE
St. Vincent – Birth in Reverse

Could've done a little better picking the best of Irish music, to be honest. Flogging Molly is obviously wonderful but the others are a bit eh.

Rock vs. Hip Hop

Kid Cudi ft. Kanye West – Erase Me
Liam Bailey ft. A$AP Ferg – Villain
Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne – Let It Rock

Punk Rock Connection

The Gaslight Anthem – The ’59 Sound
Four Year Strong – Go Down in History
Anti-Flag ft. Tim Armstrong – Brandenburg Gate

You what. Nice to see some Anti-Flag though, despite it not being one I'd pick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock vs. Hip Hop

Kid Cudi ft. Kanye West – Erase Me
Liam Bailey ft. A$AP Ferg – Villain
Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne – Let It Rock

Punk Rock Connection

The Gaslight Anthem – The ’59 Sound
Four Year Strong – Go Down in History
Anti-Flag ft. Tim Armstrong – Brandenburg Gate

You what. Nice to see some Anti-Flag though, despite it not being one I'd pick.
Huh. Anti-Flag.

Having grown up in the early 80s I can appreciate that dose of hair metal tracks a few weeks ago or whatever it was. Those were some VIDEOS.

Lebneney

Banned
Rivals mode is fun, but it is not fair in terms of matchmaking. I was playing on advanced and got around an 89%, while the person I had as a rival was playing on beginner and got a perfect, but I still won. It's really unfortunate.

sneaky77

Rivals mode is fun, but it is not fair in terms of matchmaking. I was playing on advanced and got around an 89%, while the person I had as a rival was playing on beginner and got a perfect, but I still won. It's really unfortunate.

That makes sense.. you hit more notes total I am sure because of the difference in the charts

Yeah this game has always been unfair competitively speaking, since day one, for that exact reason. Once you bring power ups into it it can be even more skewed.

Blacklisted (3/29-4/5)
Goodbye Agony - Black Veil Brides
Walking Dead Man - Black Tide
Me and Mary Jane - Black Stone Cherry

Requirements:
Tighten Up - The Black Keys
Black Me Out - Against Me!
Heart and Soul - Huey Lewis and the News
Reward: Booster pack

Back to the 90's (3/29-4/12)
Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
Low - Cracker
Sleep Now in the Fire - Rage Against the Machine

Requirements:
Rollin' and Tumblin' - The Gaslight Anthem
Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Reward: Booster pack

Pop Punk 2002

Sum 41 – Still Waiting
Good Charlotte – Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
American Hi-Fi – Flavor of the Week

Everybody Wants The Struts

The Struts – Could Have Been Me
The Struts – Put Your Money on Me
The Struts – Kiss This

The Struts is awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, pop punk 2002? My least favorite time for that, my most hated genre. Gonna grit my teeth and get to em.

Desert Rising

BØRNS – Electric Love
Of Monsters and Men – Empire
Rancid – Ruby Soho

Face Melting Metal 2

August Burns Red – Identity
Bullet for My Valentine – Raising Hell
Arch Enemy – War Eternal

Disappointing Of Monsters and Men pick. Dirty Paws would've been a lot more fun.

Brit Icons: Manic Street Preachers

Manic Street Preachers – Motorcycle Emptiness
Manic Street Preachers – You Stole the Sun from My Heart
Manic Street Preachers ft. Nina Persson – Your Love Alone is Not Enough

In addition, the Festival Headliners and The New Cool shows are currently available, so if you still want to play those you’re in luck.

The following songs are now available on-demand:

Arch Enemy – War Eternal
August Burns Red – Identity
Bullet for My Valentine – Raising Hell

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm just wondering, how has the support been for the game? I started thinking about this again when Harmonix did their non-announcement. I would have liked to see more fake concerts, but I'm assuming it's basically a skeleton crew maintaining the live portion of the game at this point.

Smidget

Just bought this for $31 at Amazon. Anyone know how the service is doing? The GHTV stuff seems like a lot of fun and great way to have a ton of variety so hopefully those servers stay up for a while...

Just bought this for $31 at Amazon. Anyone know how the service is doing? The GHTV stuff seems like a lot of fun and great way to have a ton of variety so hopefully those servers stay up for a while...

I got this for Xbox one at the weekend. There's a lot of content but not a lot of known songs.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Serious question:

Why am I so bad at this game? I used to love Guitar Hero, specifically GH3 I played a ton (I know I could do Through the Fire and Flames on either the second highest or highest difficulty). This was 2007 or so. I am 32 now -- is it because I'm older? It seems like no matter how much I play, I can't play well enough on anything above regular difficulty to get into it -- doesn't give me the same feeling when I'm slowly plucking through a few notes on regular.

Here are a few of my hypotheses:

-Too old, lost reflexes/ability to learn something new
-Muscle memory is already locked in for the old 4-button combo, can't shake it
-No longer playing on CRT TV (my TV is decent with 35ms input lag/all post processing turned off/game mode turned on to be sure I'm at 35ms)
-Perhaps GH Live just isn't as fun as the old games, so motivation isn't high enough to learn

It's basically just a new skill, kinda like asking why you can't play FIFA when you're so good at Call of Duty, or something.

You've just gotta practice and the muscle memory will come to you, at least enough to enjoy the game. It's way better than the 5-button guitar games when it clicks, like way better.

ty_hot

Mediamaekt has it for 20€ for PS4, with guitar. Should I get it? Is GHTV still running? Until when? I had GH3 and RB Beatles on PS3 and enjoyed them a lot.

Top Bottom