• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUYS! GUYS! SSI is being reborn as TSI, looking to make new Gold Box Games!

I loved the Gold Box games when I was younger. I just hope this doesn't end up as some crappy mobile game trying to cash in on nostalgia.

The old Gold Box games must be a licensing nightmare. I'll more than happily take new games in that direction if they can't bring the originals to us though.

If I could get a new Warlords game, I would die happy.
Warlords was Steve Fawkner's Infinite Interactive and SSG, it wasn't an SSI game.

Put the old games on GoG (Or indeed supply them yourselves), then we'll talk

THIS. I would buy them all in a heartbeat. Easily my most-wanted GOG releases but I think they are in ownership hell. I'd also like the non Gold Box games like Dragonstrike and Hillsfar.

As for new titles, I'd really like to revisit Krynn in a new Dragonlance game.

riceandpea

Neo Member
I just hope their first game lives up to the hype. Like when Black Isle was revived or Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 was announced... I'm not sure I can survive much more nostalgia destruction.

m@cross

I doubt Hasbro will allow them to do the Gold box games...

Maybe a sequel to Buck Rogers - Countdown to Doomsday?

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I played (well, really, play) the SHIT outta gold box. I would definitely buy working versions of the old games, and if they can get new games going with the same spirit and feel I am all over it. Agreeing that 4e would have been perfect for new turn-based games like the old gold box, but nothing says they HAVE to move to 5e.

Tain

Way back when (maybe 1995 or so) my uncle gave me a complete Mac copy of Secret of the Silver Blades. I was too young to really want to put time into making sense of it, but these seem like something I should check out today.

probably not the black & white mac versions though, lol

tebunker

Banned
Sign me up as long as it isn't some mobile market destruction of my youth.

I would kill for then to get license access to remake or republish a bunch of old stuff too.

I would also kill for Ravenloft remakes too

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I received the original DOS Pools of Radiance for my 8th grade graduation, unfortunately this was a few years after its release and compared to the console RPGs of the mid 90's that were my bread-and-butter, the game came across as really antiquated (like, a month after I played this, Chrono Trigger was released). Plus I wasn't used to the super nonlinearity of the early western RPGs. It did have a cool battle system, I remember that being my favorite part of the game... I think nowadays with more context I might like it better, but it's great you oldskool CRPG fans are getting the games you crave.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
tactical-simulations-interactive-logo.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
36 hours until whatever this is gets announced.

I'm probably going to be in bed when it happens, bleh.

Cosmozone

Oh, cool! I'm currently playing Pools of Darkness. Would've thought I'll finish this chapter of my gaming career after this and DQK, but now perhaps not. :-D

Shingro

Yes. All of my Yes and Money and Everything. I have more carry over characters in this then even quest for glory saves.

The original "carry your people to the next game" =)

Also: don't mess this up please D:

Herne

I spent so much time with Champions of Krynn on my C64... The old SSI AD&D games were awesome. Exciting stuff!

BlackRock

Indeed awesome news. I'd love to see an update of the Gold Box formula with modern technology. Seamless battle and conversation systems with world exploration. I'd be willing to scrap the 3D exploration viewpoint for a third person Baldur's Gate/Pillars of Eternity overhead POV. Would prefer to keep turn-based combat, but real-time with pause is cool if done correctly. Very exciting. D&D license is essential. Hope they can get Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance too!

Radogol

Can't wait for another countdown to begin in 15 fucking days. Between this and King's Quest not being shown at Gamescom I have a severe case of blue balls lately.

Top Bottom