• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUYS! GUYS! SSI is being reborn as TSI, looking to make new Gold Box Games!

BioBooster

Neo Member
OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY

This:
14876931952_f4dde45fda_o.gif

and these:
14874840634_b0eaac7f01_o.jpg

Sum up some very important years in my early childhood.

Funny-gifs-way-too-excited.gif

autoduelist

There are many amazing SSI games, but i have a special place in my heart for some of the lesser known ones:

Six Gun Shootout -- i would make use of the character editor to go through and convert the game into an 'rpg' where my self-made character would go through every mission and 'level up' based on his kill count. I'd just take an existing character, change his name and stats, etc. iirc they even suggested doing this in the manual. I played through the missions so many times I can still picture some of the maps decades later. Few games captured that sense of tactical bliss like this game did, busting through a door, dropping to a knee, and letting loose with a sawed-off shotgun in western turn based goodness. I remember even playing this w/o a numberpad for a long time, meaning i had to memorize the positional relevance of the number keys to move. So good. Getting to replay classic western scenes in history and film as a kid? Priceless.

Roadwar 2000 / Roadware Europa -- going through the wastelands acquiring a small army of soldiers to man your convoy of vehicles. Nothing like finding a huge truck and filling it with gunners.

The Shard of Spring / Gemstone Warrior -- 'lesser' rpgs in some ways, but I still remember both vividly.

Galactic Gladiators, Eye of the Beholder, Gemstone Warrior, etc all deserve honorable mentions.

SSI, you've been missed.

hemtae

Well the kickstarter was supposed to go up about an hour and a half ago but they seem to have run into some issues

Resolving an issue with the "Pending -> Launch" with Kickstarter support. Always something... but we should have an update shortly.

Hoping @Burning_Luke @kickstarter can get our situation resolve shortly and we can announce when Seven Dragon Saga is live on KS...

Apdiddy

Oh my God, that's my childhood right there. Although the games were a little too tough for me, I have vivid memories of my dad playing and I helping him by telling him where to go next and him cursing his breath after boss encounters.

As soon as it's out, I'm THERE.

Top Bottom