• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

blamite

Second one looks yucky. Vault and sliding is alright, I guess, but whenever I see jet flares coming out the back of a Spartan I cringe. Just stop, 343.

Eh, at least they're actually using the giant thrusters built into the back of the armor this time. Gameplay wise I'm not expecting anything great from it but...

willow ve

Vault:

ibfgI8YD3riFev.gif

Smash (Jetpack?):

ibvYbKsoozc0ec.gif

I know these are prelim CGI renderings... but has anyone wanted Vault/Cover or this smash jetpack thing in Halo? I just don't understand the philosphy of "Hey, we know you guys love Halo 2 - so we're giving you exactly what it's always been. Also, our new game is gonna be so so different than that, check this out!"

They know what we want, they give us what we want, then they turn around and do this? (Of course these could be playlist specific abilities like Grifball, etc.

wwm0nkey

I know these are prelim CGI renderings... but has anyone wanted Vault/Cover or this smash jetpack thing in Halo? I just don't understand the philosphy of "Hey, we know you guys love Halo 2 - so we're giving you exactly what it's always been. Also, our new game is gonna be so so different than that, check this out!"

They know what we want, they give us what we want, then they turn around and do this?

Dashing and power slam as defaults or map pick ups might be kinda cool actually

If they're abilities everyone starts off with and has – and is passive that requires skill to pull off – I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with the slide and ground smash.

They're going out of their way to clarify that the spartan abilities are NOT the same as armor abilities, which makes me think that they're going to ditch those in favor of these "special moves", which could be interesting if everyone has the ability to preform those moves

They're going out of their way to clarify that the spartan abilities are NOT the same as armor abilities, which makes me think that they're going to ditch those in favor of these "special moves", which could be interesting if everyone has the ability to preform those moves

It seems like it's the slide that BF and COD have. I doubt we will get good Halo again. I'll just accept it.

Madness

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66150366&postcount=219

Almost one year ago I wondered if they'd give us a Halo Trilogy release before Halo 5 came out. That it could be 1080p, 60 fps, dedicated servers, all on a single disc, allow us to play all the campaigns, possibly multiplayer.

They've done it even better than I thought by giving Halo 4 as well. I actually passed out and missed it all, so I'm just catching up. But the fact we get all the multiplayers, in their original state, with dedicated servers, better frame rates and resolutions is HUGE. Even for Halo 4

Also, that Halo 5 trailer, just hearing Keith David voice is huge. Not to mention the monks, and somewhat classic Halo music. If 343 is able to do this for the classic games, I'm pretty sure they know what to do for Halo 5. So I am hopeful. Halo 5 beta this year too, almost a month.

Still checking every website out, trying to catch up. Great job guys (343).

What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc. I politely brought up with 343 Franchise Director Frank O’Connor, and he didn’t shy away when presented with his own previous comments. “It was [a] peer-to-peer [networking setup],” he said of the previous games. “[Master Chief Collection’s] dedicated servers fix that,” leaving 343 comfortable with replicating the offline System Link experience in an online environment. This is what many players wanted in the 2011 Anniversary game, and we’re finally getting it.

BigShow36 pls respond

is there any real response on the truth of that so far?
the topic went overboard in the last hours!

id so much by an Xbox One for that!

BigShow36

What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc. I politely brought up with 343 Franchise Director Frank O’Connor, and he didn’t shy away when presented with his own previous comments. “It was [a] peer-to-peer [networking setup],” he said of the previous games. “[Master Chief Collection’s] dedicated servers fix that,” leaving 343 comfortable with replicating the offline System Link experience in an online environment. This is what many players wanted in the 2011 Anniversary game, and we’re finally getting it.

BigShow36 pls respond

My only response is that my pants feel like they're shrinking.

Every response and indication I've seen so far is that it does indeed appear that Halo CE will be playable online, on dedicated servers, in it's original form for the first time ever. Of course, the Halo community has been subjected to misinformation before, so until I actually have real confirmation that it is indeed true Halo CE MP (not some knockoff that "replicates" the MP), I'll refrain from completely going overboard.

TheOddOne

BigShow36 pls respond
FQGzI9h.gif

Computron

My only response is that my pants feel like they're shrinking.

Every response and indication I've seen so far is that it does indeed appear that Halo CE will be playable online, on dedicated servers, in it's original form for the first time ever. Of course, the Halo community has been subjected to misinformation before, so until I actually have real confirmation that it is indeed true Halo CE MP (not some knockoff that "replicates" the MP), I'll refrain from completely going overboard.

It looks to me like your corvette is back.

that's why I'm like

please please find old glitches

Ha, I automatically read that in Timmin's voice.

Madness

How will this impact Halo 3 as well? 1080p, 60fps, dedicated servers. Is there anyway FoV could have been better?

I think the bulk of the population will be H2/H3. CE has too high a skill gap for most fans, as well as "older" graphics for a lot of people. I'd still play the hell out of it, but I can just see everyone either doing H2 especially updated playlist or Halo 3.

BigShow36

It looks to me like your corvette is back.

That's an impressive memory on that analogy.

My corvette is back and now it's street legal.

My guess on population distribution is something around these numbers:
Halo CE - 10%
Halo 2 - 30%
Halo 3 - 40%
Halo Reach - 10%
Halo 4 - 10%

jem0208

I think the trailer is indicating thrusters might be default.

The ground pound could be when the press crouch in the air you thrust towards the ground dealing damage.

Default thrusters would be great. Add a lot to the movement system whilst still being skillful.

Welfare

Will we ever get updated sales figures for Halo 3 and 4? Thought the announcement of the bundle would have been a good time to quickly go over that. Or maybe we could get them in a Bulletin?

Hmmm Nathan Fillion doesn't necessarily mean Buck. He's done voice work for a few characters in Halo I think. I'll only believe it if I hear "Bam said the lady". ;)

I think the trailer is indicating thrusters might be default.

The ground pound could be when the press crouch in the air you thrust towards the ground dealing damage.

Default thrusters would be great. Add a lot to the movement system whilst still being skillful.
I want to say yes.

somthing like default:
TP - Smash is offensive
TP - Dash is defensive

executing it can also leave you vulnerable being unable to shoot during the animation.

I hope we have the ability to play the games with original assets, sound effects, and music (with all the settings maxed, as if it were a PC game). I dislike the new graphics. They're pretty; but their style is inconsistent with the original vision in jarring ways (mind you, I'm no student of art, it's just my impression as a layman).

I hope we have the ability to play the games with original assets, sound effects, and music (with all the settings maxed, as if it were a PC game). I dislike the new graphics. They're pretty; but their style is inconsistent with the original vision in jarring ways (mind you, I'm no student of art, it's just my impression as a layman).

I don't care for Original Vision as much as I care for consistency. Bungie art is inconsistent anyway. Halo 2 Mombasa and ODST Mombasa are light years apart. At least with the CE:A overhaul forerunner shit looks like it does in Halo 4. If Halo 2 forerunner tech and Halo 2 Mombasa match the look of later titles then I'll be happy. Halo 3 will be the only real stand out game then. 2017 remaster believe.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, we'll all be searching in matchmaking, and then be presented with options from the different games? Okay, now I'm hugely disappointed Reach was left out. ODST and Reach were the last Halo games that Bungie made, and in many ways, were the best in certain aspects. Firefight in ODST is fucking outstanding. Feedback, utillity weapons, and netplay in Reach is stellar. God, I want to play 1080p Reach.

As an aside, I like how they're going out of their way to state that Halo 5 will have "arena" multiplayer rather than just competitive, as Arena is much more specific and follows a set of rules that other games like CoD and Battlefield don't.

What if the Arby in the trailer is actually Jul M'dama dressed up as the Arbiter in armor but he's using a voice over tech. to impersonate himself as Thel (Arby)? hmmm...

Probably not. the whole "Search" for him and all that speech makes me want to believe ONI or Jul is planning on hunting him down and using Agent Locke as their pawn piece.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, we'll all be searching in matchmaking, and then be presented with options from the different games? Okay, now I'm hugely disappointed Reach was left out.

Essentially, Bravo has said that individual games will allow playlist searching too.

Reach missing, from a gameplay standpoint is sad. I understand why it's not in a MASTER CHIEF collection but still. Reach has some solid gameplay.

Top Bottom