• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer

Mesonak

There are no armor abilities, that wording refers to new all up game features. If it were Halo 2, that would mean boarding or dual wielding.

That's a pretty big bomb you just dropped if that's actually the case.

Unless you meant "There are no armor abilities... in that trailer."

klodeckel

Banned
Wish it was actually gameplay, who shows a CG trailer for multiplayer?

I think it was a problematic situation. They can't show off Halo 2 reworked multiplayer in-game and a few minutes later Halo 5 in-game ... That would not only confuse some people, but it would also probably make look the remade H2MP very old again. In a matter of minutes.

I expect we will get to see the H5 multiplayer around the launch of Halo: TMCC - maybe even around Gamescom.

ryan299

GAME is saying under the product description for the MC collection that the Halo 5 beta is December 27 to January 22. Take it with a grain of salt.

Im a Halo fan since day, played all Halo mp countless of hours and i want sprinting, tactical package and armour abilities. What are you talking about the fans?

Because most people just want Halo 3 with better graphics

It's tragic but now people can finally stop complaining and go play those older games they love so much!

Mindwipe

Sigh. None of the Spartan designs so far look very good. Not at all.

Though (apart from the helmets) I don't hate the ones in this trailer quite as much as Locke's terribad design.

Izayoi

Banned
Spartan Abilities = Class system, of sorts???

Pretty lame we didn't get to see any gameplay... Bungie wasn't afraid to show Alpha assets, it's kind of annoying how reserved 343 is about it.

Lol you wish it were just gaf that hates Halo 4.

I truly do not care who hates Halo 4. I was talking about Gaf not anyone else.

I enjoyed it (minus the new enemies) but my opinion of Halo 4 has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Halo 5 and I have already preordered the Halo Master Chief Collection as well.

Ken

I enjoyed it (minus the new enemies) but my opinion of Halo 4 has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

I never asked for your opinion of Halo 4 but what you believe constitutes the Halo game that you've seemingly waited for for an indefinite amount of time. "A sequel to Halo 4" is awfully vague.

Blueblur1

I'm still not a fan of the Spartan IVs and the designs 343 has created for them. Too many of the helmets and armor, including what was in this trailer, look like it came from another franchise and/or fanart from Deviantart. I really want to know what is they're obsession with over designing Spartan IVs and why they keep making new designs. There's already so many awful ones in Halo 4.

jelly

I'm still not a fan of the Spartan IVs and the designs 343 has created for them. Too many of the helmets and armor, including what was in this trailer, look like it came from another franchise and/or fanart from Deviantart. I really want to know what is they're obsession with over designing Spartan IVs and why they keep making new designs. There's already so many awful ones in Halo 4.

I don't like their art direction either. It also comes across as Halo Sports. Their interpretation of Forerunner architecture is also pretty bad, everything must be shiny, float, and have JJ Abrams lighting. Star Wars prequel, it's so dense also known as shite.

Jito

Banned

Yeh I don't really like the sports / tv show angle they're trying to go for with Halo 4 and 5 multiplayer. I thought the addition of all the lore and story for multiplayer in 4 was unnecessary as well.

So i'm guessing sliding and ground pounds are going to become the norm along with vehicle boarding and dual welding (if that returns) I can deal with that a lot better then armor abilities, some were good but other abilities really didn't work well with halo gameplay IMO.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So i'm guessing sliding and ground pounds are going to become the norm along with vehicle boarding and dual welding (if that returns) I can deal with that a lot better then armor abilities, some were good but other abilities really didn't work well with halo gameplay IMO.

I think the common belief between most original Halo fans is that all Armor abilities broke the normal Halo game play. It doesn't matter what ability it was, it broke the game. I know I would love Halo 3 if you got rid of the Bubble shield and all that crap and just had good maps and equal ground and let the skill reign.

Smokey

Where's the confirmation of bringing the ranking system back tho

This should've been the first thing mentioned. If they did this trailer with some kind of overlay hinting at the ranking system coming back, the game wouldve litterally won GOTS in 2014 and 2015.

Jito

Banned
I think the common belief between most original Halo fans is that all Armor abilities broke the normal Halo game play. It doesn't matter what ability it was, it broke the game. I know I would love Halo 3 if you got rid of the Bubble shield and all that crap and just had good maps and equal ground and let the skill reign.

It wasn't that they broke the game in my opinion (maybe armour lock), it's just the added abilities were diluting what people wanted from Halo, just plain old FPS gameplay with some great vehicle combat. Armour abilities, perks, weapon drops, loadouts all add to many variables in combat. I could deal with the jetpack in Reach as that just added some verticality to fights but everything else added over the years has been pointless.

Hopefully we don't see a return of sprinting though if sliding and ground pounding is coming to the new one (also I saw a spartan shoulder barge / tackle another spartan in there or do we think that's just thrust pack from 4?)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Where's the confirmation of bringing the ranking system back tho

This should've been the first thing mentioned. If they did this trailer with some kind of overlay hinting at the ranking system coming back, the game wouldve litterally won GOTS in 2014 and 2015.

There will be a ranking system but you're crazy if you think e3 is the place to LEAD with that. Regular Joes would be like ... wat

Smokey

There will be a ranking system but you're crazy if you think e3 is the place to LEAD with that. Regular Joes would be like ... wat

Don't play with my heart ;_;

I was messing around with leading in with it. I've brought this up in every Halo thread. I'm just saying that it wouldve most likely caused me, and the rest of Halo Nation, to do a double faint (after the first from Chief Collection)

I honestly dont mind them changing the MP significantly. The MC collection will last me a long long time if its as good as it sounds.

If they do change things up then I hope they do something significant and commit to it. Make something of their own rather than try to do half CoD and half Halo like they did with Halo 4.

so are arena settings uniform across the board? or is it like halo reach where there was the "competitive" arena play list?
I hope the competitive settings are across I the board. Nothing is more confusing than having only one mode be the competitive mode which is way different from the modes that literally everyone else is playing.

Top Bottom