• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Req System Introduction (Text & Video Guide)

Christof

Neo Member
is 343 considering expanding to other new categories of cards in the future?

For one potential example, I think the cosmetic cards for different end match poses/celebrations would be awesome (maybe non-permanent cards would be best).

is 343 considering expanding to other new categories of cards in the future?

For one potential example, I think the cosmetic cards for different end match poses/celebrations would be awesome (maybe non-permanent cards would be best).

I'd hope they implement new catagories.

Like you mentioned about poses/celebrations.

Maybe even HUD Display to mimic any of Blue or Osiris team.;) since they all are different when you play them in campaign.

Would be cool to see a version of EVA. all open and round with the emblem transparent. It would be cool i think.

4181105266_6de03c73a9.jpg

Damn i love that helmet the more i look at it.

Pez

I hope each weapon has "legendary" models.

A few that come to mind:

-Halo 1 pistol model
-Halo reach AR model
-classic shotgun model
-classic BR model

Probably a pipedream and a bit much, but unique reload animations could be cool.

I've never triggered an Assassination when I didn't want one, and I played plenty of Reach. Was that some kind of glitch I just missed? Or was that by design?
I think so. You had to HOLD melee to assassinate. Just tapping it would be the usual quick bonk to the spine KO.

Pez

Forge is very much alive.

I just hope the 60fps cap won't limit it. Forge needs a dramatic makeover, I feel. =(

Would be cool if you introduce forge 1.0 at launch and then release a version 2.0 a year later that has taken community feedback. Forge 2.0 and a pool of great community maps would be a nice news item!

Kind of like what Bungie has done with Destiny.

Falchion

It looks like a more sophisticated version of Titanfall's Burn Cards which is 100% fine with me. The more I hear about the multiplayer, the more I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thank goodness I can turn off assassinations!

Also, give me heightmap editing in Forge Stinkles. Far Cary has had it ever since the original Xbox!

This game is getting me unfathomably hyped. Everything I see about it makes me more and more excited. I'm glad that I'm excited for Halo once again. 4 was okay if you weren't playing multiplayer, but Halo 5 is shaping up to look a lot stronger in every way.

That was a hilarious video, but very informative nonetheless. Love the idea of collect armor cards.

Now my Steam Card habit will have a companion ...

jelly

Neat video. Not completely sold on the power weapons purchase in Warzone but it may work out and keep the action intense plus free maps.

You should have 'the real sweeper' which is just Frankie sweeping from his TV appearance.

I really like the REQ system. Prefer it to having items locked behind rank.

Ya me too, i remember in Reach it took god damn forever just to get to that rank where items would show up, but then when you got there you still couldnt buy anything, it would just show up in your menu as locked. What a bonehead system that was.

Its fine as long as this is only in Warzone. Worst case scenario, you can ignore one single gametype. The second the P2W stuff leaks into BTB or other non arena gametypes is when you have a problem.

It's weird seeing some still nitpick about the idea round the system, when it doesn't impact the competitive side of the MP at all nor do you have to pay money at all. It's not like TF were I can literally spawn a Titan instantly when a match starts...Anyways I love the humor of the video, and the emphasis on the concern troll Spartan with questions that have already been answered a multitude of times lol.

The Flash

Banned
What makes you think it's dead? They said they will talk about it Soon™.

There's no way Forge is dead, they said they'll be announcing more details about it in the coming weeks

Forge is very much alive.

It's dead to me!
/s

They only said we couldn't Forge for Warzone, and I'm assuming it's because of the scripted AI, and ridiculously large levels that NEED req stations and bases in a certain area, whilst maintaining 60fps.

But we played on forged maps in the beta. It exists and they've said they'll talk about it closer to launch. Who knows, maybe with the insistence of making the game 60fps and dedicated servers all the time, they had to switch up how they approached Forge?

I was just hoping that the reason we haven't seen anything in regards to Forge was because they were going to do a big reveal where they'd tell us that we could make our own Firefight maps. That's all I really want. Firefight. #gonetoosoon

Monocle

I was just hoping that the reason we haven't seen anything in regards to Forge was because they were going to do a big reveal where they'd tell us that we could make our own Firefight maps. That's all I really want. Firefight. #gonetoosoon
Firefight needs to come back. I was so disappointed when it was dropped. It's a great way to give campaign players access to the essence of Halo's gameplay. It should be a standard feature in all entries going forward.

Firefight needs to come back. I was so disappointed when it was dropped. It's a great way to give campaign players access to the essence of Halo's gameplay. It should be a standard feature in all entries going forward.

Then evolve it to where it is similar to.zombies mode in cod. Plus flood/covie/forerunner are better enemies than zombies.

Edit: no more spartan ops. Thnx and pplz 343i. Well maybe the cinematics but no to the rest.

Monocle

Then evolve it to where it is similar to.zombies mode in cod. Plus flood/covie/forerunner are better enemies than zombies.

Edit: no more spartan ops. Thnx and pplz 343i. Well maybe the cinematics but no to the rest.
Yes! Spartan Ops was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

Really though, give me a highly customizable Firefight mode any day. It's such a great fit for a shooter like Halo. Let us pick our enemy types and stage encounters in some of the battlegrounds from the campaign. Not the kind of cookie cutter areas found in ODST, but big sections of territory like the snowy canyon in Assault on the Control Room, or the bridge in Metropolis. Smaller indoor areas too.

jbug617

Banned
More info on Req Packs
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...guardians-building-your-req-collection-part-1

weapon_oathsworn_mythic-423bf000d1634e90906c4bc97a2fa03d.png

SPARTAN-II’s are drilled to be clinical, efficient, and detached from the chaos of battle. Weapons are simply tools to be used and discarded as the tactical and logistical equation changes, without any sentimentality or emotion. Spartans are expected to use their extensive experience and the resources available to them through NAVSPECWARCOM to personalize their weapons only enough to maximize lethality and ergonomics, with no wasted time or materials.

At least for the first few years of the Covenant War this attitude prevailed, but it was not long before Spartans began to pay more personal attention to their wargear, making small, unapproved modifications and adding charms that reflected the idiosyncrasies of their personality and mementos dedicated to dead comrades and burning worlds. Subtle at first, these were the first signs that the horrors of the Covenant War were eroding the supposedly unbreakable indoctrination that had forged the SPARTAN-II candidates into super-soldiers who strode the battlefields of the 26th century like war-born demigods.

Oathsworn is one example of these personalized implements of death and destruction. The current Oathsworn was not the first, nor will it be the last. Many Oathsworn’s have been abandoned on various battlefields over the years, only to be rebuilt for another battle – another mission. Each one is subtly different, though the markings have remained the same for years. The words whispered while it is carefully rebuilt and tuned change each time, but not the intent.

In-game description:

Memories of loss and dreams of vengeance, sealed in steel and composites. Mythic Shotgun with increased damage, accuracy, and rate of fire. The user's movement speed is also increased while Oathsworn is equipped.
Sneak Peek of some Req cards

Gif of the the assassination
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/649321246128128001

Top Bottom