• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Req System Introduction (Text & Video Guide)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-req-system-introduction

VIDEO GUIDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_tD5y6k6s

Going to start this off with this right at the top:
Arena MP Mode (Classic Halo MP) - Aesthetic Items ONLY
Warzone MP Mode (Big mode with AI) - All Items

req-banner-548555cfe3c245cba163f7a931a400f1.jpg

Requisition (REQ): A REQ is an unlockable item that comes in the form of weapons and armors, skins, assassination animations, and more.

REQ Points: Players will earn REQ Points after each match in Arena or Warzone matchmaking, which can then be redeedmed for REQ Packs containing a variety of Requisition Cards (REQ Cards) in the form of unlockable weapons, armors, vehicles, and more.

REQ Cards: Varying in type and rarity, REQ Cards offer a massive variety of items including single use items and permanent items. We’ll take a look at a few cards today.

REQ Packs: REQ Packs contain REQ Cards, and come in multiple varieties – more on that later. Each pack contains a wide array of items. REQ Packs can be purchased with REQ Points earned for free in-game, or with real-world money. A portion of each REQ Pack purchased with real-world money will directly contribute to the Halo World Championship prize pool. As a reminder, while players will earn REQ Packs across both Arena and Warzone, only cosmetic items can be used in Arena Multiplayer.

REQ Store: Players can easily access the REQ Store from the Spartan Hub, which will allow them to acquire REQ Packs. It’s worth noting that aside from a few select exclusive items, everything in REQ System can be acquired through the regular course of play by earning REQ Points and redeeming them for REQ Packs.

REQ Collection: The REQ Collection allows players to view the full suite of available REQ Cards. By filtering through the list, players can see not only the REQs they own, but also examine those they’ve yet to unlock. Additionally, players may manage their collection by selling individual single use REQs back into the system for REQ Points they can then use to unlock additional REQ Packs.

Permanent: Some REQ Cards are permanent and can be used once they have been collected by players. In the above example, we see Helljumper, an updated version of the battle-proven Mjolnir ODST helmet – a cosmetic item - which can be used at any time in Warzone or Arena once unlocked.

PERMANENT - WARZONE ONLY

PERMANENT - WARZONE AND ARENA (Cosmetic only)

SPARTAN RANK

And so on. MUCH more at the links.

Akai__

It's cool to see that they are also giving us alternative looking vehicles:

I like the look of this Scorpion:

urban-scorpion-12b4316de3244fbcaa305b729a94b0c1.png

I love how over the top they're getting with assassinations. Sweep the Leg? Backbreaker? Yes, pls. Just wish they had customization match win/loss animations so I could get my Brodown back.

Maybe after launch? Stinkles, pls.

RowdyReverb

I want that back breaker assassination animation

I love how over the top they're getting with assassinations. Sweep the Leg? Backbreaker? Yes, pls. Just wish they had customization match win/loss animations so I could get my Brodown back.

I'd love to see some really ridiculous ones. Like a vaporization or uppercut or something.

Sou Da

Aren't those what the stances are?

Looks okay, I guess. It's something new, but for me it's not neccesarily exciting. At least they're keeping it out of regular Arena.

As much as I love Nick Offerman, I was hoping Mister Chief would be voiced by Frankie.

singhr1

Certifications are interesting.

More likely to get related REQs after getting a certain certification of weapons? Hm. Maybe that would help increase chances for a mythic weapon after getting cert. for its base version.

Blueblur1

Nick Offerman is awesome and I'm really liking some of the items shown so far. I'll probably try Warzone solely due to the Req card system. I can't say no to shooting dudes in the dome with Linda's sniper rifle.

Seeing as how my Halo skills have deteriorated since my undergraduate years I will probably be spending a ton of time in Warzone. This system looks awesome.

This remind me a lot the system in Mass Effect 3 MP which I loved it so I am really excited about that and... It's loot in Halo!! This will be very addictive for me.

Great to get clarification on the system with an informative and funny video I really enjoyed they answered some important questions. Hopefully we'll get more details as we get closer to launch!

"Reflex Enhancers"

Here we go again with perks in Halo. Oh well, with 24 players on the map it's not like one individual encounter is going to matter.

"Reflex Enhancers"

Here we go again with perks in Halo. Oh well, with 24 players on the map it's not like one individual encounter is going to matter.

Pretty much my thoughts. Not fond of passive bonuses in my Halo, but coupling to REQ means that it's a) stuck in Warzone, which like you said is 24 players + a ton of AI, and b) requires you to spend energy, so it's still not as bad as perks.

leeh

Such a cool way to allow free maps. Can't wait to put so many hours into this online. Faith in 343, I feel like they've got into their stride with this.

VinFTW

"Reflex Enhancers"

To be fair you need energy to use these, so you don't get them THAT often, and even when you use them you can just get sniped off spawn and its gone until you gain all that energy back.

Its a rather balanced system.

RoKKeR

This video is... shockingly good. And I feel a lot better about all of this now.

Besides, if this means we get free maps I am all in.

Top Bottom