• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE 6.29 - 7.5

Doubt i'll be able to play much tonight after it's done downloading. Was hoping it'd be released this morning when I had enough time. Wonder what happened that pushed it back so late.

Theorry

At this time they probaby needed to extend it also for a day. But weird why its so difficult to put up. Its the 30th in alot of countries already and then you still need to download it, taking quite some time also.

At this time they probaby needed to extend it also for a day. But weird why its so difficult to put up. Its the 30th in alot of countries already and then you still need to download it, taking quite some time also.

Yep. I have a feeling it's going to be slow as shit too.

Big Brett

They need to learn better rhetoric than to say "a little after 2" it's both broad enough to not know when the fuck to expect it, and specific enough to be waiting on the console for it. I'm tryin to get it downloaded before I head out for the night. Sure it's free but I dunno. I don't think 40 past 2 is a little after 2

They need to learn better rhetoric than to say "a little after 2" it's both broad enough to not know when the fuck to expect it, and specific enough to be waiting on the console for it. I'm tryin to get it downloaded before I head out for the night. Sure it's free but I dunno. I don't think 40 past 2 is a little after 2

You'd think the head of marketing would know better. I think I'm OCD or something; this is driving me insane.

Big Brett

You'd think the head of marketing would know better. I think I'm OCD or something; this is driving me insane.

I dunno maybe it's a little paranoid but I can't help but feel it's a ploy to get those sales numbers up, taking advantage of the impatient people. Hell I've almost already bought it just to get it downloaded for tonight.

meanspartan

Haven't played Halo 5 yet so I'll be jumping in during this. How long is the campaign?

You're asking the wrong question, you should be asking "how good is the campaign?"

It's not. It's fun enough gameplay I guess, but the revive mechanic on harder difficulties is more annoying than fun, and the story is absolute dogshit trash. No spoilers, but let's just say they took it in a more big and stupid direction than the smaller personal story they were marketing it as (and I was hoping for).

Game is still a 9 out of 10 for me though, because the Multiplayer very well might be the best in the series, or at worst second only to Halo 2. Play that!

Oh, wow. Looks like I didn't need to download anything since I used to own a physical copy. Neat. Gonna have to really fight the urge to buy it again. I know the community isn't what it used to be, but the forge and custom games really have me wanting to jump back in.

Lkr

My console needed an update. Started off pretty quick and started to crawl at 70%. Dunno if I'll ever get on lol

Lkr

I hope it's up soon, just downloaded lumines live so I'm gonna play that for a while.
Does the xbone lack gigabit Ethernet? I can't get 200mbps download speeds on it, it seems to cap at 90

Look at the update tweet in the Reddit thread. They are aware/working on it. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon

I've opted out already, but that's pending for some fucking reason. So I'll probably be removed from the program right about the time they fix the issue. Meaning I'll most likely have to redownload the game or wait out the opting out process before I download. So pissed right now

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wow, what a trainwreck.
Nope we're not entitled, we didn't ask for anything, but if you promote and promise something than you better deliver or feel the heat, rightly so. EU customers in the preview program have lost hours following this thing and trying to make it work, waiting and waiting and now that is up... "NOPE! Nothing for you haha! we don't give a fuck we still haven't fixed the FREE days promotion not working for Preview members after missing out on WWE for the same exact reason." Cool, bravo MS.
You've soured me on the whole thing, going to bad and probably won't even bother dl unless they extend it by two days thus not buying Halo 5 for sure since I wanted to see if I liked the campaign enough.

Wow, what a trainwreck.
Nope we're not entitled, we didn't ask for anything, but if you promote and promise something than you better deliver or feel the heat, rightly so. EU customers in the preview program have lost hours following this thing and trying to make it work, waiting and waiting and now that is up... "NOPE! Nothing for you haha! we don't give a fuck we still haven't fixed the FREE days promotion not working for Preview members after missing out on WWE for the same exact reason." Cool, bravo MS.
You've soured me on the whole thing, going to bad and probably won't even bother dl unless they extend it by two days thus not buying Halo 5 for sure since I wanted to see if I liked the campaign enough.

Agreed. I'm feeling a lot of hate for MS right now. They're fucking over their most loyal customers/fans right now too.

yLEFTy

It's part of being in the preview program though..in order to get early access to new features and ensure that everything works better at wide release, we assume some risks that things may not always work perfectly. I understand the frustration though.

01DragonFly

I've opted out already, but that's pending for some fucking reason. So I'll probably be removed from the program right about the time they fix the issue. Meaning I'll most likely have to redownload the game or wait out the opting out process before I download. So pissed right now
You will be removed the next time there is an update so usually about 1-2 weeks and you lose all your local data(games, console setting ...)

You will be removed the next time there is an update so usually about 1-2 weeks and you lose all your local data(games, console setting ...)

Yeah, it's going to suck reinstalling/resetting everything. I should've never opted back in but there's nothing I can do now. Thanks though, maybe I can at least play it a bit.

Should I be able to see it at all if I'm in the preview program? People earlier made it seem like it was showing for them, but they just couldn't instal it. I'm not seeing it at all

Should I be able to see it at all if I'm in the preview program? People earlier made it seem like it was showing for them, but they just couldn't instal it. I'm not seeing it at all

You have to download an app called the preview dashboard and then enroll/unenroll through the app.

You have to download an app called the preview dashboard and then enroll/unenroll through the app.

I meant should I be able to see that halo 5 is free. I am in the preview program. People were saying that they could see the game being free, but there was not an install button

Cth

Same here.. I wonder if it has anything to do if you've played it before or not.

I've installed/played it before and have the Buy/Disc. shown.

Top Bottom