• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 screenshots ['Blue Team' campaign mission]

They're still from the initial "Blue Team" campaign mission that we've seen a lot of already. I believe they're new angles/closeups though, haven't seen them before. Looks great.

i7gRcZS.jpg

Cz89qb8.jpg

d1fKjKi.jpg

Z2kzIQC.jpg

LZSU6hZ.jpg

X1OaPib.jpg

fg5Tt2X.jpg

qXzXDJd.jpg

RnFJCLK.jpg

That one thruster coming out of chief's ass looks different. Natural gas perhaps?

Looks good, screenshots hardly do this game justice though.

ShamePain

Banned
Not quite as nextgen as it should be (almost no shadows at all in all the screens), but solid, hopefully the arenas are really as big as 343 claim.

Wizman23

Banned
Looks like the mission where the B roll campaign video is from. I hope 343 shows no more campaign. Bungie spoiled pretty much every location in Reach during previews.

RowdyReverb

I like the lighting and atmosphere.
Me too. They have a very cohesive aesthetic going on. Not sure why, but I feel like you could show me a random environment from this game without any characters or props and it would still look like Halo 5.

Fucking hunters.

After beating all of the MCC campaigns in a few weeks just seeing them hurts.

Edit: Looks great though, I can't wait.

Akai__

There's really no need to show pictures of the same mission over and over again. It already looks good, so maybe show some different scenery. Maybe a snow level? Please?

Maybe it's making an appearance as one of those mythic weapons?

It is one of the Legendary weapons, yeah. Not sure if they have Legendary weapon versions in campaign, though.

Not a fan of some of the designs but looks great regardless. Especially liking Chief's armor now.

Hopefully the campaign can live up to all the promises they've made so far.

mnannola

The lighting looks pretty flat to be honest. Seems like Destiny is better looking game in the same style and it came out a year ago on more than one system.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My only complaint is the rocket launcher. It just looks generic af.

Not quite as nextgen as it should be (almost no shadows at all in all the screens), but solid, hopefully the arenas are really as big as 343 claim.

yeah, i feel the same way.

mind you, no halo game has ever been much of a looker [aside from halo 4, and perhaps halo: ce for its time], so i've learned not to get excited about halo graphics much.

looks like halo though, so that's cool.

Buntabox

They are really holding back on the campaign footage. We've seen this Blue Team level three times now. I want to be surprised of course, but I'd really like to see some vehicle action. It's easily my favorite thing about halo campaigns.

Looks great, but I just can't shake the fact that I will never be able to play this game with friends due to them getting rid of splitscreen. None of my friends own an Xbox One. Probably not getting the game no matter how good it reviews simply because of that.

Lasty95

Those screens could be from any number of generic old corridor shooters.

Sorry guys, don't mean to be that guy, but it breaks my heart to watch 343 do what they're doing to my favourite franchise, and they're not getting enough stick for it.

It doesn't look like Halo to me. It looks like Halo 4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry guys, don't mean to be that guy, but it breaks my heart to watch 343 do what they're doing to my favourite franchise, and they're not getting enough stick for it.
yeah, everyone's been REAL SOFT on 343 after the Reach TU, Halo 4, MCC, etc etc.

lmao

ShamePain

Banned
yeah, i feel the same way.

mind you, no halo game has ever been much of a looker [aside from halo 4, and perhaps halo: ce for its time], so i've learned not to get excited about halo graphics much.

looks like halo though, so that's cool.

I think Bungie's games had a cohesive, futuristic yet grounded look going for them, something that 343 hasn't quite managed to achieve. And Reach was properly beautiful.

Top Bottom