• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 5ive is ogonna use THEE OUCLUS RIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Sounds and looks terrible. Head-mounted displays are for the niche.
And that's the bigger reason it won't remove the sting over always online. Some of us are just bitter because we hate it out of principle and don't want to be screwed by the rare hiccup, but those who are either traveling more or in a bad place for internet connectivity are still fucked, so all the nice additions in the world won't matter if the system still turns into a brick at the drop of a hat for arbitrary reasons.

Darknight

Microsoft does not have an open hardware solution on 360. Which means, third party products have to be approved to work with microsoft.'s console.

Unless things like that change... only the PS4 could support OR in games. Because it has an open hardware policy.

So that means....Halo 5 on PS4???? Isnt this the megaton here?

jaypah

I want to call shenanigans but it's Crazy Butt so I'm conflicted.

I see it's been debunked in the time that it took me to go outside and post. Well....i don't know, Crazy has a decent past. Man, would have been cool.

Derrick01

Banned
And if PS4 can use it too? I think we'd be back to square one there.

Nevermind I can use my PC offline at least if I prepare on Steam, so nope.

I dunno. I was under the impression you needed a high end PC to get that thing to work properly anyway, with higher specs than either next gen console is going to be, but I haven't really paid much attention to oculus rift to know for sure.

edit: Oh, well there ya go. Rumor debunked I guess.

Atomski

Microsoft does not have an open hardware solution on 360. Which means, third party products have to be approved to work with microsoft.'s console.

Unless things like that change... only the PS4 could support OR in games. Because it has an open hardware policy.

Ill believe this when I see it....

Its a console, the whole idea is being closed.

PewPewK

While the Rift is neat and all, this thread is kind of dumb. Because one developer bought a Rift development kit and brought it in to the office doesn't mean "OMG GAME HAZ SUPPRT!"

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
-10 reputation points for being wrong about dead rising 3
-10 reputation points for being wrong about ouclus rift in halo 5

credibility = 0
His credibility actually turns into a really high positive number due to overflow. His credibility has never been higher.

If one day my wife opens the door and catch me with that Cronemberesque thing on My head may happen to things:

- Get divorce papers.
- Call the cops.

EDIT: Both.

Didn't David Ellis of 343 say on twitter this morning that he got his and was demoing it this morning? Probably messing around.

Korosenai

Can't believe I'm actually replying to this thread. Sigh.

I brought my personal kit into the office to show some of the other designers. TF2 is pretty darn cool with the Rift.

jumptoconclusionmat.jpg

I honestly saw the picture as a joke and not you guys being serious. Just a funny pic, that's all.

Atomski

If one day my wife opens the door and catch me with that Cronemberesque thing on My head may happen to things:

- Get divorce papers.
- Call the cops.

EDIT: Both.

You sure picked a winner.

But seriously you are playing videogames and posting on a gaming board.. these use to be considered nerdy as shit but for some reason a VR headset goes over the line?

Can't believe I'm actually replying to this thread. Sigh.

I brought my personal kit into the office to show some of the other designers. TF2 is pretty darn cool with the Rift.

jumptoconclusionmat.jpg
The OP was clearly joking. But I suppose you can't expect everyone to be so ... aware.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My body is not ready.

Nor does it want to be. Please keep Halo 5 on the flat screen only.

I think Richard Garriot was also talking about doing this with Shroud of the Avatar too.

Rapstah

The question with c-butt is which of his insider truths are the planted fake rumours to hide his real identity.

I'm sure this tech is fucking awesome, but there is no goddamn way the majority of gamers will wear that monstrosity if there's more than one person in the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom