• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo for Xbox One is Halo 5? *gasp*

bidguy

Banned
Well, we've barely heard anything about the game, next to nothing actually. Which if they're not ready to show off their game, there's no way in hell we'll get a beta.

i dont know man it sounds like 343 has a lot of fun playing the game in the office (judging by his posts earlier in the halo ot)

might be further along in development than we think

i dont know man it sounds like 343 has a lot of fun playing the game in the office (judging by his posts earlier in the halo ot)

might be further along in development than we think

I hope they put out a beta, don't get me wrong, but the industry is moving away from public betas, because most people don't play the beta to give feedback, they play the beta to play the game early.

Completely disagree on that one. Had far more fun with H4 multi than Reach. That game's strength was its single player imo.
Lol wut?

No. It had a better MP overall. MLG, Squad Slayer, Arena Slayer, Invasion, Team Classics, Anniversary, BTB, list goes on.

Way more fun than Halo 4 had to offer. The closest Fun to Halo 4 ive had on MP is Team Throwdown and the awesome mods that the modding community has been crafting.

Muffdraul

Nice, I just finished replaying Halo 4 SP last night. I have some gripes about it, I see a lot of dirty fingerprints that scream out "THIS WAS NOT DEVELOPED BY BUNGIE!!!" But overall I think it's a strong campaign and have high hopes for what 343 will do next. I want them to take it further. Bringing the Covenant back was a wussy, callow move. Leave them behind, design some cool new enemies, bring it.

Halo 4 was a huge disappointment for me. The single player was EH. The enemies were really bland IMO. Too many bullet sponges and frustrating tactics. Not very good visual feedback for damage on the character models either. It made it very uneventful. Disliked the coridors and lack of large sections of the game.

The multiplayer had a really good feel to it. I liked the feel of the weapons and movement, but everything else was so awful. Hated the loadouts, very unHalo. Halo was always about map control and timing the spawns of weapons, that was completely removed. The dropship style weapons were annoying, unpredictable, and just not what I wanted in a multiplayer game.

Not being able to drop the flag and only being able to shoot the flagnum was stupid. I loved juggling the flag, passing it to teammates, switching to the rocket launcher to defend myself, etc.

The playlist was way too dumbed down. The removal of assault was a disappointment. The lack of any BTB objective for the first year really hurt it. I missed 1 flag CTF maps with rounds to defend and attack.

Overall the game was incredibly CODified. I'm sure plenty of people liked that. I don't. I enjoyed Halo because it was different than that game. I played Halo because I liked having a level playing field that focused more on map control and teamwork. That hardly matters anymore.

Lol wut?

No. It had a better MP overall. MLG, Squad Slayer, Arena Slayer, Invasion, Team Classics, Anniversary, BTB, list goes on.

Way more fun than Halo 4 had to offer. The closest Fun to Halo 4 ive had on MP is Team Throwdown and the awesome mods that the modding community has been crafting.

/opinions

Overall the game was incredibly CODified. I'm sure plenty of people liked that. I don't. I enjoyed Halo because it was different than that game. I played Halo because I liked having a level playing field that focused more on map control and teamwork. That hardly matters anymore.

You'd be surprised of how many people didn't. The population drop off rate was somewhere like 95% or something like that.

I think we are all dying for some information. We know you have a PR schedule, but would totally appreciate an idea of when to expect a glimpse of the work that has been done so far.
Or maybe a concrete definition of what your doing to alleviate the Halo communities fears of a Halo 4 repeat. Something, anything, would go a long way to keep us from being anxious about what 343i has planned for next gen Halo.

Or just make us wait and don't throw your die hard community a bone. You know, the same community that has kept your game from being a complete wasteland online. Just saying.

Moa

I think we are all dying for some information. We know you have a PR schedule, but would totally appreciate an idea of when to expect a glimpse of the work that has been done so far.
Or maybe a concrete definition of what your doing to alleviate the Halo communities fears of a Halo 4 repeat. Something, anything, would go a long way to keep us from being anxious about what 343i has planned for next gen Halo.

Or just make us wait and don't throw your die hard community a bone. You know, the same community that has kept your game from being a complete wasteland online. Just saying.

lol

bidguy

Banned

yeah some info would be nice

its been 6 months since that trailer and nothing after that right ?

Muffdraul

Smooth. If I was him I'd totally start laying out a preview for next week. Yeah, sure I would. That's the ticket.

Wizman23

Banned
For Halo 3 we didn't get much either...

Beta's take a ton of resources and time to produce. It's not going to happen especially for the highest profile title on a new released platform in its first year of existense. I would imagaine 343 is in crazy ass crunch right now.

Blackage

Dear lord this thread is worse then that South Park episode Sarcastaball, my brain actually hurts from reading it, I can't tell who's being serious and who's not, or if you all just agreed to heavy sarcasm!

Bungie

Screen-Shot-2013-06-10-at-6.03.25-PM-660x370.png

Look at the clouds above Halo

http://youtu.be/blW40AVWXrE?t=1m56s

Woah. Nice find.

yeah some info would be nice

its been 6 months since that trailer and nothing after that right ?

We probably won't be seeing too much of Halone until E3 or closer to fall. 343 barely got Halo 4 out the door with 3+ years of dev time, now they have to somehow repeat the process all over again with less than 2 years of dev time, 1 year of which is already past.

GhaleonEB

SP: Halo 3 + CE
Story: Halo 2 + ODST
MP: Halo 2 + 3

Short and sweet. Though, I did enjoy ODST's campaign structure a great deal. It highlighted how well open/exploration elements meshed with the combat sandbox. I'd welcome more missions like the second from the first game, or some hub/spoke type missions.

Er. Or I would if Halo 4 didn't help send me to the PS4 this gen.

wwm0nkey

Short and sweet. Though, I did enjoy ODST's campaign structure a great deal. It highlighted how well open/exploration elements meshed with the combat sandbox. I'd welcome more missions like the second from the first game, or some hub/spoke type missions.

Hopefully by Halo 5 there is a kinect-less XBO for $400. Not going to switch over and im going to wait at least 2 months after for community impressions but Halo 5 might get me to get a One as an exclusives machine that is touched every once in a while.

Something horrible should happen to Master Chief and the Earth in 5 so that Halo 6 can be called Halo: Revengeance. Every serious franchise needs at least one installment subtitled Revengeance. I mean come one its Revenge and Vengeance. It works with any game.

Same here.

Bought an Xbox for Halo, bought a xbox360 for Halo 3, after Halo 4 I realized that 343i will never be able to craft a Halo game like Bungie can, not really motivated to buy an xbone now that Bungie is multiplatform.

bidguy

Banned
Something horrible should happen to Master Chief and the Earth in 5 so that Halo 6 can be called Halo: Revengeance. Every serious franchise needs at least one installment subtitled Revengeance. I mean come one its Revenge and Vengeance. It works with any game.

halo 5 was rumored to be the darkest in the series

whatever that means

Madness

I doubt we'll get a beta either, if Halo 4 was anything to go by.

I don't think we'll get a beta simply because it would be wasted resources in a sense. Not to mention that if a lot of their 'additions' to the gameplay from Halo 4 are kept, it will instantly prevent a large contingent of gamers from keeping their pre-orders.

It seems Halo 5 will be coming in 'hot'. We had a bit of discussion on what kind of information will be released, why the title hasn't been announced and why it's not part of the lists for 2014, maybe they'd need more time. I certainly would rather have a delayed Halo 5 than another launch plagued with problems like lack of features/playlists.

They need to have launch day, week, month be perfect. Everything working, nothing cut or missing, no more 'soon'. I wonder if Destiny launch in September as opposed to earlier in summer will be a factor. Especially if another Call of Duty will be out in November.

Tzeentch

There is no way it's getting a beta. Halo 4 is already being treated like a MP beta with all the changes and playlist modifications.

Hope it's a good game, but I'll watch a playthrough on Youtube this time and call it good.

you can disagree, but your opinion is factually wrong. Reach had a multiplayer that was closer to Halo than CoDlo4
How can an opinion be factually wrong? As far as campaigns go, Halo4 is my 2nd favorite behind Combat Evolved. I don't really like Reach's or 4's multiplayer and would prefer the next game to be more akin to CE or Halo 2. Halo3's BR spread was not to my liking.

abadguy

Banned
Lol wut?

In your opinion. Most of Reach was the same shitty Forge maps over and over, BTB was a fucking joke in comparison to Halo 3, Arena Slayer was good, but you had shitty maps like "countdown" ( maybe the worst map in any Halo game perhaps people kept picking it to avoid playing on shitty Forge maps because i can't imagine how anyone could like to play on Countdown) which people would keep picking over and over for some odd reason.( Only things i miss from Reach multi is the Grenade Launcher and Sword Base.( one of the two maps yanked from the campaign that i liked)

It didn't get much playtime from me in comparison to Halo 3 and 4 as far as multi is concerned. Again the single player campaign was great though.

you can disagree, but your opinion is factually wrong. Reach had a multiplayer that was closer to Halo than CoDlo4

The very fact that it's an opinion pretty much means that it can't be factually wrong as it was stated as an opinion not a fact.

Top Bottom