• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually you were right. I guess it works.
eh top of the page. Have a .gif

qHWGFWC.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So tombstone and disolation are now included ?
I'm so confused

Would appear so

Im just going to assume every map from every platform release will be in because thinking about it is making my head hurt lol

Should be real good for people who want to play halo:ce

I'm mostly excited for the missions "Gravemind" and "High Charity".

Running through High Charity while the Covenant tears itself apart... the Flood gains ground... Truth and the Gravemind war with impressive voice acting and dialogue.... very nice vistas...

Very melancholy and, especially because those missions had some of the best tracks in the series. Easily the best part of any Halo campaign, in my humble opinion.

Highcharity1600.jpg

Never forget.

yup the vistas in high charity were crazy on the og xbox.

Any chance of a dlc map pack with more halo 2 upgraded maps?

As unlikely as this is, I'm also hoping for something like this. The small number of remastered maps is the only thing that's keeping my hype from killing me.

Or Reach maps. Swordball Oddbase. Just a thought.

i7GaNyrqMKGBP.gif

Superior Sword Base is back in CE. Then again, maybe it would actually play better with faster mechanics like CE's. Many of the maps in H3-Reach would have been great maps if they were in earlier games.

Human_me

Well looks like I'm buying an Xbox one this November.

It would be cool if they ported over ODST as DLC.

I would definitely buy that!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Today I traded Halo Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 towards this. Got around 23$ credit in total. Kinda sucks but wth

Nope , all mp runs in its original engine and h2a has an additional xbone native mode with six map remakes.

Will Halo CE:A kinect stuff work ?
Tombstone and Desolation never coming ever super impossible?
Collectors edition?
Any more info on this new engine xbox one engine? chance of DLC?

MaGlock

As unlikely as this is, I'm also hoping for something like this. The small number of remastered maps is the only thing that's keeping my hype from killing me.

i7GaNyrqMKGBP.gif

Superior Sword Base is back in CE

Yeah it would be awesome with a map pack or two. Get at least 12 maps redone and I'll play it till halo 5 no problem

RyudBoy

I'm a little sad that we're not getting a remastered version of Halo 3 since that's my favorite game in the series, but really, I shouldn't complain with everything we're getting. 60fps though, can't wait to play it.

Loxley

I have such a weird relationship with MS and Halo. I have a personal preference for Sony's systems overall...but I've always had personal love for Halo specifically. And not even the multiplayer (with the exception of CE on the PC), it's the single-player campaigns I enjoy - especially co-op. Nothing from's Sony's camp has managed to give me the same amount of enjoyment; not Killzone, Resistance, etc.

Basically what I'm saying is this collection will likely be the thing that convinces me to get an X1.

Prologue

There has been a twitter post saying that there will be a way to play competitive multiplayer matchmaking for your specific game. The pictures in the OP say differently though.

Sorry if this has been answered, i cant find it anywhere.

whats gonna be the deal with splitscreen? Can we still matchmake with guests?

I know i may be in the minority, but i loved splitscreen halo online with a buddy. 2-4 friends being able to go across all multiplayers would be a big thing for me.

MaGlock

I'm a little sad that we're not getting a remastered version of Halo 3 since that's my favorite game in the series, but really, I shouldn't complain with everything we're getting. 60fps though, can't wait to play it.

Halo 3 is my favorite as well maybe In 2017 well get the full treatment

I'm really happy with what they're doing. This is how you show fans you're listening. AND no armor abilities in Halo 5 means that glimmer of hope remains that they will abandon Halo 4's every-gametype-is-fiesta randomness mentality. Just need to hear ordinance drops are either removed altogether or completely rethought and reworked and we'll be peachy. (Please 343, nothing compares to just having the weapons spawn on the map. It's part of Halo's dynamic gameplay for map control)

Schmitty

Sorry if this has been answered, i cant find it anywhere.

whats gonna be the deal with splitscreen? Can we still matchmake with guests?

I know i may be in the minority, but i loved splitscreen halo online with a buddy. 2-4 friends being able to go across all multiplayers would be a big thing for me.

You are not in the minority. Halo was made for split-screen. Everything that was there from the original will be there with the exception of system link (possibly)

I've been wanting online Halo: Combat Evolved (on a console) for a decade now.

So glad. Now all I have to do is try and get my friends and brother to all play at the same time so it can be like how it was before we all moved away from each other.

belushy

Banned
343 just posted in a blog post that Tombstone and Desolation WILL be included in the Halo 2 Port (not Anniversary.)

Previously, we’d told you Tombstone and Desolation were not included, but the good news is that those are going to be in the game along with their counterparts, Hang ‘Em High and Derelict. Basically, every single multiplayer map from Halo 1-4 is included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/halo-e3-2014-wallpapers-and-more

edit: Nevermind, I see this was already discussed :)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I know this is a silly request..

But any chance of getting Forward Unto Dawn on disc?

I wouldn't mind having that on disc to watch between 3 and 4 playthroughs.

Alchemy

Wait, I'm seeing a lot of "playable in online co-op". Does that mean there is no local? No local co-op for the entire experience and there is no fucking way I'm touching this game.

You are not in the minority. Halo was made for split-screen. Everything that was there from the original will be there with the exception of system link (possibly)

So even local campaign support???

Ohhhhh budddddy.

This just worried me:
Dan: We're gonna have [online co-op] in particular for 2, 3 and 4. We're gonna have those across the board which is going to be a tremendous amount of fun. Similar for Forge as well. You're gonna be able to Forge on 2, 3 and 4.
Frank O'Connor: (from GAF): Only in the new h2 anniversary mp mode. But yes.

the addition of the 'online' made me thing it was holding back local or something.

Weekends with friends are going to be just looooost to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom