• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

CliQ

I can see somebody hasn't played much of the last 3 Halo multiplayer games.

Actually I've played them all quite a bit.

My gt is xCliQuEx I've been on Xbox live for over 11 years. Feel free to check my stats on any halo game that had stat tracking.

I've said this numerous times about halo but I'll say it again if need be.

No one Halo is the same. There will always be things you don't like about any of the Halos. The key is to understand that you will never truely have the Halo you dream of having because not everyone thinks Halo should be the same way YOU think it should be.

As I said a few pages back, why don't we all say the things that we really like about Halo so that the developers will have things to focus on.

Maybe just maybe it will get us closer to the Halo we all want.

Actually I've played them all quite a bit.

My gt is xCliQuEx I've been on Xbox live for over 11 years. Feel free to check my stats on any halo game that had stat tracking.

I've said there numerous times about halo but I'll say it again if need be.

No one Halo is the same. There will always be things you don't like about any of the Halos. The key is to understand that you will never truely have the Halo you dream of having because not everyone thinks Halo should be the same way YOU think it should be.

As I said a few pages back, why don't we all say the things that we really like about Halo so that the developers will have things to focus on.

Maybe just maybe it will get us closer to the Halo we all want.

Then with all your years of illustrious experience, you will surely have noticed how every MP achievement that comes to mind (2 kills with spartan laser only in Ranked FFA, Camp in a corner for a minute, etc) ruins matches because people are going for them instead of playing the game like you're supposed to. Everyone (including devs) complains about rank boosting, losing on purpose by shooting your team, people who will remain unnamed who only go for mongoose kills, but somehow this bullshit is different? It's literally encouraging your teammates to play poorly/incorrectly or for people to quit FFAs when there's not a laser on the map or only vote for maps with lasers or to sit in a corner AFK instead of helping their team.

Come the fuck on with the excuses.

CliQ

I can see somebody hasn't played much of the last 3 Halo multiplayer games.

Before I get the rebuttal I just want to say that I completely understand why people nitpick so much. halo is a game we all love and it is our love for the game that makes us so vocal. As far as myself goes I've been down this road too many times (I thought Halo 2 sucked when it first launched because it was so different from Halo: CE) and have reached the point of acceptance. Halo will always be Halo at it's core (guns, grenades, melee) but there should be an understanding that every new Halo that gets released will be different.

The Flash

Banned
I don't know why I made this but I did....there's something wrong with me

GWe8GBO.gif

CliQ

Then with all your years of illustrious experience, you will surely have noticed how every MP achievement that comes to mind (2 kills with spartan laser only in Ranked FFA, Camp in a corner for a minute, etc) ruins matches because people are going for them instead of playing the game like you're supposed to. Everyone (including devs) complains about rank boosting, losing on purpose by shooting your team, people who will remain unnamed who only go for mongoose kills, but somehow this bullshit is different? It's literally encouraging your teammates to play poorly/incorrectly or for people to quit FFAs when there's not a laser on the map or only vote for maps with lasers or to sit in a corner AFK instead of helping their team.

I totally agree that MP achievements can be quite frustrating (especially some of the later ones that required you to play in DLC playlists). Not only to achieve them but the impact they have on the game. However, have you looked at the MCC achievements? I know there is a lot and I only have skimmed through them but from what I saw the majority of the MP achievements are just winning MP games.

Quick Trigger Finger
Win 450 multiplayer games.

I know that's a lot of wins but that shouldn't affect the gameplay in a negative way. If anything it should encourage everyone to play better, right?

If there are any oddball MP achievements that require specific criteria to be met then yes i will agree that will probably a problem on some scale in MP. But reading through them I don't see any like that. It looks to me like 343 has realized this and made more generic Mp achievements.

CliQ

If the complaints are about the original achievements then really all I can say is we have the MCC coming out in less than two weeks which will have all new achievements that appear to be more generic on a MP side.

I guess we could have no MP achievements.

None of your points are valid. People try to get achievements in matchmaking regularly, and matchmaking will put terrible people on your team in an attempt to balance it if you are any good. I'm not talking about play X games types of achievements, I'm talking about the moronic "do a thing!" while in an actual game achievements. They actually impact multiplayer a significant amount, and for nothing. Do achievement hunters even enjoy multiplayer achievements? Why not have more campaign achievements instead?

There is no reason to offer an incentive for players to basically troll their teammates in matchmaking.

I totally agree that MP achievements can be quite frustrating (especially some of the later ones that required you to play in DLC playlists). Not only to achieve them but the impact they have on the game. However, have you looked at the MCC achievements? I know there is a lot and I only have skimmed through them but from what I saw the majority of the MP achievements are just winning MP games.

Quick Trigger Finger
Win 450 multiplayer games.

I know that's a lot of wins but that shouldn't affect the gameplay in a negative way. If anything it should encourage everyone to play better, right?

If there are any oddball MP achievements that require specific criteria to be met then yes i will agree that will probably a problem on some scale in MP. But reading through them I don't see any like that. It looks to me like 343 has realized this and made more generic Mp achievements.

Keep up the conversation before you start calling people out then, smart guy.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-next-50-achievements

CliQ

None of your points are valid. People try to get achievements in matchmaking regularly, and matchmaking will put terrible people on your team in an attempt to balance it if you are any good. They actually impact multiplayer a significant amount, and for nothing. Do achievement hunters even enjoy multiplayer achievements? Why not have more campaign achievements instead?

There is no reason to offer an incentive for players to basically troll their teammates in matchmaking.

So i'm going through the achievements in MCC right now and it looks like 90% of the achievements are SP achievements and the ones that are Mp are really just win games. You need to win a lot of games but still just win games. Really though the MCC achievements aren't just for anyone they are for the die hard fans of Halo (which is all of us!). This whole game is a fan service to us. Let's enjoy what we get and play some Halo!

It's actually a huge problem for 2v2 Online and LANs where split screen is the ideal way to play because of the excellent FoV. I would have no problem playing Classic Halo CE in 4:3 with whatever artwork on the side of the screen if the FoV is preserved for 2v2 play. If it can't be done in 16:9 or some other resolution, then I would take that compromise, keep the 60 FPS of course.

I know a lot of people don't care about Halo CE in the first place, and especially don't see this as an issue, but it is a major gripe for the core competitive community of the game. We all preferred 2v2 on splitscreen rather than individual boxes and screens, the FoV and teamwork with screenwatching made it worth it.

Typical though, every supposed "minor" detail that gets criticized is just irrational salt. When really there is a ton of experience and logic behind the criticism. The Devil is in to details, and this is now the second instance where 343 does not get those details right for Halo CE.
Perhaps you should read what I highlighted and underlined. I care about this issue as much as you do.

This is probably an oversight. That FOV doesn't just 'not work well' at 16:9. You would increase it to match the wider viewport from the original's splitscreen, not decrease it.

Cow

You're right, multiplayer achievements ruin Halo, I'm not buying MCC now every game is going to be riddled with people not trying to win. How did I not see this before.

None of your points are valid. People try to get achievements in matchmaking regularly, and matchmaking will put terrible people on your team in an attempt to balance it if you are any good. They actually impact multiplayer a significant amount, and for nothing. Do achievement hunters even enjoy multiplayer achievements? Why not have more campaign achievements instead?

How is stating that most of this will be happening at lower skill levels not a valid point? People do ridiculous stuff all the time in low level matches. Those who are driven to win will win and will get to higher ranks where people playing stupidly doesn't happen. I'm not saying multiplayer achievements are equivalent to campaign achievements, I'm just saying that people in here are blowing this out of proportion.

CliQ

Keep up the conversation before you start calling people out then, smart guy.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-next-50-achievements

You got me? I'm not sure what to say to that.

Top Gungoose: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get a kill with the Gungoose while airborne.

Grand Theft Halo: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In one match, steal a total of 5 occupied vehicles from opponents.

Wetwork: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Shrine in CTF, activate the enemy base waterfall and, before it stops, grab the flag.

Shields Up!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Zenith, personally activate the center energy shield 3 times in one matchmade game.

Power Play: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Warlord, get 5 center powerups that become available in a single game.

Cold as Ice: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Lockdown, kill an opponent with the hanging ice.

Ok, now that i've seen these new ones i can totally agree that these may cause some problems. But I'll play the other side for a sec and say that from what I read most of the other achievements can probably be obtained passively while you play the game.

Again, this goes back to my other post about everyone has a different idea of what Halo should be including Achievements. I'm just at the acceptance stage because complaining only angered me more.

Fracas

#fuckonami
any reason to not buy?

If you want an XB1, get on that shit

It's shipped and sold by amazon, so any issues are handled by regular amazon customer service

edit: it just got posted on cag so if you want it, grab it now and make a decision later

Madness

any reason to not buy?

Used - Like New

Includes manual, cover art, and packaging. Bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed. Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted.

With this description, probably not. Since it's sold by Amazon, you can be protected with Amazon's better return policy. Like New often times means near mint condition, there might be something like some surface scratches, packaging damage etc. But the few times I've bought something "like new" it almost does feel like new. If anyone is in the marker for an Xbox One with Kinect, this is an amazing price.

Tunavi

Banned
If you want an XB1, get on that shit

It's shipped and sold by amazon, so any issues are handled by regular amazon customer service

edit: it just got posted on cag so if you want it, grab it now and make a decision later
sold out, thanks anyway but I didn't have time to update my address quickly enough.

Madness

sold out, thanks anyway but I didn't have time to update my address quickly enough.

Xbox One + Kinect

by Microsoft

Console · Used, Like New$327.77

You save: $172.22 (34%)

In Stock

You sure? Shows as in Stock for me, just added to cart.

Edit: No longer on main screen, but I have it in my cart. Maybe if I remove it, it will go back?

Madness

Apparently it's still in my cart in Stock, I'm guessing if I remove from cart, it will go back to the list. Maybe have your address update and I'll delete from cart and you can add it to yours?

Hurry! I deleted it from cart and it's back up for you to buy.

How is stating that most of this will be happening at lower skill levels not a valid point? People do ridiculous stuff all the time in low level matches. Those who are driven to win will win and will get to higher ranks where people playing stupidly doesn't happen. I'm not saying multiplayer achievements are equivalent to campaign achievements, I'm just saying that people in here are blowing this out of proportion.

I don't think you read my post. Matchmaking will, on purpose, put low-skilled people on your team if you have a high skill rank to try and balance your team. Pretending that ranking up means you don't really have to deal with players like that doesn't make it true.

It's very disappointing after the initial announcement of achievements were devoid of such shenanigans.

The only Achievements that mention matchmaking are:

• Shields Up!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Zenith, personally activate the center energy shield 3 times in one matchmade game.
  • MVP: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Finished as the top player on your team in a matchmade game.
  • Warden: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Anniversary matchmaking, stop the killing spree of another player.
  • Ninja Redux: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill 5 people with melee from behind in Anniversary matchmaking.
  • Flaming Ninja Anniversary: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill an opponent that has the Ninja Redux achievement in Anniversary matchmaking.

These are all easy enough.

The rest can (hopefully) be obtained via custom games.

Madness

yeah i rechecked and it let me buy a 327 xbone w kinect

does the kinect have any value?

I actually kind of wish I had one now. Everything about the Console, from the UI and even entering codes is set up to be used by the Kinect.

But yeah, they can easily sell for between $60-$100. They will sell the standalone for almost $150, so you can easily find a buyer for a Kinect.

Cow

I don't think you read my post. Matchmaking will, on purpose, put low-skilled people on your team if you have a high skill rank to try and balance your team. Pretending that ranking up means you don't really have to deal with players like that doesn't make it true.

I understand what you are saying, but I think we are going to have to agree to disagree as to the scale of the impact of adding such achievements.

I'm not "pretending" ranking up means you will encounter it less, I'm making a logical hypothesis. Eventually you will be out of range of the majority of people who don't care or don't play to win, assuming it matches games in a similar way to Halo 2/3.

Halp HaloGAF. I need confirmation:

(This is assuming Halo CEA and 2A are 2-player co-op and H3, H4 are 4-player)

Do all campaigns support split screen and local co-op? Planning on doing a complete run through on LAN with 3 friends, but we only have 2 Xbones. I'm assuming (and looking for confirmation) that we can run two simultaneous games of Halo CEA and 2A (split screen, 2 players), then play Halo 3 and 4 with 2x 2 player split screen.

Top Bottom