• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
nervously-drinking-water.gif

Impala26

Never Forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7vwD0L0iWs

Choice Quotes:

(snip)

This is all referring to one of the shittiest, brokenest, campiest, derpiest maps ever.

Call it a bad map if you want, but I enjoyed Abandon a hell of a lot more than I did Complex. Faster-paced and intense matches too, especially with no motion tracker.

On the subject of Halo 4, I just played a couple matches and while it's still pretty lame, damn if 343 didn't score a winner with the thruster pack and Railgun. Really hope they return.

Hell yes. Rock 'n Rail was one of my favorites of the Action Sack Playlist. Railgun was a surprising addition by 343 because unlike almost every other weapon/ability/etc. added, the railgun actually took some time to learn to use effectively.

Charge then scope ladies and gents... charge THEN scope.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Halo 1 Anniversary that's being ported over to the MCC.

Digitial Foundry confirmed that it has legit problems with sustaining 60fps, sometimes plummeting into the 45fps range. Shadow pop in and shadow cascade fade in issues still exist. Also, some animations and cut scenes are stuck in the 30fps which causes some nasty jitter and stutter..

Additionally they didn't fix the bad geometry work where the new geometry doesn't match the old. This causes issues where you are shooting around cover because you see an enemy only to find out you are shooting the overlay of the old geometry. You switch back and "Wow the tree extends out a lot further..."

Check out there Halo 3 footage if you haven't, it looks rad in 60fps. So smooth.

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ands-on-with-halo-the-master-chief-collection

Omni

I'm pretty disappointed in the Halo 1 Anniversary that's being ported over to the MCC.

Digitial Foundry confirmed that it has legit problems with sustaining 60fps, sometimes plummeting into the 45fps range. Shadow pop in and shadow cascade fade in issues still exist. Also, some animations and cut scenes are stuck in the 30fps which causes some nasty jitter and stutter..

Additionally they didn't fix the bad geometry work where the new geometry doesn't match the old. This causes issues where you are shooting around cover because you see an enemy only to find out you are shooting the overlay of the old geometry. You switch back and "Wow the tree extends out a lot further..."

Check out there Halo 3 footage if you haven't, it looks rad in 60fps. So smooth.

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ands-on-with-halo-the-master-chief-collection

I honestly think that they should just cap Halo CEA at 30fps.

I honestly think that they should just cap Halo CEA at 30fps.

Yeah I might find myself wanting to just play in classic graphics to just relieve myself of being distracted by graphical oddities, gameplay breaking geometry conflicts, and frame rate inconsistencies. I may sound like I'm griping excessively about it, but my eyes are extremely sensitive to that stuff. If I see shadow/texture pop in out of the corner of my eyes its immensely distracting and immersion breaking.

Supposedly it's a CPU issue though. Which means res won't make a difference...

This is why I think they should have went the route of dedicated anniversary mode without switching to avoid these issues. I'm still miffed that they didn't increase the draw distance in all of the games...surely they have enough "horsepower" to do that.

Madness

Source:

Nah man, it's only a few frames and you won't notice it. Additionally, if you want to game on consoles you should be prepared to have games that claim to be locked 60fps routinely dip below. You're not seeing the added value content of MCC. Be grateful.

I don't remember there being too much of a problem with geometry collision in H1A but it's been a good year since I played through it last.

A little upsetting to hear the frame rate might vary a bit, maybe some patches can sort that out over time.

danwarb

Original Halo CE was smoother than CE Anniversary on the 360, and I had to play CE at 50Hz to get rid of the 60Hz stutter. So 25fps.

Nah man, it's only a few frames and you won't notice it. Additionally, if you want to game on consoles you should be prepared to have games that claim to be locked 60fps routinely dip below. You're not seeing the added value content of MCC. Be grateful.

Deadly Cyclone's alt?

Omni

:lol

Top Bottom