• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

We need to play more of that epic Awash map (`・ω・´)b All that control the center block FUN!

It seems that the Battle Creek remake was just for show for IGN? Why wouldn't they keep that for players? 343 probably designed that version better than any amateur forger could.

The Flash

Banned
Honestly if matchmaking isn't working by tomorrow night I'm going to be very disappointed. Right now I'm disappointed but I understand that big launches sometimes have things break, but tomorrow night I'll just be flat out disappointed and upset.

Frankie just said that no one's going to bed until things get fixed so there's that.

We need to play more of that epic Awash map (`・ω・´)b All that control the center block FUN!

I must say, it was a really well made map.

You guys play custom games?

I've been looking to get people on my list for customs.

If anyone is looking for anyone for customs (About to go to bed but I play often) add me: diaceofspadesib

I'm honestly really at these games, but I'm always down for whatever.

Pit, Guardian, and Valhalla only maps that should be in rotation

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like the Pit feel like it's always the same. Valhalla gets beaten out by Longshore, Avalanche and Standoff as far as BTB goes. Guardian and Blackout are good, I know people don't like Blackout because of missing jumps, but it still plays well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Since the launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we've received several, well deserved, complaints related to slow matchmaking and other issues. From everyone at 343 Industries, we are truly sorry and feel your frustration. You deserve better and we are working day and night to find solutions as quickly as possible, with our first priority focused on matchmaking improvements.

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday morning Pacific Time) we plan to roll out a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking. Again, these are server-side fixes, so you won't need to take a content update or reboot your console; you should see the effects right away.

In addition, we are targeting another release for this weekend, which will address a number of other community priorities. An unrelated issue with services is also causing achievements to not unlock correctly, and we realize this just makes it all feel a bit worse.

A game as large as Halo: The Master Chief Collection has a massive surface area, and while we made every effort to have the best launch possible for our fans, issues surfaced with launch and we're committed to improving this as fast as possible and get you all into matches. We're committed to improving things as fast as possible so you can have the Halo experience you've been waiting for.

Your feedback has been helpful for us in isolating issues, so please keep the input coming. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we work through these challenges. The development team at 343 Industries worked insanely hard to create Halo: The Master Chief Collection for you, and we won't stop until it's worthy of your passion for our franchise.

Dan Ayoub
Executive Producer

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...te/42893877-4f95-40a0-a9d3-d0f8ab188568/posts

Madness

What a waste of a launch day. So disappointing. Not even hyperbole, I think this has been the worst launch of the modern online era for me. They somehow managed to top the Gears 2 launch flop with this.

Finally caught that pro match in Halo 5 on 'Truth' as well. No wonder Frank asked qualitatively what's the difference between zoom and and ADS. They've been playing H5 with it the past little while.

Either way, going to bed now, here's hoping those 'top men/women' have it fixed by tomorrow.

rrc1594

What a waste of a launch day. So disappointing. Not even hyperbole, I think this has been the worst launch of the modern online era for me. They somehow managed to top the Gears 2 launch flop with this.

Finally caught that pro match in Halo 5 on 'Truth' as well. MO wonder Frank asked qualitatively what's the difference between zoom and and ADS. They've been playing H5 with it the past little while.

Either way, going to bed now, here's hoping those 'top men/women' have it fixed by tomorrow.

Wouldn't go that far, but I see the similarities

Defect

Man I am garbage at H2. I played somewhat decent in the mlg ffa match I think. I never played H2 mp before :p

CE is fun as hell too. Feel free to add me for customs and all that.

Gt- Defective 2

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 5 Ranks Breakdown on Team Beyond

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-ranks-breakdown/

A great summary of all the info Josh Menke tweeted today.

Edit - Here's a recap:

• Halo 5’s ranking system is titled CSR (Competitive Skill Ranks), but is far different from Halo 4
  • The 1-50 Rankings from previous Halo gamess will not return, but this is in order to create more competitive ranks with a visible skill gap
  • The CSR System Features 7 Divisions. The first five Divisions are each divided into three tiers, and the final two are a separate, high level category where players are constantly fighting for a spot in the Top 200 Leaderboard.
  • Placement Matches are used to place players into the appropriate Division for their skill level.
  • The first five Divisions will likely be named along the lines of: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond/Masters
  • The final two Divisions are Semi-Pro and Pro
  • The Pro Division will feature a Leaderboard where you can view the Top 200 players in the world.
  • CSR is on a per-playlist basis, however we don’t know how many and/or which playlists will be ranked.
  • The Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta will showcase the CSR system for the first time.
  • Praise Based Menke

Madness

Wouldn't go that far, but I see the similarities

I could get into more than 3 matchmaking games within the first 24 hours of Gears 2 launch. It was just a laggy, buggy mess. Slow and tough to play sure. Here, almost every single aspect of the game has glitches or bugs or is literally unplayable.

So hard to even get basic party functionality. Campaign crashed on coop, achievements not working, people being able to boot anyone in game etc. I was in a 5v3 Stonetown lobby only to start the game alone. Give me Gears 2 over this any day.

Man I am garbage at H2. I played somewhat decent in the mlg ffa match I think. I never played H2 mp before :p

CE is fun as hell too. Feel free to add me for customs and all that.

Gt- Defective 2

I'll add you but im about to go to bed, I'll play later

I'll add other people later, it's gettin' late lol

The Flash

Banned

image.php

Rtas

So glad I took 2 days off for this. got my campaign fix the first day and matchmaking will be fixed tomorrow (#believe) but all in all definitely feeling my moneys worth just for the fantastic way the campaigns have been done. The fact I can navigate immediately through classic and remastered modes in the anniversary campaigns and the smoothness of 60fps 1080p halo 3 really are making me nostalgia hard.

Planning on hitting up Halo 4 (know I'm going to catch some flak for this but hey I enjoyed the hell out of that campaign, pointless and hilariously terrible Palmer notwithstanding) tomorrow before hitting the MM playlists hard.

All in all despite the Hiccups I'm definitely happy with my purchase and look forward to spending an innordinate amount of time 100 per centing this game.

rrc1594

I could get into more than 3 matchmaking games within the first 24 hours of Gears 2 launch. It was just a laggy, buggy mess. Slow and tough to play sure. Here, almost every single aspect of the game has glitches or bugs or is literally unplayable.

So hard to even get basic party functionality. Campaign crashed on coop, achievements not working, people being able to boot anyone in game etc. I was in a 5v3 Stonetown lobby only to start the game alone. Give me Gears 2 over this any day.

You have a point. It got me thinking remember in Gears 2 MM you would rank up or down for no reason lol. I miss gears :(

Omni

Well I still can't find a match in matchmaking whatsoever. Custom games are off the table too. When I joined ExWife and whoever else last night, the lag was awful. Hit registration was just painful.

It's amazing how these bugs and broken features collectively ruin any enthusiasm I had in what should be the greatest Halo package ever released. I'm also disappointed that seemingly no reviews touched on how broken it all is before release. From a disastrous UI, to broken achievements, gamesaves and whatever else. Even things such as the lack of a safe zone adjustment option seems like am obvious oversight in this day and age.

It's amazing how much they've dropped the ball here. I'd have preferred a single polished Halo 2, over a slapped together collection that doesn't work.

malfcn

Oh god..don't launch something while a digital title is downloading.

Xbox Video needs an update..and took 5 minutes to ping back and forth.
At least it jumped to the front of the queue.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game is amazing.

I went into Team H2A matchmaking, got matched up with six other people, and then got a "matchmaking failed" error. I backed out and noticed that the six people I got matched with were still in my lobby. I figured it must've been a mistake, but out of curiosity I started up a custom game. Sure enough, I was able to take these random people from matchmaking into a custom game without inviting them or anything.

And even better: the custom game froze up halfway through and booted me out of it with no one else in my lobby.

Fuck you 343 for thinking it was ok to release this game.

I've had to quit to dashboard because the game completely crashed/locked up, SIX times today. I didn't even play that much, I played halo CE Customs (because lol match making) and during games/while setting up games it would crash.

Just now I got into my SECOND match making game ever (hAd the game for two full days and have been trying to play MM since) I got into a 6v4 game on bloodline and the game crashed trying to load the carnage report.

Do you want to take a guess how many times the game crashed during my COUNTLESS hours of Halo:CE, Halo PC, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach and Halo 4? ZERO. Quite literally zero. Never ever ever have I had to quit a game or be kicked from a game of halo because the game crashed, yet here I am on day two, having to stare at the dashboard with sadness after force quitting the game, AGAIN.

Why would you ever release this, it's broken. MM is broken, Achievements are broken, playlist suck, the game is bugged to shit, the UI is a train wreck, parties get split up randomly, etc, etc, etc...

Why is it ok to give something to millions of fans that is so obviously not finished?

I love, love, love halo CE. You guys honestly didn't have to do anything other then make it online compatible and I would have given any of you my hand in marriage, that's all I wanted and all I expected. Yet you manage to mess that up... You give us no dedicated Halo CE MM playlist, so I am forced to make customs work, and then you make the whole experience of partying up and getting games working, a complete mess.

This game makes me sad inside. :(

Guerrilla

ok so they are going to fix it by wednesday morning. What time is morning? I have a good 6-7 hours left at work, it'll be 6-7 a.m. pst then, is that morning? or is 11 a.m. morning?

Sephzilla

I was just lucky, I didn't have nearly the issues some of you guy seem to have had. After midnight it was hard for me to get into a game but after around noon or so today it became progressively easier to get into games.

I think the Gears 2 comparison is a little bit over the top. At least when you managed to get into a game of MCC, the game actually ran pretty flawlessly. I don't remember Gears 2 having even that silver lining. Most of us will probably completely forget about the launch day woes 2 months from now
assuming their fix this morning works...

ok so they are going to fix it by wednesday morning. What time is morning? I have a good 6-7 hours left at work, it'll be 6-7 a.m. pst then, is that morning? or is 11 a.m. morning?

They only said Wednesday morning pacific time. Which for all we know could be 2pm eastern

Top Bottom