• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ghazi

I personally just want a higher player cap and vehicle count.

I'm not really into classes and whatnot. I mean I suppose they could be done in a way that works but from what I've seen of H5, not so much. There's no real reason for it. Spawning from a drop pod would be cool though imo (depending on the size).

Booshka's explanation is right on point as well.
Infantry combat in Halo is a whole other level of fun than other games.

Invasion should be what you're talking about and BTB should be what Booshka said. Boom, game types for both kinds of people.

I must be in the minority for liking the way BTB was in past games CE, 2, 3 etc. While I can and do play games like Battlefield, nothing comes close to the BTB matches I've had in Halo. I just don't get it.

Edit: I meant I don't get why people want to get rid of the BTB we've had to copy games they can readily play anytime. I mean hell BF4 premium was just on sale, Hardline is coming out, who knows how Star Wars: Battlefront will be soon, why make Halo be like them.

I remember seeing "Fishstick" as a controller setup before H4 came out, and thinking "how nice, they are making it easy for COD players to get acclimated to Halo"...never thought I would be playing call of Halo. Perhaps they should have just left it there....just to contextualize the universe and stuff.

-Ryn

Banned
Invasion should be what you're talking about and BTB should be what Booshka said. Boom, game types for both kinds of people.
I do think that classic 8v8 BTB should stick around. Like you said maybe make Invasion the larger Gametype with slight variations of what you do in it.

Did you think it should have classes as well?
Unless they've got some new toys up their sleeve I guess.

Madness

At this point I just want to know what 343's plan to revive MCC population is after the game is fixed.

Dude, nothing is bringing the population back. I've said it quite a few times, but launch night, launch week and launch month matter. Once you screw those up, kiss your game's online longevity goodbye. However, now it's been so long, that even hardcore Halo fans have moved on. So many people have returned, refunded, traded in the game.

There was a small chance that Christmas, the holidays, and the beta would have brought and kept a new population, but we're now almost a month and half past that time as well.

At this point, nothing short of free is going to bring thousands of players back, and even then, I don't think it'll make much difference. Look how many from here have traded in their games, some even have or want to get rid of the Xbox One's altogether (me included).

Nialrot

At this point I just want to know what 343's plan to revive MCC population is after the game is fixed.

Unless they do something extreme like include it as a special GwG deal, I highly doubt they do anything other than continuing moderate support through patches and playlist rotations.

Priority at this point would have to be getting H5 out with as little issue as possible. I'm assuming they were pretty satisfied with the beta numbers and feedback.

-Ryn

Banned
I think they'll most likey bundle it with something or do a super discount. GwG probably isn't out of the question either given how badly the game tanked in population. If they can get people back with the revamped MCC it could help with H5.

King Leo

Neo Member
If this patch fails to deliver, I don't know what I'll do. I wouldn't be mad.. or sad.. I'd just be done. Give my XBone to a hobo or something.

Welfare

I think they'll most likey bundle it with something or do a super discount. GwG probably isn't out of the question either given how badly the game tanked in population. If they can get people back with the revamped MCC it could help with H5.

MS are already bundling it in Japan and Mexico with the White bundle. Once this patch and/or ODST and Relic come out, they'll probably start bundling it worldwide.

RBK

Banned
A MCC bundle is the only reasonable step.

Unless they want to start an outrage with a Games with Gold release.

Fuchsdh

Pragmatically, there's no way you don't piss people off by any sort of "free" time with the patched game. I don't feel like I wasted my $60, but there are certainly people who would feel betrayed if it goes free after they fix their stuff.

Impala26

I know we basically agreed to disagree on Destiny, but...

One terrible map (Relic) and a campaign is gonna make people come back to the MP? lol

I+need+more+firefly+gifs+_9c1249c9fb8c475ffb57321f69f0655e.gif

Madness

Why would people feel upset if the game goes free? That's the only thing saving this release from being a total waste of money. Would you rather they fix the game, but you're left with a severely low player base or that they fix the game and are able to inject thousands of players again?

Think of how many people refunded or traded in the game, and that they'd be able to come back to the game and play as well. Be upset the game came out this way, be upset that it took so long to be fixed, but don't really be upset that they are trying to keep the game viable. I mean I get it, we had to pay $70+ bucks for a game that people got to get for free when it works perfectly, but it'll allow me to get more enjoyment if it goes free, rather than keep it limited to whoever is left.

If free is too drastic, maybe half price digital sale $29.99 and making it part of every new SKU bundle going forwards.

Omni

One terrible map and a campaign is gonna make people come back to the MP? lol

Considering it's free shit, yes. ODST is held in high regard by a lot of people. At the very least it will bring people back to the MCC. Whether they stick around for multiplayer is another story, but to say it won't have any effect is just silly.

Considering it's free shit, yes. ODST is held in high regard by a lot of people. At the very least it will bring people back to the MCC. Whether they stick around for multiplayer is another story, but to say it won't have any effect is just silly.

I'm very happy about ODST. Bummed about no firefight though. I'm waiting for ODST before I do a run through of each game on legendary. Looking forward to it!

Madness

It was an odd choice considering the quality of maps available.

Not an odd choice considering it's a very simple map that Certain Affinity can easily remaster for H2A. Think about how much more difficult a Terminal, Colossus, Waterworks or something would be.

They'll have to offer more compensation if they go that route.

And if they don't? At this point, most of the people who were upset have moved on, there has been very little to no press devoted to how MCC is still broken (the announcement of ODST/Relic got more press than the issues itself) and the run up to E3, the reveal of the Halo 5 campaign, other modes is starting soon. I honestly don't think too many will have an effect demanding more compensation.

But a remade Terminal would be so good >:[

It would be amazing, but would definitely require more work, just like a Reach campaign would've required more work than ODST. At the end of the day, even though it's compensation, it's still a calculated business decision with things like time/cost factored in.

Welfare

Not an odd choice considering it's a very simple map that Certain Affinity can easily remaster for H2A. Think about how much more difficult a Terminal, Colossus, Waterworks or something would be.

But a remade Terminal would be so good >:[

AlStrong

The new music is full of tons of bangy, brassy noise (among other things) which doesn't exist in the original. It's a substantial style difference.

This scene annoys me a lot.

H2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4#t=40m7s

Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIrI4FJZ0A#t=40m

Like someone strapped a bomb to the percussionist's back and shoved him down a hole...

edit:

Just for reference from the OSTs themselves

H2A Arise in Valor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IKeQB2dB_s#t=45s

H2 Delta Halo Suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR-n6Z7Kxk#t=2m52s

-----

On the other hand... I thought Glittering Band was a pretty good redux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFFYtbwX3c

... which was also part of the Delta Halo Suite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR-n6Z7Kxk#t=5m16s

Guess I like how the percussions pop.

----

Anyways, I'll have to relisten to the entire thing again sometime. My initial impression a couple months back was simply "hit or miss".

RBK

Banned

And if they don't? At this point, most of the people who were upset have moved on, there has been very little to no press devoted to how MCC is still broken (the announcement of ODST/Relic got more press than the issues itself) and the run up to E3, the reveal of the Halo 5 campaign, other modes is starting soon. I honestly don't think too many will have an effect demanding more compensation.

Don't care how simple it is, you can't argue that there's no better choices. All is well when 343 remakes Turf for H5.

Nothing fans can do except more complaining. More players is always a plus, but it wouldn't be the best decision considering thousands of gamers bought the game and the compensation as is doesn't even come close to a free retail game.

I think this would be smar, nce the all their ducks in a row so to speak

Why? they dont have anything left to loose, Hell after games with gold releases it and if there is word of mouth the potenial for more players might be bigger.

So the people that spent money for a broken game 3 months ago finally get the game fixed, and then they just give it away for free? That's like getting kicked in the balls 100 times.

Maybe if they gave more compensation for those customers, like a free game worth $60, or something that's worth it.

I spent $450 on a new Xbox One, so I could get my Halo fix, $70 on the game itself. If they end up giving it away for free, without compensating the people that have had a broken product for months, then I'm selling my Xbox, and I'm never going back. I already have a PS4, so I wouldn't be missing much.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm reaching here, but this article on on vinyl vs CDs is like the argument of Halo CE being the purest of all Halos...please give it a read, it's comical yet interesting perspective (My opinion is, I think the writer is wrong, the vinyl record sound will never be replaced by a CD or digital recording, it is unique, it is indeed...pure, just like Halo Combat Evolved).

http://www.mcelhearn.com/do-vinyl-records-sound-better-than-cds-spoiler-nope/

Spoiler
Reason I randomly posted this article is because I got my wife a turntable for Christmas plus many vinyl records of her fav bands. Over time I've been getting records of my fav bands and omg...the sound is amazingly different from my itunes music.

This scene annoys me a lot.

H2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4#t=40m7s

Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIrI4FJZ0A#t=40m

Like someone strapped a bomb to the percussionist's back and shoved him down a hole...
As a percussionist I can say it was a matter of mixing the Drumming is very similar in both Cut scenes just seem like the lower the percussion in favor of everything else which i do agree was a big mistake But you can still hear it.

So the people that spent money for a broken game 3 months ago finally get the game fixed, and then they just give it away for free? That's like getting kicked in the balls 100 times.

Maybe if they gave more compensation for those customers, like a free game worth $60, or something that's worth it.

I spent $450 on a new Xbox One, so I could get my Halo fix, $70 on the game itself. If they end up giving it away for free, without compensating the people that have had a broken product for months, then I'm selling my Xbox, and I'm never going back. I already have a PS4, so I wouldn't be missing much.
I do think they need to offer something for those who have had it before they release in on Games for gold, The the idea of putting it on game for gold it to get it out there that the game is fixed and increase the population, they aren't going to do that solely by saying its fixed they have to do something to bring people back.

GIve those who stuck with it something and then give the general populace something worth obtaining and using,

It really doesn't matter at this point because you're never going to make everyone happy.

Im happy with what i got for MCC for the most part, and i will be more then happy to see it fully fixed, im not however going to freak out seeing new players, regardless if they got the game free during a 3 month period in which is was available. Hell You should be happy that there is now a thriving population(hopefully) on a game you enjoy(hopefully when its fixed)

But who am i to say what they should to I think they have ideas in mind.

But games with gold should do the trick with population(once its fixed) and that's one major issue.

Ramirez

Relic is awful dudes, so much garbage area around the outside of the map for snipers to dominate. Maybe if you had a DMR it would play better, but I thought it was one of the most boring maps in Halo 2.

The thing about ODST and Relic is they're only free to people who have held on to their copy of the game right? I wouldn't pay a single dime for either of those after getting a refund. I doubt I'm the only one, so I don't see it bringing many people in, because I'd wager a ton of people have refunded/ traded this in by now.

Relic is awful dudes, so much garbage area around the outside of the map for snipers to dominate. Maybe if you had a DMR it would play better, but I thought it was one of the most boring maps in Halo 2.

The thing about ODST and Relic is they're only free to people who have held on to their copy of the game right? I wouldn't pay a single dime for either of those after getting a refund. I doubt I'm the only one, so I don't see it bringing many people in, because I'd wager a ton of people have refunded/ traded this in by now.

I believe it's for anybody that played till Dec 23rd.

Ctf on Relic was awesome. Don't get the hate.

darthbob

Barring any game breaking issues with Relic H2A and ODST I can totally see MS/343i just dropping support for MCC save slight playlist management.

VinFTW

They should extend that off till the day its fixed. I think they should leverage Reach somehow too.

RBK

Banned
Barring any game breaking issues with Relic H2A and ODST I can totally see MS/343i just dropping support for MCC save slight playlist management.

Wishful thinking has me saying at least one more year after H5's launch.

The frequency of patches will definitely drop if it's not 100% functional by then.

King Leo

Neo Member
I say they start up a series of tournaments with an insane prize pool after everything is fixed. You can't go wrong with money. Bitches love money. 343 makes all the right moves surrounding the tournament and the hype will return. MCC saved. Right? RIGHT?!! :(

Top Bottom