• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

VinFTW

They can't even get MCC to work, and you guys want them to add another MP into the mix? hah

I did specify that nothing should happen till it's fixed. Implying no further additions till the game actually works.

Just food for thought, they have plenty of opportunities/ways to re-populate the game and compensate us further.

-Ryn

Banned
So the people that spent money for a broken game 3 months ago finally get the game fixed, and then they just give it away for free? That's like getting kicked in the balls 100 times.

Maybe if they gave more compensation for those customers, like a free game worth $60, or something that's worth it.

I spent $450 on a new Xbox One, so I could get my Halo fix, $70 on the game itself. If they end up giving it away for free, without compensating the people that have had a broken product for months, then I'm selling my Xbox, and I'm never going back. I already have a PS4, so I wouldn't be missing much.
Tough shit

It sucks and you're justified in being upset, but bringing more people back is more important than upsetting a few who might feel screwed over. I don't think most people will just get rid of the game because of pride (or whatever that is).

Tough shit

It sucks and you're justified in being upset, but bringing more people back is more important than upsetting a few who might feel screwed over. I don't think most people will just get rid of the game because of pride (or whatever that is).

A few being upset? I'm sure there will be millions of people that will be upset because a game they paid for, and beta tested, is made free. It's not pride. It's being fucked over.

Ramirez

Tough shit

Tough shit says the guy who doesn't own a Xbox One.

Even though I've suggest GWG, there's simply no way they could do that without compensating the people who paid even further. I'd say a $30 price drop is the most likely thing to happen, and I'd say that's a stretch.

Madness

Would a pack in digital version with all new Xbox One bundles work better? I think a massive price drop plus new bundle would be pretty good if you guys would hate the game going free. I still say might as well make it free. I'd rather have a fixed game with as many people than a fixed game but with a severely low player base where you are paired with a huge variety of skills etc.

HTupolev

Even if I get totally screwed over, a part of me wants to see Microsoft drop MCC on GWG as soon as MM is in decent shape.

Imagine. The. Meltdown.

Havoc2049

Coming out with Reach in the short time between ODST and Halo 5 doesn't really make sense and it further dilutes the population. Maybe there will be a "GOTY" (heh..) type edition that has ODST included and will retail for like $29.99. That and maybe bundle it with an XB1, would bring a nice boost to the population. Along with a major fix of course.

Haruko

Include MCC (probably w/o ODST/Relic) as a preorder bonus for Halo 5?

At least that way it'd theoretically bolster population of both

RBK

Banned
Include MCC (probably w/o ODST/Relic) as a preorder bonus for Halo 5?

At least that way it'd theoretically bolster population of both

Better than GwG at least.

Make the matchmaking portion of MCC F2P. All five campaigns, customs, forge, armor customization, and theater would become modules that can be unlocked with separate payments.

If anything becomes free, it should be met with more compensation. No debating this.

Make the matchmaking portion of MCC F2P. All five campaigns, customs, forge, armor customization, and theater would become modules that can be unlocked with separate payments.

Alright not touching this cesspool of a game till that patch is out. Couldn't even get into a match at all the past hour. Constant crashes and people quitting non stop. At one point the game wouldn't load, it gave me an error saying it was taking too long to load. Fuck you 343.

Even if I get totally screwed over, a part of me wants to see Microsoft drop MCC on GWG as soon as MM is in decent shape.

Imagine. The. Meltdown.
Id be so down with this. I don't care if a bunch of people get a game for free which i paid $60 for. I just want people to play with.

The game is worth jack shit if no one is playing it.

King Leo

Neo Member
Id be so down with this. I don't care if a bunch of people get a game for free which i paid $60 for. I just want people to play with.

Yeah fuck it, make it free. It will all be worth it once I'm playing a fixed MCC with a healthy population. That's all I want damn it

-Ryn

Banned
A few being upset? I'm sure there will be millions of people that will be upset because a game they paid for, and beta tested, is made free. It's not pride. It's being fucked over.
It's illogical.

You stay with a game you want to see fixed for all this time, finally see it fixed, but then get pissed off and leave because other people got for free and working. What is this supposed to accomplish? That isn't benefitting you, it's not doing shit to 343 because they already have your money, and a game you love has just that much less going for it.

Tough shit says the guy who doesn't own a Xbox One.

Even though I've suggest GWG, there's simply no way they could do that without compensating the people who paid even further. I'd say a $30 price drop is the most likely thing to happen, and I'd say that's a stretch.
Nooooooope.

Not going to say I know how you feel, but I'll offer my outside perspective.

But...

Imagine. The. Meltdown.
...why can't I stop smiling?

Leyasu

Banned
If they made a spin off game focusing on standard armed forces, I wouldn't mind a standard FPS kind of game. Could be interesting.

Spinoff Spartans vs elites, 64 players. Reskin the scorpion for the covenant and the banshee for the humans. Tweak some weapons, and I'll be there day one.
it would need sprint though

It's illogical.

You stay with a game you want to see fixed for all this time, finally see it fixed, but then get pissed off and leave because other people got for free and working. What is this supposed to accomplish? That isn't benefitting you, it's not doing shit to 343 because they already have your money, and a game you love has just that much less going for it.

Easy for you to say. 1.) You don't even have an Xbone. 2.) You haven't had to deal with this broken pos for the past 3 month's. And who the fuck said I love this collection? It's garbage. And people will make a stand if it becomes free by not buying another 343 product. Plain and simple. I loved Halo, when Bungie was still at the helm, since then, it's been way below the quality that they set.

-Ryn

Banned
343i should offer Sonic 06 as compensation when the game goes GWG, IMO.
tumblr_mfpfx6lOZy1refohwo1_500.gif

It would give some much needed perspective on true suffering :p

Easy for you to say. 1.) You don't even have an Xbone. 2.) You haven't had to deal with this broken pos for the past 3 month's. And who the fuck said I love this collection? It's garbage. And people will make a stand if it becomes free by not buying another 343 product. Plain and simple. I loved Halo, when Bungie was still at the helm, since then, it's been way below the quality that they set.
So you bought a collection when you thought it was garbage? Okay then.
These are 3 of the Halos the Bungie you loved made

You're ignoring my point. There isn't anything beneficial to what you and what you think others might do. You've stayed this long waiting for it to be what it was supposed to be. And once it's finally fixed, you decide that you're going to leave because other people got the game free, even though:

A)It would be done to help give the game a second wind and boost the population

and

B)It's HELPING Halo in the big picture

I've never returned a game out of spite for the dev because that doesn't do anything for me. If a game is fun, I will keep it. If it's broken but I know it will be fixed, I will keep it. I'm not gonna sell my game, that I've been waiting all this time to be fixed, just because Jimmy Randum got a free copy.

So you bought a collection when you thought it was garbage? Okay then.
These are 3 of the Halos the Bungie you loved made

You're ignoring my point. There isn't anything beneficial to what you and what you think others might do. You've stayed this long waiting for it to be what it was supposed to be. And once it's finally fixed, you decide that you're going to leave because other people got the game free, even though:

A)It would be done to help give the game a second wind and boost the population

and

B)It's HELPING Halo in the big picture

I've never returned a game out of spite for the dev because that doesn't do anything for me. If a game is fun, I will keep it. If it's broken but I know it will be fixed, I will keep it. I'm not gonna sell my game, that I've been waiting all this time to be fixed, just because Jimmy Randum got a free copy.

The game isn't going to be made free anyways, so I dunno why I'm arguing about something that won't happen.

-Ryn

Banned
The game isn't going to be made free anyways, so I dunno why I'm arguing about something that won't happen.
The MCC itself was seen as a hypothetical that wouldn't happen yet was discussed plenty.

Right now we're just discussing the potential reaction and the logic behind it. Not the likelihood of the actual event.

God dammit Ram!
LySB2.gif

Make the game free and give those who bought it a year of Gold. That oughtta do it.
Sure. I think it'd work.

Dr.Pepper and Sailor Jerry are pretty good friends it seems.

Leyasu

Banned
I had this downloaded launch day, and took a few days of holiday to spend 5 mins searching for matches (I have always had pretty good luck with this game).. But I honestly would not give a flying fuck if they put this on GwG. Sure I'll take another month of gold if they do, but I would prefer to see the population bounce back.

Same with titanfall, this game needs to the GwG treatment.

Getting an Xbone soon to play some stuff with friends. They have MCC but haven't touched it in months because of how broken it is, and one if them is considering trading it in. Is it not worth my shekels in its current condition still? Should I let it die among my friends or try to revive it?

Getting an Xbone soon to play some stuff with friends. They have MCC but haven't touched it in months because of how broken it is, and one if them is considering trading it in. Is it not worth my shekels in its current condition still? Should I let it die among my friends or try to revive it?
It's halo, it's always worth reviving

I'm...torn. Personally, I can't get enough people together for the attempt. When we do, the wonky party system makes it almost enragingly difficult to stay together or hear each other for long. It can be fun, but it's a crap shoot.

willow ve

It's not worth it yet. It might be someday, but that day is not today. Parties seem to have the most trouble searching for matches.

A few days ago there was a stream of 8 players about to some customs. The game wouldn't let them launch a custom game. They eventually gave up.

Yep. I know there are a ton of people who only care about campaign but I'm not one of those. I want those multiplayer modes to work. And if they finally get the game in decent shape I want people to play with, so I have no problem with using games with gold to get it out.

I'd much rather have a working game with a population than a working game that doesn't. We'd still be looking at searching screens.

Haruko

I'd much rather have a working game with a population than a working game that doesn't. We'd still be looking at searching screens.

Same. I'd be a little salty that I paid money for it when it didn't work, but in the end I just want to play some functional Halo.

Top Bottom