• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

daedalius

When I first got to the Composer rig thing at the end of Midnight I was totally expecting a Metroid Prime meets CE thing where the Didact was still invulnerable in his bubble, but sporadically fired stuff at you. In turn, you'd have to keep running to new platforms to damage the hardware and expose ports like in the Maw, with Knights occasionally dotting the arena rather than being thrown at you non-stop. It'd be more about dismantling the environment and using the tech against him rather than outright brawling him, and then from there you could possibly insert Cortana to compose him / damage him / collapse the rig on him / fling him into slipspace, etc.

EDIT: You could also damage stuff to temporarily disable the shielding / composer stuff around the Didact and suspend him in stasis to damage him every so often.

That would have been awesome.

The Metroid Prime collection has prompted me to get a Wii U actually.

Dig it.

Sounds better than bullet sponge boss fights in Destiny at least...

Well, the bosses in Metroid Prime(s) also take a lot of shots to take down as well ;) but I'd say they are on a whole more interactive than most of the Destiny bosses. I dunno, still haven't done the raids because matchmaking.

Haruko

Could always go back to ending every campaign with a good ol' Warthog escape?

Get some mancannon-powered loops going, maybe? Now I want a "Maw" themed Hot Wheels track...

daedalius

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Awesome collection on the Virtual Console if you haven't perused that thoroughly already.

Yea, I love the virtual console on the original Wii, looking forward to seeing all the new stuff they have on there. I've mostly just been holding out till games were coming out that I wanted on Nintendo, would have gotten it sooner had a badass metroid or zelda had come out!

From what I can tell, Destiny "bosses" come in three flavors:

- expose weak point for massive damage, or survive an all-you-can-eat-buffet of murder until you can create a "bane of the boss" weapon

- find weak point for massive damage

- boss poops out cronies which ARE its weak point

Metroid Prime's bosses all follow roughly the same formula:

- get a master's in civil engineering
- read up on the boss room (or boss)'s floor plans while fighting the boss
- figure out where the kryptonite / phazon / shark repellent is in the room (or boss)
- use bosskillium crystals to turn the entire enemy into a weak point
- damage until boss enters Phase II: Angry Boss Mode and starts throwing environmental hazards at you
- repeat

daedalius

From what I can tell, Destiny "bosses" come in three flavors:

- expose weak point for massive damage, or survive an all-you-can-eat-buffet of murder until you can create a "bane of the boss" weapon

- find weak point for massive damage

- boss poops out cronies which ARE its weak point

Metroid Prime's bosses all follow roughly the same formula:

- get a master's in civil engineering
- read up on the boss room (or boss)'s floor plans while fighting the boss
- figure out where the kryptonite / phazon / shark repellent is in the room (or boss)
- use bosskillium crystals to turn the entire enemy into a weak point
- damage until boss enters Phase II: Angry Boss Mode and starts throwing environmental hazards at you
- repeat

Bungie could have looked at all 3 Prime games for boss mechanics, if they had lifted those every boss in every strike would have been massively better.

Also learn2scale bungie, I want to be able to do raids with 2 friends. I don't have 5 friends that play destiny. (actually I guess I currently have 0 friends that play destiny considering we all stopped playing once we figured out there wasn't shit to do anymore, <shakes fist at bungie> I would play if there was more to do in your game than grind bars!)

NERF!!!!!!!
boomco%E2%80%99s-covenant-needler-74857df93c77404c92966d13c49e4146.jpg

7-toyfair-batch2-1080-cbfd3abdb029432997ee9ae5c7dc5f5e.jpg

boomco%E2%80%99s-unsc-smg-blaster-&-covenant-overcharge-blaster-aa55a17f50ef49e997c9ac6478a9a614.jpg

ToyFair
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-at-ny-toy-fair-2015

Tawpgun

That would have been awesome.

The Metroid Prime collection has prompted me to get a Wii U actually.

Well, the bosses in Metroid Prime(s) also take a lot of shots to take down as well ;) but I'd say they are on a whole more interactive than most of the Destiny bosses. I dunno, still haven't done the raids because matchmaking.

What level are you and on what platform?

Try destinylfg.com

If anyone here who quit destiny too early because of its mediocre single player campaign and poop multiplayer please just slog through the grind and level up enough to at least do the Vault of Glass raid.

So gooooood

daedalius

What level are you and on what platform?

Try destinylfg.com

If anyone here who quit destiny too early because of its mediocre single player campaign and poop multiplayer please just slog through the grind and level up enough to at least do the Vault of Glass raid.

So gooooood

I'm on xbone and like, level 28 or something.

I wouldn't mind doing the raids, I do really enjoy raiding in WoW and stuff, I just didn't really have a group for destiny and their social tools are completely mediocre.

Maybe I'll check out destinylfg at some point when my son is down for a nap.

Impala26

I wouldn't mind doing the raids, I do really enjoy raiding in WoW and stuff, I just didn't really have a group for destiny and their social tools are completely mediocre.

I'm in the same boat--Level 28 Titan and have yet to actually try the Raid.

Should we attempt to get something together this/next weekend perhaps?

I heard some scrub named Mix and Zoojoo have been playing Destiny lately...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
They can't pass Microsoft's Rigorous QA to be deemed worthy of being on the console.

lol

Ahhh...I the accessibility gauntlet of tool tips and in-game crutches!

Hell, I bet there's some rule for shooters that require all shooters released 2014 and beyond require ADS.

daedalius

I'm in the same boat--Level 28 Titan and have yet to actually try the Raid.

Should we attempt to get something together this/next weekend perhaps?

I heard some scrub named Mix and Zoojoo have been playing Destiny lately...

I can't ever schedule anything because of a certain baby human. This is why matchmaking is amazing.

Mix send me a FR on xbone!

SaganIsGOAT

Why do the gun models and arm models in Halo 2:A Campaign look like they are constantly shifting around and morphing?? Watch the video in fullscreen to see what I am talking about. They are all shaky.

Linky

This Knight had issues teleporting.

pf4tyLP.gif

Madness

I wish indie arena shooters would release on consoles...

Same, I could see myself playing this over and over, especially if Halo keeps moving in the other direction. I've already left most of the story/lore behind, for me, it's about the gameplay, and I don't necessarily like where they've taken it.

Movement speed and strafe looks good, weapons too. It's probably more halo like than halo itself. Or at least the direction it should of gone, instead of the one they went.

Yeah, will have to see more, how more maps play. If it does come to consoles, they'll have to remember that people will be playing with a controller, and to tweak accordingly. I'm really liking how they all move at one consistent speed on foot.

With the huge sale slated for the weekend, most assumed that they'd launch the patch this week, and that the sale would be the first action to try to get people back in the game.

It's a fair assumption. Unfortunately it isn't based on any real news I don't think. This is seriously their best chance to "re-launch" the game. They better get on that shit real quick.

I mean, they missed launch, missed christmas, missed after-christmas gift card spending, are they really going to miss the huge sale?

I'm really hoping that the patch is ready by the end of the week. Not because I'm in a big hurry, shits been shit for months now, but because I want the game to have a longlasting population and this train has missed every stop so far. It's a real good opportunity to bring the game back to life.

Fingers crossed!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Is there a website that's keeping a daily tab on MCC's update history plus what is the current number of days since release?

:) I figure someone has built a "counter" website. Kinda like, the count down to new years.

Madness

Is there a website that's keeping a daily tab on MCC's update history plus what is the current number of days since release?

:) I figure someone has built a "counter" website. Kinda like, the count down to new years.

It's been 98 days since release. We haven't had a patch since that lowered menu volume one back on January 19th, and before that the last patch came on the 22nd of December.

Welfare

It's been 98 days since release. We haven't had a patch since that lowered menu volume one back in January. We've had one patch since around Christmas time.

Can't wait for day 100.

That's when the patch drops.

100 fixes.

BELIEVE
And a single one won't be a pop counter

Computer

It's been 98 days since release. We haven't had a patch since that lowered menu volume one back on January 19th, and before that the last patch came on the 22nd of December.

The silence is deafening.

I refuse to play the MCC until it is fixed and my patience is a all but gone.

Impala26

I can't ever schedule anything because of a certain baby human. This is why matchmaking is amazing.

Mix send me a FR on xbone!

Oh wait that's right... Daddylius

Trust me, the idea of playing Destiny isn't entirely savory to me in general, but playing a Raid with HaloGAF folks--that could be something.

They don't care about population numbers. If you want to go "on strike", return the game and don't buy Halo 5. Simple as that.

Oh wait that's right... Daddylius

Trust me, the idea of playing Destiny isn't entirely savory to me in general, but playing a Raid with HaloGAF folks--that could be something.

I've Raided with HaloGAF peeps, it was fun.

Never touching the VoG again, though.

They don't care about population numbers. If you want to go "on strike", return the game and don't buy Halo 5. Simple as that.

I've Raided with HaloGAF peeps, it was fun.

Never touching the VoG again, though.

VoG when you're 31 is sooooooo much less of a pain. Still not that much fun though.

I'll totally raid with HaloGaf. Just say when and I'm in (schedule permitting)

Madness

Wonder if us Halo players should go on strike, even though they already have our money.

Like make the population sink big time.

You have to have a population to sink first. The game is dead. Even streaming wise, games like Black Ops II have 5 times the viewers MCC has. No one is playing it, no one is watching it. Pretty sure they can see that the population for the game is dead.

Welfare

You have to have a population to sink first. The game is dead. Even streaming wise, games like Black Ops II have 5 times the viewers MCC has. No one is playing it, no one is watching it. Pretty sure they can see that the population for the game is dead.

Halo 4 might have more population than MCC.

Akai__

So, according to that Toy Fair thing, that flying thing is indeed Forerunner and it's called Promethean Phaeton Gunship.

That's pretty cool. Hoping for even more vehicles now.

More at this link!

Intereting:

“There are some characters showcased here that we’re not ready to reveal yet, but we’ll let the fans speculate on who they might be,” Monosmith teased.

singhr1

So, according to that Toy Fair thing, that flying thing is indeed Forerunner and it's called Promethean Phaeton Gunship.

That's pretty cool. Hoping for even more vehicles now.

It also hints that the Scorpion toy represents a new Scorpion design.

Also:
&#8220;There are some characters showcased here that we&#8217;re not ready to reveal yet, but we&#8217;ll let the fans speculate on who they might be,&#8221; Monosmith teased.

Monosmith is the marketing manager of community products at 343i.

Why do the gun models and arm models in Halo 2:A Campaign look like they are constantly shifting around and morphing?? Watch the video in fullscreen to see what I am talking about. They are all shaky.

Linky

This Knight had issues teleporting.

pf4tyLP.gif

damn, that's some "wahrer spent 5 minutes slapping together a .gif for a cheap laugh or two" quality work

Tawpgun

Send Tawpgun a fr. I'd be down to run it.

Destinylfg is real good but might be tough to get a group since you're a first timer. I can def help get people going. VoG is the best coop FPS experience I think I've ever played. Going in blind was a treat

daedalius

Send Tawpgun a fr. I'd be down to run it.

Destinylfg is real good but might be tough to get a group since you're a first timer. I can def help get people going. VoG is the best coop FPS experience I think I've ever played. Going in blind was a treat

I will, but scheduling anything is an impossibility :p

Also sounds like I'd be better served just playing through metroid prime(s) again, heh.

Top Bottom