• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

Honestly when they come out to present, that crowd better boo them out of the building.

Doubt that would happen. E3 press conferences are not open to public and the press wouldn't dare to boo them out.

Even if it would be open to public, people would probably be hyped for the new stuff and "forget" about the MCC in that moment.

I can't believe it's been almost a month since the last patch.

I can't believe it's been almost 100 days since the game came out and it still doesn't work.

Time flies like crazy.

Mistel

Banned
Honestly can't imagine how it'll play with Sprint.
Might be like the cage that's lockout esque.
Yeah, will have to see more, how more maps play. If it does come to consoles, they'll have to remember that people will be playing with a controller, and to tweak accordingly. I'm really liking how they all move at one consistent speed on foot.
Watching a bit more of it I really like the map design for the larger areas which are down really nicely, There's a lot of variety in them but it's probably a bit disingenuous to compare them to btb maps due to the scale, Toxikk's large maps seem to be bigger than the invasion maps in reach are.

Toxikk BTB map / mode came out today....i think if you like Halo BTB you will LOVE this.

lol at having air units named Banshee and Phantom

I really hate their pitch for the game, though. All of the "NO DUMB THINGS" descriptors really don't do a whole lot in telling me what the game actually does do. Like, focus on what it does have, not what it doesn't. "NO LOADOUTS / CLASSES / LEVELLING" is just as easily "EQUAL FOOTING STARTS," etc.

RBK

Banned
They'll expand the map. I thought about Midship not being in Halo 5 unless they made some type of expansion and/or adjustments b'cuz there's no way sprint would work on a tiny map.

I mean yeah, but Truth doesn't hold a candle to Midship/Heretic.

Honestly when they come out to present, that crowd better boo them out of the building.

I would think they'll "clear the air" before their next big public showing. Also don't you think the staff over there aren't just as pissed off as the players? Situation sucks but the next patch needs to really stablise the platform, parties and MCC/matchmaking, especially given the time taken. I miss playing Halo but I'll wait and play again when working.

Fingers crossed Aussie population and dedis really deliver.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Doubt that would happen. E3 press conferences are not open to public and the press wouldn't dare to boo them out.

Even if it would be open to public, people would probably be hyped for the new stuff and "forget" about the MCC in that moment.

I was there at the H4 campaign reveal and tons of 343 staff was there repping their game. If no one else will cheer, they'll cheer for themselves. Which is perfectly fine.

Maybe I'm the only one and I generally only stick to the Halo 4 and Rumble pit playlist but I'm getting games and not having many problems. I have had the bug where a game ends early a couple times but nothing crashing like it used to. And parties still have some difficulties but it's leagues better. I've had some genuinely fun games with teammates the last few nights.

I mean my xbone is having issues reading games but that's not the MCC specifically.

So if they can make matchmaking a bit faster and clean up the other remaining bugs ill be happier, I just want people to play with.

Wasp

I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on Halo 2 level Delta Halo on Legendary in local co-op, was finally almost near the end when the game froze and reset to dashboard so we lost all progress in the level (because there's no checkpoint saves in co-op). This is the third goddamn time this has happened on this level alone.

Microsoft should suspend development on Halo 5, delay it to 2016, and spend all resources into fixing TMMC as a priority.

Booshka

I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on Halo 2 level Delta Halo on Legendary in local co-op, was finally almost near the end when the game froze and reset to dashboard so we lost all progress in the level (because there's no checkpoint saves in co-op). This is the third goddamn time this has happened on this level alone.

Microsoft should suspend development on Halo 5, delay it to 2016, and spend all resources into fixing TMMC as a priority.

Halo 5 will make Microsoft money, fixing MCC will not.

Might be Delta Halo, exact same thing happened to me right at the end of the level.

daedalius

When is that patch supposed to hit? I got into one game of btb pretty fast then subsequently it just sat there doing nothing.

Also, for the record, I've had 0 problems with campaign.

RBK

Banned
Don't want to make or bump a thread, but if Epic can release that new Unreal Tournament on PS4/XB1(it's F2P anyways), it'll be greatly appreciated.

Madness

They already made their money with MCC, Microsoft already got a lot of console sales. From a cost/profit standpoint, fixing MCC means nothing really, especially since Halo 5 beta was warmly received. Fixing MCC is now on the backburner, despite what they say, because they need Halo 5 to sell 5-10 million copies. The new bundles, the new toys, the new books, that's all going to make them money.

Who's going to complain about MCC not being fixed? It's been largely ignored by the games media, at best, what, a several hundred posters in the various communities will bring up MCC isn't fixed, but it'll be drowned out by the people more excited for Halo 5.

Omni

Only problems I have with campaign are checkpoints not working. I've ran through Halo 2 like three times now and I don't think I noticed it freezing on Delta Halo

Flandy

Master Chief Collection won't install past 97%. Is that because Live is down or because the game is broken. Though I wasn't having any problems downloading the update even though live had been down for an hour :\

Impala26

If you don't mind rushing through it it will only take like 30 min to an hour depending on the group

Tawps, I'm making it your job to see myself and like 2-3 Raid virgins through the VoG sometime. Daddylius is a preferable teammate, but obviously he's got some "scheduling" issues as of late. But I'm definitely game as I'd like to judge it personally.

I want it to be clear that while I harp on Destiny, in no means do I actually HATE it. It's a solid experience, but I just wished the game offered more--it just ends up feeling "small" to me. I find myself constantly going back to Halo or Pokemon (or Metroid lately) to be honest because I'm not feeling the grindy aspects of it. Present-Day Bungie could learn a whole lot about interesting enemy encounters in a sci-fi setting from a niche studio like Retro.

Ghazi

I never thought I'd see "El Risitas" on Halogaf. LOL.

Edit: I just saw a variation of that video on another thread (The Order) Is it a trend now? Is it like the new "Angry Hitler" video? LMAO.

There was a screencap of a part of it for Destiny in the Destiny OT, so I guess so.

Impala26

Edit: I just saw a variation of that video on another thread (The Order) Is it a trend now? Is it like the new "Angry Hitler" video? LMAO.

If it is, then it's the "Fuck Yeah Seaking" to Hitler's "I Heard U Liek Mudkips"--similar and good on it's own right, but simply not better than the original.

Flandy

Playing halo for the first time right now. Pretty impressed with make over they did to halo ce. Looks like an early 360 game

Mix

based on it's Megabloks version, the new Promethean enemies seem pretty cool.
mega3-1496034d22af4cb79a4e38ceefc1261d.jpg

Also, Chief and Arby with a black warthog
mega5-29211cd3f370413084593e9b3f01d023.jpg

Makes you wonder if you'll get to see chief and arby side by side again.

Booshka

Playing halo for the first time right now. Pretty impressed with make over they did to halo ce. Looks like an early 360 game

Nice, hope you enjoy it, be sure to use plenty of Grenades and Covenant weapons, all of the weapons have their uses in Campaign. Covenant weapons are especially deadly against shields, and stun enemies, so don't just stick to the usual Human weapons.

I'm still geeking out over the BOOMco guns. Especially the SMG. Kinda wish there was one version of the Plasma Pistol with alt fire instead of two different kinds, but that's a small complaint

Apparently, but with 100% less Hitler.

(You're all welcome)

Takashi

Out of curiosity, just how fast does an internet connection need to be for a stable online experience? Cause idk if it's due to my lightning fast 1 down/.5 up, or if it's just MCC doing its thing, but matches have been especially laggy for me tonight. IIRC mutli for most games doesn't require that fast of a speed, and I usually don't encounter anything this bad in other games, so I'm hoping it's just the latter.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey homies. I leave for a few months and I don't even recognize half the people here, weird. How's MCC these days? I really miss Halo. I sold my XB1 cause my interest in games plummeted and the MCC pissed me off, and I figured I'd take the opportunity to unplug from games for a while and get other stuffd one. But I'd like to get into it again if MCC ever works right.

Also, Chief and Arby with a black warthog
mega5-29211cd3f370413084593e9b3f01d023.jpg

Makes you wonder if you'll get to see chief and arby side by side again.
Wow, this makes me really excited. Can't wait to see the in-game versions.

Impala26

Hey homies. I leave for a few months and I don't even recognize half the people here, weird. How's MCC these days? I really miss Halo. I sold my XB1 cause my interest in games plummeted and the MCC pissed me off, and I figured I'd take the opportunity to unplug from games for a while and get other stuffd one. But I'd like to get into it again if MCC ever works right.

95143-well-well-well-gif-doctor-who-p51K.gif

Top Bottom