• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok what the fuck, what can I do against these stupid server issues, everybody can play, except me, I just read the bulletin part about this again, what is this shit how do I get this away :(

J10

Banned
Is JiP even necessary now that each playlist is dedicated to a gametype and you can spawn with the weapons you want? Seems redundant now that the chances you'll get something you don't want in matchmaking are pretty slim.

Korosenai

Hmm my game is glitching. I don't have any of my weapon skins and when I checked my specializations I only have two. Anyone else notice this?

Rev3rb

Is JiP even necessary now that each playlist is dedicated to a gametype and you can spawn with the weapons you want? Seems redundant now that the chances you'll get something you don't want in matchmaking are pretty slim.

It's nice when half the other team quits out or people on your team quit out. Not enjoying jumping into games where we're already down by 100-200

People have things come up where they can no longer play. Of course join in progress is necessary. I don't understand how so many people are against it.

Man, people really love Valhalla. God, give it it's own playlist. Let me play the other maps.

What confuses me about this is that 343 knows how broken the voting system was in Reach, yet they implement the same exact thing.

Am I being naive in thinking that Gears of War's voting system is the best way any game's done it? Vote for one of two maps, if a tie it goes to a veto and a random 3rd map is chosen. You know.. a mix between Halo 3 and Reach/4 ;[

JackHerer

Holy shit. Camo. Way too good in this game. You really cannot see them at all when they are still.

Also, I really hope fileshares will be fixed soon. I want to play more custom games. I'm already getting bored of matchmaking because there are only a few decent maps. I played on a Sanctuary remake the other day which was fairly decent. Instant respawn kinda messes the flow up though.

senador

Banned
Maybe it's just the honeymoon phase, but I don't really have any major qualms with multiplayer. Gun play feels so good and every weapon is fun to use. Ordnance is fun and doesn't bother me, especially if you watch and see what was dropped. I haven't found weapon drops to be dominant yet.

DMRs haven't bothered me on large maps at all. Flanking and sprint makes it easy to get around to fight from different positions. I'm even BRing DMR users at long range, though better players will win that fight.

So far my biggest issues are: camo is absolute bullshit, Complex sucks for slayer, Abandon CTF is extremely biased towards blue team. I have no idea how that got through play tests.

Based on some of the feedback here, many if you don't seem to know what you actually want. I'm convinced some will never be satisfied with Halo again.

TheOddOne

What confuses me about this is that 343 knows how broken the voting system was in Reach, yet they implement the same exact thing.

Am I being naive in thinking that Gears of War's voting system is the best way any game's done it? Vote for one of two maps, if a tie it goes to a veto and a random 3rd map is chosen. You know.. a mix between Halo 3 and Reach/4 ;[
How about just no voting, let the system pick the map. Yeah, kind of drastic but more maps would get played this way.

mhi

So after two host switches, I returned unable to sprint.

Am gonna assume it's not a glitch and 343 is just holding out on us.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I had some connection stuff happen last night for two or three games but that was my first problem since launch night for only a single game.

Netcode has held up well with me, also anyone going to be on late tonight? I won't be on till 12PM EST, have to watch HBO and showtime shows tonight but will be on for a couple hours afterwards.

JackHerer

So far my experience with join in progress as been largely negative. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I frequently get put in matches where we are down 30 kills. I got put in one in BTB that was 360-960. There is an inherent problem with JIP in that 90% of the time people quit, it is because they are getting destroyed and the other team has all the advantageous weapons, vehicles, etc. It is never fun to spawn into a game like that on the losing side.

And it doesn't seem to work when I really need it to. I've had numerous games were we start down a player or two and it does not give us a teammate the entire match. Why does this game start matches when the teams are uneven? I'm not even talking about people quitting out. It starts games with uneven sides. This never happened in previous Halos.

why are all the medals the same color wtf
It's a shame really. I don't even see the medals at all when I'm playing now because they are all pretty much the same unless I look at them carefully. In Reach the differentiation between the medals was really good. Headshot was purple, double kill was yellow, overkill orange, etc. They may as well not even appear on the screen in game the way they are now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. Camo. Way too good in this game. You really cannot see them at all when they are still.
One of my biggest gameplay frustrations with the game so far. And the new radar jammer effect makes it even more difficult to triangulate and locate them. It's terrible. People weren't using it much the first few days after launch, but I'm seeing it more and more...

senador

Banned
Man, people really love Valhalla. God, give it it's own playlist. Let me play the other maps.

I really like the map. I think it plays great. I don't want to play it every match though. Let me play some of the new ones! At this point I've only played Exile, Meltdown, and Longbow about twice each.

One of my biggest gameplay frustrations with the game so far. And the new radar jammer effect makes it even more difficult to triangulate and locate them. It's terrible. People weren't using it much the first few days after launch, but I'm seeing it more and more...

Same. It really really really should have been a power up. I'm pretty disappointed its still an AA.

Havok

Why would the game think it's okay to put me into a King match where my team is losing 147-29? The score limit is 150.

C'mon.

Some of the commendations seem to be really strangely structured. I have the Extermination commendation maxed out already after just a few days, which is for killing every player on the team in a match. Then you've got the Perfection commendation, which requires so many instances of such a rare event that I'm not convinced more than 1% of the population will ever max it out. Why? To even reach rank 1 of the Perfection commendation, you need 5 perfections. For perspective, as a good-not-great Halo player, bungie.net shows me having 6 Perfections in Reach ever. I know guys like Plywood go after them purposely and have a bunch, but that's a distinct outlier.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So from the few experience I've had against Camo, I haven't quite pin pointed how to spot him on radar. It looks like there are many hollow blips and then one solid, filled in blip which represents the player using it. Can anyone confirm?

Why would the game think it's okay to put me into a King match where my team is losing 147-29? The score limit is 150.

C'mon.

This I'll never know. Once either team achieves 50% of the score required to win the game should be considered closed.

JIP should be fixing early quitters and uneven matchmaking's, not evening out stale games.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
People have things come up where they can no longer play. Of course join in progress is necessary. I don't understand how so many people are against it.

Most of the people that have an issue with it are the purists and/or the people that are uber competitive.

So from the few experience I've had against Camo, I haven't quite pin pointed how to spot him on radar. It looks like there are many hollow blips and then one solid, filled in blip which represents the player using it. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know, what I have noticed is the person using it is A LOT easier to spot.

JackHerer

JIP makes win/loss ratio absolutely meaningless. When they come out with CSR they need have specific playlists for it that don't allow JIP.

I don't know, what I have noticed is the person using it is A LOT easier to spot.
When they are moving this is absolutely the case. When they aren't moving though they are pretty much completely invisible even if you are looking right at them from two feet away.

How about just no voting, let the system pick the map. Yeah, kind of drastic but more maps would get played this way.

I'd normally agree with this, but there should always be a way to vote against Adrift CTF. A better system than that would just be Halo 3's veto then, see the map and if you don't like it take your chances with another possibly worse one (lol when Isolation used to pop up after a veto in H3).

Kind of an awkward time to post this considering the other posts but I thought I'd start my legendary playthrough and see if it changes my opinion on the first 2/3s and Campaign as a whole,
First level, blow through easily.
Second level, fight through that big open area with the 3/4 Covenant settlements, finally kill them and go through the tunnel behind to the next area to where the fuel rod grunt kills me.

And the checkpoint takes me back to before I fought the last big group in the open area, about 10 minutes previously.

*controller down* If that's the kind of experience the designers said they're happy to ship with.. then I'm surprised. How is check pointing such an issue for them?

I love the voting system.

Play a smaller playlist where you have more of a say. Play with friends so you control half of the vote. Instead of being a victim, you'll be able to choose the next map every time. That's been my experience. We even voted in Ragnarok twice because it's a classic CTF map that's a blast to play. And also because we hate most gaffers, apparently.

If I had to guess, many of people complaining about both the voting system and netcode have been playing too much Big Team. I think it's unfortunately the worst mode in Halo 4. Most of the maps are just too small for that player count, and the game can't seem to handle that many people at once. As well, if you go into Big Team alone, you might as well not have a vote.

I'd normally agree with this, but there should always be a way to vote against Adrift CTF. A better system than that would just be Halo 3's veto then, see the map and if you don't like it take your chances with another possibly worse one (lol when Isolation used to pop up after a veto in H3).

lol

People who are against voting should just be told about this every time they bring it up. Those situations suuuuuuuuuuucked

senador

Banned
Oh one more qualm: I'm not a fan of automatic weapons, but I'm glad they are worth a damn this time around, however I think they are a tad too powerful.

I like the multiplayer a lot more than I thought I would, even with its flaws.
I'm gonna kill someone if I have to play another match on Ragnarok though, 90% of my BTB matches have been on that map.

kylej

Banned
wow i just loaded waypoint to check my stats online for the first time

WTF is that??????????

Zm1ES.png

redxfv4.jpg

Prologue

I noticed how much depth there is to the halo story on wiki. Kind of made me wonder what was the point of Halo 1-Halo 3 in regards to the story. Seems to be a lot going on in the halo world. The books seem interesting though, maybe I'll pick those up.

Pop

Ok what the fuck, what can I do against these stupid server issues, everybody can play, except me, I just read the bulletin part about this again, what is this shit how do I get this away :(

Servers were down for me 10 mins ago. All I did was backed out to the dashboard and started H4 back up. Did the trick.

Stats are weird. I'm getting different win/loss stats based on where I look.

Discrepancies in In-game, Overall, and Individual gametypes section...Not sure my Win/Loss because of it.

Also can you just mirror image bungie stats. This new things is cool and all but it worked before so you dont really need to fix it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Servers were down for me 10 mins ago. All I did was backed out to the dashboard and started H4 back up. Did the trick.

Still not working, I can't even count how many times I did that, I don't know I think I'm going to play a game with better servers

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Halo implements join in progress

Search times longer than ever

No public beta was needed.

Search times increase the larger your party is. I've had the same issues in COD. If you go solo or with 1 or 2 friends it's still quick as hell.

Plus, it looks like the servers are still taking a shit.

Top Bottom