• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Hey guys, i'm new here, i'm about as frustrated with Halo 4 as you guys are, i hope i can save halo w/ you guys, etc, etc, #HGS or whatever.

On a side note, i think those little player profiles that 343 are kind of cool, just saw the one for Goofy.

Mix

Hey guys, i'm new here, i'm about as frustrated with Halo 4 as you guys are, i hope i can save halo w/ you guys, etc, etc, #HGS or whatever.

On a side note, i think those little player profiles that 343 are kind of cool, just saw the one for Goofy.

Welcome! Try to avoid that junior hate that HaloGAF so readily throws out... BITCH
I just want to fit in

Fracas

#fuckonami

Howdy ho

Feel free to add me on Live if you want someone to play Halo/BF3/whatever with. My gamertag is the same as my GAF name.

Howdy ho

Feel free to add me on Live if you want someone to play Halo/BF3/whatever with. My gamertag is the same as my GAF name.

I appreciate the offer, but my Live ran out a couple months ago, I might get it back in a couple weeks, maybe not, I'm just sort of biding my time for next-gen, in the hopes that Halo 5/One/V/Eggheads Strikes Back will get me back into the game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
whoa,how much did the 3rd sell in a week?

Not 100% sure but SR3 sold around 5 million total I believe, so IV is on a good pace to break that. :p

I'm finally starting to play Crackdown and despite the shitty controls, it's pretty fun. Are the two similar in what you can do?

Yeah, I'd say so. Saints has a far better story than Crackdown as well, much funnier. Also a ton of awesome weapons and stuff to do.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I had fun with IV, but it felt painfully obvious that it was originally an expansion.

I'm there day one for next gen Saint's Row though. Especially if (SR IV spoiler ahead - I guess that's a thing)
the Saints travel through time

What would your guys' dream gametype list be? Answers other than "all the gaems let us do what we want" would be preferable.

Two sets of playstyles:

-Ranked (basically Legendary BRs with higher speeds and no Sprint, AAs, Perks, 25M Teammates Only radar)

-Social (Pro with BR/Sprint, Carbine/Thruster, Light Rifle/Double Jump loadouts, no other AAs/perks, 40M motion tracker)

Gametypes include:

Slayer
CTF
Assault
Oddball
King of the Hill / Extraction hybrid
Regicide / VIP hybrid
Territories
Grifball
Ricochet
Invasion 2.0
Infection
"Insane" (Reach's developmental wildcard gametype)

Nowise10

I had fun with IV, but it felt painfully obvious that it was originally an expansion.

I'm there day one for next gen Saint's Row though. Especially if (SR IV spoiler ahead - I guess that's a thing)
the Saints travel through time

Near the end of the game
when it glitches out and the original Saints Row Menu pops up, coding appears on the screen and one line says
"Dead Island x Saints Row Coming 2015"

What would your guys' dream gametype list be? Answers other than "all the gaems let us do what we want" would be preferable.

Two sets of playstyles:

-Ranked (basically Legendary BRs with higher speeds and no Sprint, AAs, Perks, 25M Teammates Only radar)

-Social (Pro with BR/Sprint, Carbine/Thruster, Light Rifle/Double Jump loadouts, no other AAs/perks, 40M motion tracker)

Gametypes include:

Slayer
CTF
Assault
Oddball
King of the Hill / Extraction hybrid
Regicide / VIP hybrid
Territories
Grifball
Ricochet
Invasion 2.0
Infection
"Insane" (Reach's developmental wildcard gametype)

Here it is ; )

Slayer
Team Slayer
Rockets
Swords
Snipers
Phantoms
Team Phantoms
Elimination
Phantom Elimination
King
Team King
Phantom King
Crazy King
Team Crazy King
Oddball
Rocketball
Swordball
Team Ball
Low Ball
Fiesta
Juggernaut
2 on 1
3 on 1
Ninjanaut
Phantom Fodder
Dreadnaut
Multi Flag CTF
CTF Classic
1 Flag CTF
1 Flag CTF Fast
Multi Bomb
Single Bomb
Single Bomb Fast
Neutral Bomb
Blast Resort
Territories
3 Plots
Land Grab
Gold Rush
Control Issues
Contention

They also have the benefit of launching on new hardware with 50 gb blu-ray discs. They'll probably continue the use of the modified Reach engine. Add in the target 1080p/60fps gameplay etc.

God, I hope not. From the rumors a swirlin', the Halo 4 engine is a spaghetti-coded mess of epic proportions.

I'm prepared to blame 60% of Halo 4's problems on having to hack together things on top of the already questionable Reach engine, which was extended from the Halo 3 engine, which itself was a highly modified Halo 2 engine, which was a revamped CE engine, which was originally supposed to be for an RTS game on Mac.

Also: first post

Fracas

#fuckonami
I bought some FPS Freeks from the MS store (figured they were worth a shot for $4), and they feel sooooo weird. People use them, so I guess they do help, but this is going to take a while to get used to.

I think it's only reasonable that I lead the HaloGAF GTA5 Criptastic New Guard Guild. Our rivals, old guard known as the HaloGAF Bad Blood Kids, are constantly fighting us for turf in Los Santos.

TheOddOne

I think it's only reasonable that I lead the HaloGAF GTA5 Criptastic New Guard Guild. Our rivals, old guard known as the HaloGAF Bad Blood Kids, are constantly fighting us for turf in Los Santos.
Team Juices vs Team Graphics vs Deadly Cyclone.

Turf war.

God, I hope not. From the rumors a swirlin', the Halo 4 engine is a spaghetti-coded mess of epic proportions.

I'm prepared to blame 60% of Halo 4's problems on having to hack together things on top of the already questionable Reach engine, which was extended from the Halo 3 engine, which itself was a highly modified Halo 2 engine, which was a revamped CE engine, which was originally supposed to be for an RTS game on Mac.

What rumors? I like spaghetti and Halo.
By the looks of Halo 4, they must be having problems with the engine bcuz the game plays like crap. Im not trying to bash 343's game but the Levels & A.I. are poop in comparison to its predecessors. It feels off playing campaign. And MP speaks for itself.

So where did this "new DLC" rumor come from?

There was a listing for a panel at Pax this weekend.

It's under Sunday's listings

Now that I think about it, and having re-read the way it is listed in the Twitch blog, it could be about the new Spartan Assault DLC. Since in the blog it isn't listed as New Halo 4 DLC, just New Halo DLC.
This was what my thought process was. But who knows at this point, I'm still holding out for Spartan Ops Season 2.

belushy

Banned
Now that I think about it, and having re-read the way it is listed in the Twitch blog, it could be about the new Spartan Assault DLC. Since in the blog it isn't listed as New Halo 4 DLC, just New Halo DLC.

Team Juices vs Team Graphics vs Deadly Cyclone.

Turf war.

This is definitely a thing that should happen.

TkntYW7.jpg

God, more juniors shitting up the place...

I agree with everything you just said.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There is a lyric in the Imagine Dragons song "Reach" that goes:

and I think of you every time lol
Hah, cool. And weird. I have a ton of complaints about Reach, but about 60% of them could be solved by improved playlist management. *HINT HINT 343*

I wouldn't be opposed to a new engine for Halo 5, but I have no idea how long that takes to code, I'm not a programmer.

As long as it feels like Halo, (no pun intended) I'm not picky.

Holy shit, are we at HaloGAF fan fiction finally?

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Yeah that's fine, but I'd still say they're closer to "traditional" Halo (which I assume means Halo 1-3 style) than Quake Live is.

I mean more in spirit than technical similarities I suppose.

If you like a game where aim, map control, and movement are what counts and is designed so that the best man wins then Quake is much more similar to Halo 1-3 than Reach or Halo 4 is.

Top Bottom