• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Already got off. Spawn trapped on zealot. Shitty host selection today. Fuck Reach.

Real fucking happy that the broken as fuck Zealot 2 Flag is still in the fucking game for other teams to exploit and spawncamp you with, so of course other teams are still going to fucking vote it in. Probably still going to be fucking there after the consolidation too. Fuck everything.

The exploit has been known for months, either fix your damn maps or remove it. And of course it's in the first fucking slot.

Team had host, abused it, then when they got up to 2 they just started farming us for kills because WE LITERALLY SPAWN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM

EVEN THE FLAG WAS PARTICIPATING

THIS IS IN A PLAYLIST FOR A MULTIFUCKINGMILLION DOLLAR GAME
idiw4WyzdObeq.gif

I'd just like to state again that Human Revolution is one of the best games I've ever played. I've done both stealthy and run and gun playthroughs so far and need to get my pacifist playthrough done (could have done that during my stealthy playthrough but didn't want to limit myself on my first go). Also the DLC is great, it is a side-story set during roughly 2/3 through the game. It functions separately to the main game though, so you can either play the main game to that point in the story and go and play the DLC, then come back, or just play it after the main game.

My man Myke speaks the truth! Can't stop saying how much I loved the game. From gameplay to the settings to the story. Absolutely brilliant. You planning on buying Dishonored? Looks a bit like Deus ex and Bioshock combined.

My man Myke speaks the truth! Can't stop saying how much I loved the game. From gameplay to the settings to the story. Absolutely brilliant. You planning on buying Dishonored? Looks a bit like Deus ex and Bioshock combined.

Don't forget the sudden continuity error where it briefly became the number 1 fish & chip shop in the whole world!

I'd just like to state again that Human Revolution is one of the best games I've ever played. I've done both stealthy and run and gun playthroughs so far and need to get my pacifist playthrough done (could have done that during my stealthy playthrough but didn't want to limit myself on my first go). Also the DLC is great, it is a side-story set during roughly 2/3 through the game. It functions separately to the main game though, so you can either play the main game to that point in the story and go and play the DLC, then come back, or just play it after the main game.

Gameplay/ settings and story are all awesome. I have only rented the game though, so I have sort of avoided doing the side missions or exploring the hubs, I have kept saves to go back to them, but to be honest I don't think I would enjoy exploring those cities much, by design they are pretty horrible places. :p

I have also avoided hacking, which means im probably missing some awesome side stories being told through emails, but man hacking every computer is just tedious. I kind of like that the game gives so much flexibility, but with so much of the content being fluff I dont like the idea of spending so much time seeing it all.

As a shooter im not sure I like the game, the inventory system makes it near impossible to experiment and see which weapon I prefer. I get the feeling the weapons I have are fairly crappy compared to the weapons I could have, but it feels like its too late as ive spend money modding them up. I barely use them though, im sneaking through, which seems to be the better way to play the game.

I am finding more and more often though, that there are very convenient vents to help me bypass entire groups of enemies, I am abusing the hell out of those, but it doesn't really feel like a stealth game when I do that, just feels like I found a lucky route. Which in its own right is pretty cool.

Gameplay/ settings and story are all awesome. I have only rented the game though, so I have sort of avoided doing the side missions or exploring the hubs, I have kept saves to go back to them, but to be honest I don't think I would enjoy exploring those cities much, by design they are pretty horrible places. :p

I have also avoided hacking, which means im probably missing some awesome side stories being told through emails, but man hacking every computer is just tedious. I kind of like that the game gives so much flexibility, but with so much of the content being fluff I dont like the idea of spending so much time seeing it all.

As a shooter im not sure I like the game, the inventory system makes it near impossible to experiment and see which weapon I prefer. I get the feeling the weapons I have are fairly crappy compared to the weapons I could have, but it feels like its too late as ive spend money modding them up. I barely use them though, im sneaking through, which seems to be the better way to play the game.

I am finding more and more often though, that there are very convenient vents to help me bypass entire groups of enemies, I am abusing the hell out of those, but it doesn't really feel like a stealth game when I do that, just feels like I found a lucky route. Which in its own right is pretty cool.

I didn't really play Deus ex like a shooter either. I just used as little of the guns as possible and when I did use a gun, I used the non lethal ones. You're right that most guns aren't that useful. I personally only used the stun gun, tranquilize rifle, pistol, sniper and the PEPS. I thought the other guns were pretty useless. Also, you can get a quick menu for selecting weapons and grenades by holding RB or LB.

Where are you now in the game atm?

I didn't really play Deus ex like a shooter either. I just used as little of the guns as possible and when I did use a gun, I used the non lethal ones. You're right that most guns aren't that useful. I personally only used the stun gun, tranquilize rifle, pistol, sniper and the PEPS. I thought the other guns were pretty useless. Also, you can get a quick menu for selecting weapons and grenades by holding RB or LB.

Where are you now in the game atm?

I have returned to Hengsha for the second time and have been told to visit a Limb Clinic to upgrade my augmentation chip. How far through the game is that? I have kind of blitzed through it.

As far as weapons go, I have kept that tranq rifle from the first mission, and use that as a Sniper, I have a Assault Rifle which I have modded up (guns awful, I wish I didn't bother with it, hardly find ammo anywhere.), and im keeping a heavy machine rifle for bosses.

I hardly use any of those weapons though, most of the game im just completely dodging any interaction with enemies. If someone is in the way and I need to get past them, im either going for backsmacks, or im using the little stun gun for stealthy takedowns.

The inventory management is annoying me, im tempted to drop my AR for the Revolver every time I see one, but because I don't know how good the thing is I just keep the AR. Im in a similar position with Augs now, I have a bunch of praxis points but im kind of just using them as and when I come across an obstacle, rather than powering my guy up. Im tempted to get the heavy lifting aug, and carry hacked friendly turrets around with me lol, but I guess that would go against my stealth playstyle.

The art style and idea of Hubs really reminds me of ODST.

I have returned to Hengsha for the second time and have been told to visit a Limb Clinic to upgrade my augmentation chip. How far through the game is that? I have kind of blitzed through it.

As far as weapons go, I have kept that tranq rifle from the first mission, and use that as a Sniper, I have a Assault Rifle which I have modded up (guns awful, I wish I didn't bother with it, hardly find ammo anywhere.), and im keeping a heavy machine rifle for bosses.

I hardly use any of those weapons though, most of the game im just completely dodging any interaction with enemies. If someone is in the way and I need to get past them, im either going for backsmacks, or im using the little stun gun for stealthy takedowns.

The inventory management is annoying me, im tempted to drop my AR for the Revolver every time I see one, but because I don't know how good the thing is I just keep the AR. Im in a similar position with Augs now, I have a bunch of praxis points but im kind of just using them as and when I come across an obstacle, rather than powering my guy up. Im tempted to get the heavy lifting aug, and carry hacked friendly turrets around with me lol, but I guess that would go against my stealth playstyle.

Drop the heavy machine gun and upgrade the typhoon. Great against bosses and its ammo takes up less space in the inventory.

Don't know.
No problem. Frankie said we had some new huge ass coliseum walls for flooring purposes, how big are those? like say... 4 coli walls put together?

Can you make certain trait zones specific to certain teams so that only [insert random team color] will be affected by it?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yo Blamite, check the link about for the podcast. I give some instructions on how to get it up and running on Zune. It just won't show up on the marketplace. I did see your post last night but I waited until the podcast was out to respond to it.

JackHerer

So after playing Reach for a few hours last night, I've come to realize that my biggest worry about Halo 4 is how Jetpack is going to be implemented.

Jetpack and Camo have been conspicuously absent from all the gameplay released so far (except for SpOps).

I know there is probably a reason we don't know about them yet and 343 will show us when they are ready. But it would be really nice to have some kind of idea of whether they are at least being changed or not.

JackHerer

Because they haven't been changed at all.

It's either that, or they have been changed and we haven't seen them because they are not yet (or haven't been until recently) "locked".

This is the biggest Q in my mind remaining about Halo 4 because it will greatly affect how much I enjoy its multiplayer.

Myyke

Neo Member

Yeah I just absolutely loved everything about the game. A really, really great story, excellent gameplay and a breathtaking soundtrack. I honestly haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Might take a look at dishonored, although I've never really been a fan of steampunk-style games. Having said that though, I tried Syndicate which is set in a similar cyberpunk style universe to Deus Ex and that was absolutely horrible!

I have to say you are missing out by exploring the hubs through sidemissions! I remember telling Elzar about something that happened to me while snooping around some of the apartments in Detroit. I won't spoil exactly what it was, but it ended up with me going partially deaf as I had my turtle beach's on at full volume. Also shat my pants.

For my stealthy playthrough I specced up quite heavily in hacking and I found it very useful and finding out more about the story, side characters and the general DX:HR universe through emails etc was quite addictive. It does leave you at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to Boss fights, but I found later in the game that there wasn't really a boss fight that a decent weapon (like the grenade launcher) couldn't get you past.

For the rest of the game however, I didn't really need to use weapons on many occasions, during my stealthy playthrough I pretty much ended up incapacitating and then stuffing half the Detroit Police Department into the air vents inside Police HQ lol.

I pretty much relied on the assault rifle as my main lethal weapon throughout both of my playthroughs, but there are clear strengths for most of the weapons once you mod them up (e.g. explosive shells for the revolver). I would usually ditch whatever weapons I had though to make room for the grenade launcher or another power weapon for boss fights though.

I also very much did the same as you after about half way through the game with my praxis points and just saving them incase a scenario came up where I needed to boost certain skills. Also, just out of interest, did you upgrade your Aug chip? That is (I think) roughly about 2/3 of the way through.

Karl2177

Yeah I just absolutely loved everything about the game. A really, really great story, excellent gameplay and a breathtaking soundtrack. I honestly haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Might take a look at dishonored, although I've never really been a fan of steampunk-style games. Having said that though, I tried Syndicate which is set in a similar cyberpunk style universe to Deus Ex and that was absolutely horrible!
You are absolutely horrible!

Myyke - any chance you can pm me the details behind that side mission? Sounds fairly awesome lol.

I think im partially avoiding exploring because a lot of the exploration is pretty drab, I love the art style, but hate the idea of actually spending time navigating the slumlike cities. I also find that while im interested in the wider story, there are just too many computers and too many fluff emails. Hacking everything to peice together the greater story is a bit too much. It makes traversing the environments a bit too long winded. I may check out some of the side missions, but just exploring in itself is a turn off for me, which is a shame because im interested in seeing what's possible and what's hidden away. Seems like im missing out on an awesome backstory, but I just dont have the time or interest for the hacking mini game.

Funnily enough I am at that part now regarding the chip replacement. Someone told me not to do it, which is kind of annoying because it feels like a spoiler, but I guess ill be grateful in the long term lol? I was too lazy to go to the Limb clinic anyway. :p

Also im finding that there are certain segments of the game that dont seem to allow for stealth anymore? The last thing I had to do was to get past a bunch of Triads with Augmentations - to get inside a building, one of the heavies is literally standing outside the door. Theres a good 6-8 of them, and the door itself requires a hack, did you manage to stealth that part? In the end I had to kill them all in the streets of Hengsha lol. I did see a Sewer Entrance nearby, but it looked like the waypoint was directly for the door that was protected, any idea if the sewers had a stealthier approach?

Can you post the smaller one in grey? I haven't decided between the larger or the smaller logo yet, but it's nice to have all the options.

Done.

HaloGAF logo Final Grey Small

Can you make the design bigger on the right side one?

I had the idea of making it big enough so the tips of the wings almost touch the shoulders

I looked into it but you can't. The site gives you a set boundary and these new small logos are as high as they can go on it. It allows them to print more consistently.

So after playing Reach for a few hours last night, I've come to realize that my biggest worry about Halo 4 is how Jetpack is going to be implemented.

Jetpack and Camo have been conspicuously absent from all the gameplay released so far (except for SpOps).

I know there is probably a reason we don't know about them yet and 343 will show us when they are ready. But it would be really nice to have some kind of idea of whether they are at least being changed or not.

the solution to jetpack is to make it so you cant shoot while jetpacking, or make it more of a jump pack. (like the dark trooper in star wars battlefront.) the character jumps straight forward in an arc. goes up high enough to reach a platform normally to high to jump to, but thats it. no flying to the top of the map, no easily navigating on top of a lamp post, very little control. basically a vertical version of thruster pack.

to fix camo, make it less of a camping ability. get rid of current radar jammer, make it so when an invisible player is nearby have the radar get slightly fuzzy, but still work normally. just to let them know an invis player is nearby. also the invis should no longer get weaker the faster you move, it should get weaker if you stand in one place, and stronger while you move. this would encourage the invis player to move, and discourage camo sniping. also the invis should not last very long, like say 3 seconds or so. this would be enough time to sneak around a corner, or be invisible while going from cover to cover. if you sprint it should drain slightly faster. and finally, when you activate camo, your radar dissapears. also, please get rid of sounds going off when invisible, that is so annoying. edit: oh, and shooting should turn it off.

obviously, this is if we have to have them at all.

EDIT: damn, overshadowed by a pic.

levyjl1988

Banned
How do you guys feel about the new Halo 4 armor?
au0WW.jpg

Personally Recon used to be my favourite armor head piece in Halo 3 and Reach, now I guess I'm not a fan of it in Halo 4. I'm sure there will be a different piece of head gear I've come to like but Recon just isn't it anymore.

Talents

Banned
au0WW.jpg

Personally Recon used to be my favourite armor head piece in Halo 3 and Reach, now I guess I'm not a fan of it in Halo 4. I'm sure there will be a different piece of head gear I've come to like but Recon just isn't it anymore.

Bullcrap are those Halo 4 helmets real! They look so... bad compared to the others...

Karl2177

This. This, so many times.

Deus Meh more like, Lolololol.
I haven't played Deus Ex, so I really can't comment on it, but Syndicate was pretty good. The Total Recall reboot really reminds me of the Syndicate environment with the character models, under city, and technology integration.

levyjl1988

Banned
Recon fo lief. And I should clarify, niche gametypes would still be supported via matchmaking. Just not mainline lists at launch.

Do you think we can we get a recon control scheme 2? So there's like 2 Recon control schemes. One for the default ones you built and the other for the fans of LB as sprint and X as reload?

4EvAA.jpg

Myyke

Neo Member
Myyke - any chance you can pm me the details behind that side mission? Sounds fairly awesome lol.

I think im partially avoiding exploring because a lot of the exploration is pretty drab, I love the art style, but hate the idea of actually spending time navigating the slumlike cities. I also find that while im interested in the wider story, there are just too many computers and too many fluff emails. Hacking everything to peice together the greater story is a bit too much. It makes traversing the environments a bit too long winded. I may check out some of the side missions, but just exploring in itself is a turn off for me, which is a shame because im interested in seeing what's possible and what's hidden away. Seems like im missing out on an awesome backstory, but I just dont have the time or interest for the hacking mini game.

Funnily enough I am at that part now regarding the chip replacement. Someone told me not to do it, which is kind of annoying because it feels like a spoiler, but I guess ill be grateful in the long term lol? I was too lazy to go to the Limb clinic anyway. :p

Also im finding that there are certain segments of the game that dont seem to allow for stealth anymore? The last thing I had to do was to get past a bunch of Triads with Augmentations - to get inside a building, one of the heavies is literally standing outside the door. Theres a good 6-8 of them, and the door itself requires a hack, did you manage to stealth that part? In the end I had to kill them all in the streets of Hengsha lol. I did see a Sewer Entrance nearby, but it looked like the waypoint was directly for the door that was protected, any idea if the sewers had a stealthier approach?

PM'd you the side mission that I was talking about earlier :). You will find that if you play through it a second time, with some prep you can actually map out routes through the hubs that allow you complete your side quests efficiently while not having to run around all over the place, it made my second playthrough alot smoother. Most of the side missions will take you to areas where you can do a bit of non-essential exploration for additional benefits (hidden praxis kits, weapons, credits etc).

There are a few sections I am a little worried about when going for my pacifist playthrough, a few instances in Hengsha are among them but I found that in most cases there is either an alternative route (that isn't necessarily waypointed) or a way to clear your objective. There have been more than a few occasions where I would just lob a box or crate to cause guards etc to investigate the noise, then slipping past them quickly. I don't know if you have any but the auto-hack devices are very useful when you need to get through doors quickly aswell!

I haven't played Deus Ex, so I really can't comment on it, but Syndicate was pretty good. The Total Recall reboot really reminds me of the Syndicate environment with the character models, under city, and technology integration.

I've found that people who enjoyed Human Revolution didn't seem to enjoy Syndicate and vice versa. To be fair, they are very different games, Syndicate is a straight up FPS whereas Deus Ex is in many ways like a first person Metal Gear Solid. The universe in both though is similar in many ways.

I like what I've seen so far, they are quite different and I think the sleeker look complements the speed of movement (sprint by default). Less like Tanks and more like Jet Fighters.

Don't know.

I remember hearing that Forge setpieces in 4 are mostly UNSC/Forerunner; is it an even balance contrary to Reach's mostly Forerunner aesthetic, or more Forerunner-oriented? And will we get any Covenant architecture (such as walls, doors, etc) or is Covie stuff just limited to things like batteries and barriers?

I remember hearing that Forge setpieces in 4 are mostly UNSC/Forerunner; is it an even balance contrary to Reach's mostly Forerunner aesthetic, or more Forerunner-oriented? And will we get any Covenant architecture (such as walls, doors, etc) or is Covie stuff just limited to things like batteries and barriers?

really? when did they say this

i want to make a covenant themed map. =(

EDIT: oh, ok. i remember that bulletin, still sucks.

Noricart

really? when did they say this

i want to make a covenant themed map. =(
http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/59

It was mentioned in the Forge demo that there will be multiple Forge environments. Does this mean multiple Forge Worlds with a different setting and theme for each? If so, can we assume different styles of parts for each? - BenPwnsAtGamez

There will be some aesthetic variety we'll talk about later - as well as the obvious inclusion of aesthetics and Forgeable objects from specific maps (Forerunner vs. UNSC objects, depending on the content of the environment), but most objects will be UNSC themed - although there's more to come on that front later.

Blueblur1

Pretty sure that would have a dramatic effect on most playlists.

That I understand and don't mind but I'm sure that you guys would. The only other reasonable request I can think of would be the ability (whether in-game or on Waypoint) to filter out medals from specific playlists when viewing one's acquired medals. It would nice to have even if a lot of users wouldn't use said filters.

Conor 419

Banned
m5Lq9.png

Hello HaloGAF, I'm not sure if you chums have seen this yet. But I think it's fair to say that the Sniper Rifle looks much better these days.

m5Lq9.png

Hello HaloGAF, I'm not sure if you chums have seen this yet. But I think it's fair to say that the Sniper Rifle looks much better these days.

i see someone noticed the scoring thing too. i don't like the new one, it just says whose in first or second, etc. but no clue how close you are to winning. the whole video was in FFA though, so maybe thats only for FFA games.

new snipe looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom