• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the lulz
NotImpressed.jpg

haha.

I knew she was gonna eat it. I sensed that for days. Commentators "There is no more of a guaranteed Gold in any sport, than there is right now". I'm like lol if she falls that shit ain't guaranteed.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I can't see this argument ending any time soon,...

So I'm going to drop some factoids, anyone who disagrees with them, explain why.

• BR is a mid range weapon
  • BR is a utility weapon
  • BR is a load-out primary weapon
  • (assumption) 5sk BR has a slower kill time than 4sk BR
  • Halo 4 is a sandbox shooter
  • Being skilful with a sandbox requires the ability to be skilful with a large subset of the sandbox
  • The BR is one weapon
  • In order to be skilful at the game, there must not be a dominant weapon for the average encounter
  • The BR, as a 4sk, was a dominant power.
  • The BR was nerfed.

Seems pretty logical to me..

Ok, now that I have the chance to use a computer, I will respond to this.

1. Yes, it is most effective at mid range.

2. Yes, it is a utility weapon which means it can be used it all situations with success. It should be beaten by weapons that are in their specific niche however.

3. Yes

4. Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean 5sk in Halo 4 is the same as 4sk in Halo 2/3? Somewhat pointless discussion point though as the comparison should be between the other utility weapons in Halo 4 and not past utility weapons.

5. Sandbox/Arena mix IMO.

6. Not really. You have to be skillful with the weapons that work well. If something is terribly underpowered, no matter how skilled you are with it you will not get very far.

7. One weapon that is meant to fill multiple rolls. The perfect way to describe the BR or any utility weapon is to call it a jack of all trades, master of none.

8. Agreed to an extent. Knowing what weapon to use at specific times requires skill and knowledge but also, some weapons might be more useful in certain situations (i.e AR) but if you're skilled enough with the utility weapon (i.e the BR) you can come out on top.

9. It was a utility weapon, it's meant to be used in more situations than other weapons. In Halo 2, the BR was only dominant because of button glitches. If not for them, the BR would not have dominated everything. Most autos and dual wield combinations could kill faster than the BR. In Halo 3, dual wields and specific niche weapons could kill faster than the BR. The problem was the AR being useless outside of melee range. Also in Halo 3, a lot of the maps were poorly designed which meant the BR was more required than it should have been. (i.e long skinny halls, large open spaces which were required to be crossed etc)

10. It shouldn't have been, the other worthless crap should have been buffed. Look at Halo:CE, the pistol was godly powerful. Instead of nerfing it, Bungie buffed the other weapons which created the most varied and effective sandbox in the history of Halo.

FyreWulff

Real fucking happy that the broken as fuck Zealot 2 Flag is still in the fucking game for other teams to exploit and spawncamp you with, so of course other teams are still going to fucking vote it in. Probably still going to be fucking there after the consolidation too. Fuck everything.

The exploit has been known for months, either fix your damn maps or remove it. And of course it's in the first fucking slot.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Real fucking happy that the broken as fuck Zealot 2 Flag is still in the fucking game for other teams to exploit and spawncamp you with, so of course other teams are still going to fucking vote it in. Probably still going to be fucking there after the consolidation too. Fuck everything.

The exploit has been known for months, either fix your damn maps or remove it. And of course it's in the first fucking slot.

:lol we actually talked about it in the podcast tonight.

FyreWulff

:lol we actually talked about it in the podcast tonight.

Team had host, abused it, then when they got up to 2 they just started farming us for kills because WE LITERALLY SPAWN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM

EVEN THE FLAG WAS PARTICIPATING

THIS IS IN A PLAYLIST FOR A MULTIFUCKINGMILLION DOLLAR GAME

Team had host, abused it, then when they got up to 2 they just started farming us for kills because WE LITERALLY SPAWN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM

Bungie only tested for nice players. They need more dickheads to test their maps

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

:lol Yessssssssssss!!!

NOKYARD

So that's what the "legit" gametype that has the "cult following" is from the bulletin.

Where's Nok....
playing the Grifball raking in the cR almost Inheritor. Where else?

All this talk of taking Grifball (netcode) to a new level is interesting to say the least. Wish i knew more since it's practically my livelihood.

If anyone wants play Grifball (the way it's meant to be played) shoot me an msg.

Still holding out for this. Sadly, I doubt this is in the game, so I'm going to have to learn something new.

LT - Grenade
RT - Shoot
LB - AA
RB - Sprint
X - Reload/pickup
Y - Switch
A - Jump
B - Melee
LS click - crouch
RS click - zoom

Given comfort to what I currently use, and given the factors of having to sacrifice action commands to the face buttons in H4, I think this would be my ideal scheme.
Melee not on RB = fail. I've come to rely on it so much.

So this came in the mail today.

Great work sltPoison!
I was just about to ask if anybody else had bought one yet. Oh my, that is hot. I was going to get black on a light grey shirt, but that looks amazing. Is that white or grey on blue?

FyreWulff

Teeeeaaaaaaam Downer

No, it was in Team Objective.

Also sorry for the delay Computron, I'll be up for FF tomorrow. I think I'm on the verge of taking the Ghaleon option and just playing Firefight and MM Campaign.

Maybe next Monday I can get that fucking company to give me a capture card that works and has all of it's shit in the box. We're still trying to figure out how they can be so weird on this shit when the Cintiq 24HD he got from them worked perfectly out of the box.

Jawmuncher

I figure i'll just ask this here regardless.

Is there any sort of Deals or Promotions for the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console?
Just trying to see if any store has something that differs from the rest.

They all seem to offer the same thing though from what I've seen
399.99 Console and that's it, not even preorder DLC

Yes yes, let the rage flow through you.
werwequvt.gif

Melee not on RB = fail. I've come to rely on it so much.
I'd agree, but some things have to go with Sprint and AA being separate, and considering that I'm someone that tries to avoid melee encounters has much as possible compounded with melee being less prevalent in H4 in general, and I think I could lose it being on a bumper.
Any WolfGAF members that care, here is the WolfGAF shirt.

WolfGAF shirt final

Well that is fucking awesome.
If I was going to PAX, I would wear the shit out of that shirt.

I figure i'll just ask this here regardless.

Is there any sort of Deals or Promotions for the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console?
Just trying to see if any store has something that differs from the rest.

They all seem to offer the same thing though from what I've seen
399.99 Console and that's it, not even preorder DLC

I'd guess the console has whatever preorder DLC the game itself comes with. No promotions just for the console that I'm aware of.

So the power just came back on after being out for the last ~6 hours.

Who's on? What are we bitching about currently? How strong is the salt tonight?

LR9sa.gif

blamite

1YCLiGJhbC9DDxt0GltTWTVCL2FjaC8wLzU3AAAAAOfn5-qGQWI=.jpg
1oCLiGJhbC9MDxt0GltTWTVCL2FjaC8wLzU4AAAAAOfn5-mhVWw=.jpg

Anyone up for doing Defiant achievements in about half an hour? "Paper Beats Rock" and "Don't Touch That" are priority since Squad DLC goes away Tuesday, removing your best chance of getting these after that date, but we could do others as well.

Podcast tomorrow...

I know I've mentioned this before, so I don't want to keep bugging you about it, but any progress getting the podcast on Zune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom