• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

"First look" @ Halo 4 Legendary logo via IGN

etEeP.png

In the video they say the new skull is "Forerunner in nature"

They also mention Single Player and multiplayer videos coming tonight, mentioning a new war games MP mode.

A couple of levels.

gollumlookopsin.gif

Noricart

They also mention Single Player and multiplayer videos coming tonight, mentioning a new war games MP mode.
Come on Warzone!

The beam rifle sounds so Pew Pew. Like star wars Pew Pew.
It's kind of like the white text. Once you notice it, it bugs the crap out of you. It didn't bother me that much, but when the game comes out I may feel different.

You spelled Search and destroy wrong
What? Eff dat ish. Pre-Order canceled.
War Games stuff pushed me outta LE territory, good thing I held out on ordering.

blamite

New legendary skull is uuuuuugly, and nowhere near as iconic. Reminds me of the new Grunt design crossed with something really ugly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"First look" @ Halo 4 Legendary logo via IGN

http://i.imgur.com/etEeP.png[IMG]

In the video they say the new skull is "Forerunner in nature"

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/gollumlookopsin.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Naomi Kyle makes my heart sing

New symbol looks weird man. Not that I have any allegiance to the old Legendary logo (I've actually never completed a Halo campaign on Legendary) but it just looks odd. Looks blurry even lol

New legendary skull is uuuuuugly, and nowhere near as iconic. Reminds me of the new Grunt design crossed with something really ugly.

I'd like to see a version that doesn't look so simplified and see if it looks better that way.. The skull is clearly a Forerunner skull, so I guess with them looking very human like they didn't have too many options.

Fuchsdh

Probably so, that was certainly the case when I played it.

But there's this level of...processing, I dunno what to call it, to everything. Most of the effects sound kind of same-y, like they all went through the same kind of noise filter. They've got this muffled squeakiness to them that I find really unusual. I suck at talking about sound since I'm not sure how to describe it, but if you listen to the clip and close your eyes, you might hear what I mean.

I know what you mean.

I think it's most apparent on Steitzer, who sounds like he got a bad case of cutoff filter or noise reduction and as a result sounds like he's in a tiny, muffled room, heading towards underwater sounding.

FyreWulff

I wonder if the Machete will ever make it into a Halo game as an actual weapon. It's been a pretty neat reference to the pre-Xbox Halo by keeping it in the difficulty emblem, and it looks like 343 will continue the tradition at least.

1212344025_Spartan_machete_ingame.jpg

JackHerer

Why is there no color or depth at all to it? I don't get it. It's just two colors: gray and white. Hopefully that's just a simplified version of it because it looks like it has potential to be cool if it was more detailed.

Naomi Kyle makes my heart sing

New symbol looks weird man. Not that I have any allegiance to the old Legendary logo (I've actually never completed a Halo campaign on Legendary) but it just looks odd. Looks blurry even lol

Just the bottom three difficulties? You never managed the fourth?

Apath

I was itching to replay some Halo 3 levels earlier, only to realize that I sold back my Collector's Edition of Halo 3 ;_;

Why did Halo 3 have to have the worst CE box ever?

Skull is clearly Forerunner, I don't think its any specific Forerunner. Also, I think the issue I have with it is that it just looks so human like that it loses a lot of its identity. If you saw that on a shirt your first thought wouldn't be Halo, it would be a funky human skull with knives. Maybe if it was a Forerunner skull in a Knight helmet it would better? I dunno. Still, I wanna see a better version of the logo before I judge it.

So, maybe the french will break the media embargo?

Fotos

I wonder if the Machete will ever make it into a Halo game as an actual weapon. It's been a pretty neat reference to the pre-Xbox Halo by keeping it in the difficulty emblem, and it looks like 343 will continue the tradition at least.

1212344025_Spartan_machete_ingame.jpg

If they ever make the Machete an in game weapon the first thing i will do is recreate this picture

Fuchsdh

If they ever make the Machete an in game weapon the first thing i will do is recreate that picture

Also in the back of that picture is the anti-vehicle rocket launcher, if I'm not mistaken.

In the Halo history video with Marty and co. that thing shot off a projectile as bright as a star.

Because they could easily design a Promethean Skull but instead they make a forerunner skull, it has different nose not like the in-game promethean skull and a visible third "eye".

"Prometheans" are Forerunners, or rather the warrior class. The Prometheans we fight in Halo 4 appear to be AI driven armor suits that they wore with something biological inside of it. So a Promethean skull and Forerunner skull would be the same thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
New game mode? Yes please.

I wonder if it's just a normal gametype we haven't seen in 4 yet, or a completely new gametype.

My money's on Assault being shown with the new tossing mechanics.

edit: what time exactly is this embargo up/new news coming?

Noricart

I wonder if it's just a normal gametype we haven't seen in 4 yet, or a completely new gametype.

My money's on Assault being shown with the new tossing mechanics.

edit: what time exactly is this embargo up/new news coming?

If it's just that I will be severely disappointed. Expecting something a little bigger than being able to go pew pew with a flag. Ya know?

Do NOT moderate your expectations for tonight's GT TV thing. It will be a fair amount of content.
<3

Top Bottom