• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

You want this.

cy2.jpg

xK41G.gif

Doodis

Five pages already? That was fast.

I'm interesting in this thing called Halo and would like to know moar. Kthxbye.

Valhalla size worked thanks to bullet spread and the H3'S BR's range. A x3 scope DMR with no spread will fundamentally change how the map flows and plays, and not for the better.

I still think if they remake it, but change it in the process fixing old flaws and accommodating for Halo 4 that it can work. I do get where you are coming from, but if they vuilt it with the DMR and sprinting in mind it may work. I can't say that 100% of course, but I don't see why it couldn't work with some tweaking. That said, im not sure how many changes it takes to change from a remake to a spiritual successor map.

Would love to see a snowy remake of Valhalla, just for the nice visuals.

b49824e7.jpg

Thaw out the river and its a winner. So good.

Merguson

Banned
Just finished Cryptum. Very different read compared to the previous Halo books.

Next up, Glasslands.

Then Primordium and Thursday War when the paperbacks are out. I've got the other books in paperback so I like to keep the collection consistent.

MrBig

No Valhalla remake because they wouldn't be able to capture the spirit of the map without the most important part:

i8EoMAJZEoc6M.gif

Via the E3 and PAX footage all of the foliage is completely static :/
It was one of my biggest complaints when I saw the E3 demo because it made the forest look absolutely lifeless

Just finished Cryptum. Very different read compared to the previous Halo books.

Next up, Glasslands.

Then Primordium and Thursday War when the paperbacks are out. I've got the other books in paperback so I like to keep the collection consistent.

I believe the Thursday War will be in paper back day one, like Glasslands before it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
[12:52:00 AM] Tashi: we should invite boss nasti
[12:52:03 AM] Tashi: isn't he your boy now?
[12:52:08 AM] Biggy: yea
[12:52:13 AM] Biggy: im moving in with him
[12:52:17 AM] Biggy: starting a halo 4 team
[12:52:22 AM] Tashi: wooooooow
[12:52:41 AM] Tashi: I'm gonna text cyren and let him in on this world exclusive

[12:52:41 AM] Tashi: I'm gonna text cyren and let him in on this world exclusive

Poor Biggy

Via the E3 and PAX footage all of the foliage is completely static :/
It was one of my biggest complaints when I saw the E3 demo because it made the forest look absolutely lifeless
yeah.. =(

I mean, its not the worlds biggest deal, but it can make a huge difference. Plus the bendy tree is great from a gameplay perspective, allowing you to not have the map flow hindered by something like that.
Snow maps might as well be untextured geometry. So damn boring and lifeless.

you crazy

reach_26270196_Full.jpg

CyReN

Why give me the glory when we have HaloGAF radio?

senador

Banned
Eh. I'm just tired of remakes, really. Especially after how most of Reach's maps ended up being remakes.

edit: that is to say, I'm sure this is a remake in the vein of Avalanche, and not Heretic, where there will be some flow changes. But I prefer it when people go "what elements did we like from each of these maps? Let's use those but build a new experience around them, and cut out the parts that didn't work"

I am tired of them too and don't care for them a ton. But since we are getting one and we know its not a small one, our options are limited. For me personally, I can't think of any that'd work well or would be worth remaking besides Valhalla, Waterworks, and Containment. I don't think the map would come from one of the PC games. Besides a few in this thread, I think Valhalla is the one that will get the most fanfare and not cause issue or whatever Frank said.

I agree with your 2nd statement. I'd rather have that sort of remake or spiritual successor type design. For all we know the remake will be like that. I am guess it will be to improve over its previous design and to work with Halo 4 gameplay.

Based on Frank's hint, what other of maps could work? I love the hint stuff, more of this should be happening.

-----

Who plays Halo 3? I've been having a huge itch to play it lately for some reason. I also should practice that style of play more. I know a few of you play frequently, add me if you do. I'm not very good though. :/ GT: SenadorKooch

heckfu

Banned
I'm pretty sure when we went back to film halogaf radio in Seattle Duncan just filmed me drunk.

I hope and I also do not hope this is the case.

Catching up, quoting posts from the old OT.

blah blah blah

Jesus the only good thing about that game was the ranking system.

Kill it with fire.
True wolf is true.
Probably the horn.
A friend of mine was once asked what the best part of Halo 3 was. His answer was "SOUND THE HORN!"
We got a match.

p1TvT.png
pNV8i.gif

congrats internet explorer, you did it!
Nah, I think the real wonder is why the Windows 95 theme is turned on. Or he's using Windows 95....the world may never know.
aren't we supposed to hate IE?
It's the internet way
to directly compare a version of a browser from 5-10 years ago to the most current version of another browser and claim it sucks.
Snow maps might as well be untextured geometry. So damn boring and lifeless.
conansj4n.gif

I'm pretty sure when we went back to film halogaf radio in Seattle Duncan just filmed me drunk.

I hope and I also do not hope this is the case.

You did state that was going to happen prior to PAX.

Top Bottom