• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection HAS GONE GOLD !!!!

The Flash

Banned
vNiGQue.gif

I want to say they are going to release it through The Halo Channel, but I could be completely wrong there.

Nightfall is in my download queue

JonCha

I know it's probably the part of the package that people care the least about, but have they said if Halo Nightfall will be available on day 1? And how are they doing that? Is it on the disc or is it streaming, and if it's streaming will all episodes be available right away or will they be weekly/monthly?

I want to say they are going to release it through The Halo Channel, but I could be completely wrong there.

Journey

Banned
I forgot that there was a small gap between releases for regions.

WAIT WHAT a 20GB update day 1? stop doing this please.

45GB is already on the disc which is pretty much what a dual-layer Blu-ray disc can hold. Apparently the entire game is roughly 65GB, unless you prefer they release map packs and charge separately for them?

Wait, Xbox One supports pre-loading? I guess I'll cancel my Amazon pre-order.

Yes, you can start pre-loading TMCC right now.

I did my part and bought it digitally. Now the absolute horror of having to wait until November 11th, knowing it's on my system. Frankie, if you could unlock the game, even if it's just for my system... it's just something I would have to live with ;).

A patch is not DLC. It doesnt ADD size to the game, it overwrites certain contents of the game thus keeping the game at the same size. A 20 GB patch is not gonna make a 45GB game 65GB. It will still be 45GB. So, to be clear, you dont need extra space just because its gonna have a 20GB patch.

Also those worried about data caps because they have to download 45GB and the 20GB. Dont be. If you choose not to preload and download it on day one then it will already come with the patch applied, effectively bypassing that extra 20GB.

If that were true, they would just patch the master image (digital version) of MCC before they start the distribution. Since the preloading of MMC AND the patch starts today, it will definitely be an additional 20GB of content opposed to overwriting the already existing data.

npa189

Can I use my Microsoft bucks anywhere else but on the console? I won't have an xbox one again until i get the Sunset Overdrive bundle and I want to buy this ASAP.

I had $11 in billy bucks and I used the smartglass app to pre order it, charged the rest to a card.

Bessy67

The Best Bungie Game This Year
Meh, people here are too sensitive for that. Forza Horizon 2's original OT title was something like "We don't need hashtags to drive in a club" and people blew a gasket over that and the thread derailed. Just go with something PC.

45GB is already on the disc which is pretty much what a dual-layer Blu-ray disc can hold. Apparently the entire game is roughly 65GB, unless you prefer they release map packs and charge separately for them?
Just give me two discs, one a MP install.

When it comes to the point of huge updates day one I feel that a disc release is becoming more useless then ever, I see this as someone with a good internet connection.

Meh, people here are too sensitive for that. Forza Horizon 2's original OT title was something like "We don't need clubs to drive with friends" and people blew a gasket over that and the thread derailed. Just go with something PC.

I wonder if something like Bungie's still got it, would be okay for the title. It is a slight jab but maybe not as bad as saying it is their best game.

Just give me two discs, one a MP install.

When it comes to the point of huge updates day one I feel that a disc release is becoming more useless then ever, I see this as someone with a good internet connection.

And remember that if it were two discs, that would completely wreck the functionality and experience of the unified interface. Trust me, two discs would have been easier in a lot of ways.

Ape

Banned
Just purchased. Felt so right. On the preorder bonuses I did notice that Halo: Nightfall was on there, that's something I'm really excited about. Everyone talks about the games but Nightfall shouldn't be overlooked.

Bessy67

Just purchased. Felt so right. On the preorder bonuses I did notice that Halo: Nightfall was on there, that's something I'm really excited about. Everyone talks about the games but Nightfall shouldn't be overlooked.
Yeah, I enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn a lot more than I thought I would. Hyped to see what Nightfall is all about.

Nightfall is included with every copy of halo mcc. Most pre-order bonuses are for skulls, are there any pre order bonuses for the digital pre order?

Krilekk

Banned
Now I have three Xbox exclusives sitting on my HDD waiting to unlock. And I probably won't buy another game this year except maybe COD.

Top Bottom