• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 Open Beta to take place next week - June 13 to 20 [Up: Screenshots Leak]

Tecnniqe

Banned
What it does need is a stable frame rate when you have the screen filled with units. The art style looks great.

Yeah its vital that it keeps good frames without dropping during massive battles.

But i've been told they balanced each system to fit that system so we might have 2 games that work in different ways

I'm waiting until Monday before I give up hope.

You're stronger than me.

Halo 5 is a good game, but it just has felt so content starved and lacking of creative variety that coupled with its story my optimism of Halo is at low right now. HaloGaf threads were an open tab in my browser for years, so it's weirdly disappointing not currently caring.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why so 15000 people can play it?

yUqriPm.gif

Wonder if they're going for 1080/60 or 1080/30?

I'd rather 1080/30 with shiploads of fancy effects. This game doesn't need 60.

You're crazy if you think an RTS doesn't need 60. Game needs to be smooth and responsive as butter.

900p@60, or dynamic-1080p@60 would be far better than an extra pretty 30.

erale

Really hyped for this. Can't wait to play it on monday. Wonder how they'll manage base building.

Hope the stick to the controls and feel of the first one. That was THE perfect console RTS game and it would be a bummer if they sacrifice it because of the PC version...

I love RTS games so much but don't really game on PC so Halo Wars is my saving grace. Really pumped we get to try this soon.

And someone at Facebook needs to do their research. Spotted this on the trending topics list:

u3CNR7E.png

Bl@de

Wow ... that looks disappointing from a graphical standpoint. I would argue that even Legacy of the Void looks better :/

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really hyped for this. Can't wait to play it on monday. Wonder how they'll manage base building.

Hope the stick to the controls and feel of the first one. That was THE perfect console RTS game and it would be a bummer if they sacrifice it because of the PC version...
They said they would take advantage of each platform so we might look at two control systems. One for PC and one for Xbox.

Z O N E

It's confirmed that Halo Wars 2 will be playable on Xbox One and PC at E3, according to Bravo who does the Community Updates on Halowaypoint.

Not sure if that means a PC version will be released or if they're just showcasing it on the PC for PC gamers. I guess we'll see.

Halowaypoint Link

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's confirmed that Halo Wars 2 will be playable on Xbox One and PC at E3, according to Bravo who does the Community Updates on Halowaypoint.

Not sure if that means a PC version will be released or if they're just showcasing it on the PC for PC gamers. I guess we'll see.

Halowaypoint Link

So there is a slight hope for PC beta yet.

Perhaps they've yet to activate it on PC like Xbox, at least I hope so.

Wow ... that looks disappointing from a graphical standpoint. I would argue that even Legacy of the Void looks better :/

Is that really a bad thing though? It's a PC game released last year, compared to a game (that's still in development) running on the fixed hardware of the X1.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is that really a bad thing though? It's a PC game released last year, compared to a game (that's still in development) running on the fixed hardware of the X1.

Not to mention the SC engine is horribly optimized.

We have to wait for some uncompressed PC screenshots to say for sure but from these store images its not bad.

Halowaypoint Link

They are also adding score attack to Halo 5 sp and new achievements. This next week is looking good for Halo.

Top Bottom