• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars Tease in Phantom Dust Trailer

Drakeon

I am wary of calling that a tease. It's a nod, but until there's more than that, I don't really want to get my hopes up.

For the record though, I'd fucking love a Halo wars 2.

And Rare have 'teased' their characters and IPs in Christmas Cards of all things for years and the best we get is a freaking Conker model in Project Spark.

Nothing to see here people.

JamiieCarter

Neo Member
And Rare have 'teased' their characters and IPs in Christmas Cards of all things for years and the best we get is a freaking Conker model in Project Spark.

Nothing to see here people.

Look what Rare tweeted yesterday, I have put it in bold!

Rare Ltd. @RareLtd Follow Best of luck to @proj_spark in keeping Conker under control. He's... a handful. Everyone asking for a new Conker game: 'show us yours first!'

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I'm down. Give me MOAR!!

Not only halo wars but also gears of war was teased? I just took thus picture of it .

O9YbJ.gif

klodeckel

Banned
Detective GAF, we need you!

Trailer:

@ 00:12 - Gears of War

@ 00:20 - Xbox logo on top of building, and another billboard hat states "Who was 13?" - 13 or I?

@ 00:21 - Halo Wars, over his right shoulder.

@ 01:08 - Halo Was again, billboard

@ 01:13 - "Who was I?" billboard on the ground.

?!?!?

Sydle

I think Spencer commented about wanting more Halo releases. Wouldn't be surprised to see Halo Wars 2 in 2016, spin-off like ODST or Reach in 2017, and then Halo 6 in 2018.

Halo Wars was good fun, so I'm down for another.

They're still milking the goodwill that Ensemble built out of the Age of Empires name..having one of the great RTS devs working on a Halo MMO? Whoever the fuck greenlit that should have been the one shitcanned.

Not this again... It was Ensemble who wanted to work on an MMO, they pitched it.

I'd be down for Halo Wars 2, but someone better find a Crimson Skies tease somewhere.

Toothpick

OMFG I would even take a remastered version and be happy, not sure if without Ensemble they could successfully make a good sequel...
Best RTS on a console, every. The controls were so goddam intuitive!

agreed. I still play this from time to time on 360, you can find a match fairly quickly

ValeYard

Wish there had been an announcement already, loved Halo Wars, apart from the final multiplayer achievement of course.

If they brought out a Halo RTS and MOBA it would end me.

I kinda wish they weren't teasing and had actually announced something, but it's easy to demand stuff like that, making games is complicated yo.

Tagyhag

Could just be little easter eggs, but I'd be down with a new Halo Wars 2.

1 was painfully simple but the foundation was there and it controlled pretty well for a console RTS.

Jrs3000

I still play halo wars. I can't wait to see how it'll be. Halo wars is up there on my list of all time RTS.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'd love a re release of Halo Wars on tablets. Would play pretty well IMO.

Halo Wars was OK, just a shame they pulled the plug on the servers so quickly. Halo Wars was the game that made me stop caring about achievements due to all the online ones I would no longer be able to get.

Top Bottom