• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars Tease in Phantom Dust Trailer

jesu

Halo Wars was OK, just a shame they pulled the plug on the servers so quickly. Halo Wars was the game that made me stop caring about achievements due to all the online ones I would no longer be able to get.

Servers are still up and all achievements are obtainable....

Servers are still up and all achievements are obtainable....

What really? I thought they were canned 6 months after the game was released. Man, I'm sure I read something about them closing them down back in the day. Was that just rumour in the end?

... well I never.

Pudge

Bring it on Microsoft! Halo Wars was fun for what it was, and I'd love to see an iteration
that gets a PC release.

Random17

Halo 5: 2015
Halo Wars 2: 2016
Halo 3+Reach+ODST Anniversary: 2017
Halo 6: 2018

My prediction for the Halo franchise. Expect 343i to be focusing on the numbered games, with Halo 3/Reach/ODST being outsourced like Halo: MCC.

Halo Wars 2 may be developed by the same dudes who made AOE2 HD...

Colour me excited.

Bring it on Microsoft! Halo Wars was fun for what it was, and I'd love to see an iteration
that gets a PC release.

I dunno how well that would play out. The reason Wars was enjoyable on a console was because it was designed with a console in mind rather than ported. A PC port would either need to be an entirely different game or it will be disappointing in that it would be a console-to-PC port in every negative way.

Words can not describe how much I want the off-main Halo games to be remaked for the Xbox One. Words are even more impossible to find which would describe my want for a Halo Wars Sequel. Make it happen 343i

Game was so easy, no strategic thinking needed at all. Spend 10mins builing up a small army, unleash them. Win.
The levels with timelimts were a little harder, but you could still power through them.

I miss this game so much, would be stoked for a sequel.

Game was so easy, no strategic thinking needed at all. Spend 10mins builing up a small army, unleash them. Win.
The levels with timelimts were a little harder, but you could still power through them.

That's not true.

The only really gamebreaking issue was the banshee rush.
If a team does that and follows up with a tank rush, it's pretty devastating and can be impossible to defend against.

Top Bottom