• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 25th birthday, Harley Quinn!

img_0255txs8n.jpg

25 years ago today the episode 'Joker's Favor' was shown where Joker's new female mook was introduced to the world. Over the years she has gone from mook to henchwoman to Joker's right hand to partner in crime with Poison Ivy to solo adventures to a member of the Gotham City Sirens trio to Suicide Squad "recruit" to finally a solo act fully freed from the Joker and his influence.

Her current comic has had so many issues without being cancelled that it takes multiple omnibuses to contain it.

This is a thread to celebrate 25 years of Harley Quinn in animated series, games, movies, comics, merchandise and everything else!

If you want a few free Harley comics, head to the story the 23rd for Harley taking over Batman Day:

kmax

Thank you to Paul Dini and Bruce Timm for creating her, and special thanks to Arleen Sorkin who was both the inspiration for creating the character and the OG Harley.

Alienous

With Deadpool being on his 27th anniversary is Harley Quinn the 'youngest' significant comic book character?

X-23 is younger but she doesn't seem like as much of a mainstay as the aforementioned characters.

strafer

Thank you to Paul Dini and Bruce Timm for creating her, and special thanks to Arleen Sorkin who was both the inspiration for the character and the OG Harley.

What happened between Rocksteady and Arleen since she didn't return for the sequels?

With Deadpool being on his 27th anniversary is Harley Quinn the 'youngest' significant comic book character?

X-23 is younger but she doesn't seem like as much of a mainstay as the aforementioned characters.

Bane is slightly newer than Harley by a few months.

For those interested, DC is releasing Harley Quinn: a Celebration of 25 years. I own many of these books and they're fantastic.

Myself, I've never been a fan of the character. I tolerate her presence in group settings (like the Sirens or the Squad) but I've never cared much for her as a Joker sidekick or as a stand-alone character even though I fucking adore Palmiotti and Conner. Oh well, looks like she has a massive following so congrats to her creators, I hope one of her stories will change my mind someday.

Maybe Kamala in a few years. Harley Quinn wasn't an instant pop culture megahit as a character so there's still time.

Penguin

For some reason always thought she appeared later in the series... but I think it's that she appears then disappears for a big chunk before becoming a staple, but could be wrong on that as well.

Love the character, think she has always been fun. Though like others don't think ever topped TAS version.

ONe of my favorite moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp6wLXj4-5A

Was scary to find out it was an actual song and not created for their relationship

Dehnus

First Harley is still best Harley. If only for the demented family unit she wished for.

"Puddin' get mommy's bazooka..."

:D

Joker's Favor is the 23rd episode in the production order, which is how they're ordered on the DVDs. Didn't know it aired pretty early on.

Harley is a character I like only in TAS, the comics based on TAS and the odd Paul Dini issue from the main DC continuity. Not a fan of her in other things.

Wag

Batman_and_Harley_Quinn_movie_poster.jpeg

DC gave us a shitty animated movie to celebrate it.

Yes, I know some people liked it, but it's terrible.

plainr_

Cool coincidence. Just started my BTAS binge yesterday and Harley's episode is playing right now.

This show is so good. I haven't seen an episode since its original run.

For some reason always thought she appeared later in the series... but I think it's that she appears then disappears for a big chunk before becoming a staple, but could be wrong on that as well.

Love the character, think she has always been fun. Though like others don't think ever topped TAS version.

Was scary to find out it was an actual song and not created for their relationship
Wait for real? Holy shit.

Best female DC character. Heck, might actually be my favourite DC villain altogether too.
That's not Barbara Gordon or Kate Kane.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNql9aAjf0

When did the whole Dipped Tips thing start? I wasn't keeping up with her design changes as of the end of TAS and was surprised to see that hairstyle in the SS marketing

Top Bottom