• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"He had a handful of my ass.": Taylor Swift testifies in groping case against DJ

Not going to lie, wish she countersued for more to crush him further. Make an example and destroy him.

I think she is and I hope she does to the max. I'm not her biggest fan but I'm 100% supportive of her countersuing him for this disgusting display. I imagine that she will pretty much take everything he has and maybe his life too.

BREAKING: Judge throws out DJ's case against Taylor Swift in groping trial, says he can't prove the pop star got him fired.

— The Associated Press‏ (@AP) Aug 11, 2017

I dont think this is the verdict she wanted. So it was basically thrown out because they couldn't provide proof that Taylor herself provided the evidence of the groping to his employers. Is that right?

Not that the groping in and of itself was the problem.

Well she got to publicly shame him which is a win anywAy.

Oh, she's still countersuing right for sexual assault?

Calabi

I dont think this is the verdict she wanted. So it was basically thrown out because they couldn't provide proof that Taylor herself provided the evidence of the groping to his employers. Is that right?

What?, No, This means that he lost is case, he couldn't prove that she was involved in him losing his job. Her case is still ongoing.

Not every case is so open and shut, but that picture puts this in the "that guy deserves all the negativity he can get".

I don't like Swift as a person at all, she has done many things that make me consider her a garbage human being...but on this I'm so glad she is making this as public as possible. I hope this gets her to become a vocal advocate against sexual harassment so it can empower more women to stand up for themselves.

Is it possible to simultaneously laugh at that ass grab and also condemn it?

Because I'm having some trouble reconciling both right now.

Remind me to keep my hands in my pockets for photos from now on. I usually do small of the back touch.

btw don't do this either unless you're close to the woman in question and she's clearly okay with it. The "hand on the small of the back" thing might not be sexual assault but it still feels grimy if it comes from a man you're not particularly close to.

Do posters think they are going to lose cool points if they don't mention how much they dislike an entertainer or their music in a thread about said entertainer being sexually assaulted?

Guy must have smaller hands than Donald Trump.

taylor_swift_video.jpg

What gets me is Swift if famous enough to fight this. Any of the other women who go through this don't have that because the DJ would still have his position of power. Then if the women try to raise abuse claims, they get targeted with hate campaigns. I'm sure Swift wasn't first or last lady assaulted by this dude too.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
His hand is definitely where it shouldn't be, I mean I'm not sure why this dude even trying to claim otherwise. He deserves to be fired just for that.

That said, I'm not sure that you can conclude that his hand was up her skirt from that picture. Taylor Swift has a history of lying and making exaggerated claims, but then the DJ is also trying to claim that his hand was never there in the first place(when photo evidence clearly points to the contrary) so I'm not sure who to believe when it comes to that claim. Not that it matters anyways, the douchebag should lose the case for just having his hand there in the first place.

What gets me is Swift if famous enough to fight this. Any of the other women who go through this don't have that because the DJ would still have his position of power. Then if the women try to raise abuse claims, they get targeted with hate campaigns. I'm sure Swift wasn't first or last lady assaulted by this dude too.
I'm sorry this is complete bullshit. If a random unknown woman got groped by this guy with the evidence we have here, the case wouldn't be any different outside of the level of publicity. And I don't think I've ever seen a "hate campaign" targeted at a woman who accused a man of sexual assault. And let's not make assumptions on whether the guy sexually harassed other women based on nothing.

I'm sorry this is complete bullshit. If a random unknown woman got groped by this guy with the evidence we have here, the case wouldn't be any different outside of the level of publicity. And I don't think I've ever seen a "hate campaign" targeted at a woman who accused a man of sexual assault. And let's not make assumptions on whether the guy sexually harassed other women based on nothing.

So you haven't heard of people saying a woman deserved to be raped due to the way she was dressed?

do you live under a rock lmfao

lol..So weird.

Anyone who doesn't claim the Bassline on Shake it Off is worthy of jamming too needs to get out.

But that doesn't matter. Like others said, if it wasn't T.SWIFT herself, would any other young girl have as much of a chance to speak out about this?

This isn't the thread for hot takes.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!

Well he sexually harassed someone as high profile as Taylor Swift in a very public environment and continues to act as though it was nothing. If he's THAT comfortable sexually harassing someone I'm betting it's not his first time.

I mean it's blatantly obvious in the picture.
Her bodyguard said he had his hand under her skirt, yet her skirt is not moved at all in the image. If he had his hand under there at that angle the back would need be lifted up high, which would cause the side to lift and be pulled tighter to her side, but it just hanging loose.

I'm not saying he did or didn't, but from that image I just can't see a hand getting under her skirt without disturbing the skirt at all.

CDX

His hand is definitely where it shouldn't be, I mean I'm not sure why this dude even trying to claim otherwise. He deserves to be fired just for that.

That said, I'm not sure that you can conclude that his hand was up her skirt from that picture. Taylor Swift has a history of lying and making exaggerated claims, but then the DJ is also trying to claim that his hand was never there in the first place(when photo evidence clearly points to the contrary) so I'm not sure who to believe when it comes to that claim. Not that it matters anyways, the douchebag should lose the case for just having his hand there in the first place.
Well if you don't believe Taylor Swift's own words about what she says happened to her.

Taylor Swift's former bodyguard testified under oath that he saw the DJ's hand under her skirt.

The bodyguard, Greg Dent, is a former National Security Agency and Department of Defense worker who had Top Secret-level clearances while he worked for the government. He also trained at the National Police Academy, and has worked as a professional bodyguard for high-profile celebrities for more than 15 years.

McFarland asked him if he ”believed" he saw Mueller put his hand under Swift's skirt.
”No, I know I saw it. I don't believe I saw it. I know I saw it," Dent replied. ”When he went to put his arm around her, his hand went under her skirt. She jumped, pushed her skirt down, and moved closer to the girl (Melcher)."

Dent said he moved a little, and since Swift didn't give him any indication to do anything, he stood off to the side while she continued the meet-and-greet.

He told the court he didn't do anything because Swift had told him that sometimes he was ”a little too mean."

If the dude felt so at ease to pull that off with someone so well known and who he had to know could easily crush him, wonder what happened with regular non famous women...

manakel

This is pretty much how I feel. I can't conclude based on that picture that his hand was up her skirt being as it isn't lifted or messed up at all. His hand definitely is where it shouldn't be though.

HardRojo

There's something unsettling about this picture given the context.

827601604.jpg

TSwift fans get tickets to view a sexual assault case, and they are beaming with excitement as if they are about to see a Taylor Swift concert.

Is that really the context behind that picture? If so, I fucking hate what social media has done to some people...

AlteredBeast went out with style. Horribly wrong style, but a style none-the-less

I think in showbiz, in the old way you could take advantage of youngin's. It was rampant. Times have changed, hopefully TS has never experienced anything like that, so what we see here is old world clashing with the new.

pwack

His case is still going on, with swifts mom and another defendant from the record label. Had those two actually lied about the sexual assault, they would also be subject to a defamation claim.

Guy clearly groping her ass. No where close to her lower back. If he can easily do this to someone like Taylor Swift, imagine how he is to other women.

Oozer3993

The verdict is in and it's an unqualified victory for Taylor and company. The jury ruled that her mother and the "radio guy" Frank Bell did not interfere with the DJ's employment, and the jury found for Taylor in her countersuit. She's gonna get her $1. Per Denver reporter Michael Konopasek.

@MikeKonopasek said:
Jury finds Frank Bell-- Swift's "radio guy" did not intentionally interfere with Mueller employment at KYGO Radio #TaylorSwiftTrial

@MikeKonopasek said:
Jury finds Andrea Swift did not intentionally interfere with Mueller employment at KYGO Radio #TaylorSwiftTrial

@MikeKonopasek said:
Jury finds Mueller assaulted and battered Swift

10 bux says fox runs 'Mueller guilty of sexual assualt' and you have to click on it to see who they are actually talking about.

Top Bottom