• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headset recommendation

I've recently wanted to get a better headset than the one I have. It's nothing special. The price cap for me is $200. I'm looking for ideally a wired (closed) headset that is high quality and crisp, but but effective bass. I bought The Dolby 3D audio app on my Series X if that's helpful information. My old mic has an issue with bleeding sound and echos so id love to get rid of that. And I'd also like to have an app that can customize levels.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've been strongly considering EPOD H6pro if anyone has thoughts on it

Last edited:
I use the HyperX headset and totally satisfied with them. You can easily get them at the budget you've set.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Get some legit cans, stay away from gaming headsets (unless made by a legit audio company like Audio Technical).

Monoprice Monolith M570, Philips Fidelio X1 or X2HR would work for you.

Get some legit cans, stay away from gaming headsets (unless made by a legit audio company like Audio Technical).

What's a good Audio Technica headset with a mic. I have some old ones that are pretty great, but no mic

I have the Steelseries Arctis 7x that I use for my PS5 and am pretty happy with it.
I'm considering getting this 7x but concerned about it being a USB-C dongle when I plan to get the PSVR2 and want to use both at the same time. Do you think a USB-A to USB-C adapter for the headset would work with the PSVR2 plugged into the USB-C port?

Topher

Gold Member
I'm considering getting this 7x but concerned about it being a USB-C dongle when I plan to get the PSVR2 and want to use both at the same time. Do you think a USB-A to USB-C adapter for the headset would work with the PSVR2 plugged into the USB-C port?

I've used USB-A adapters with PS5 and it has worked fine.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I got the Corsair Virtuoso XT recently to replace my old Arctis 7 and sadly i think I preferred the Arctis

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don’t see why it wouldn’t but obviously no way to tell. The VR2 is going to have to support headsets right?

I bought the Xbox Wireless Headset. I like the quality and ease of use. The chat/game sound bias is a dial on the left can and the volume is a dial on the right can. Mic is good as well, and it can connect to two different Bluetooth sources. Battery like is pretty good as well though I’ve never measured it.

RaZoR No1

Using a Steelseries Arctis 7X too and it is awesome. Only drawback: no bluetooth and wireless only works with the USB C dongle, but an USB A adapter is included.

If you should buy one, get the plus version (I think it is called plus), afaik they changed the charging port from Micro USB to USB C

edit:

Of course it can be used wired too

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Using a Steelseries Arctis 7X too and it is awesome. Only drawback: no bluetooth and wireless only works with the USB C dongle, but an USB A adapter is included.

If you should buy one, get the plus version (I think it is called plus), afaik they changed the charging port from Micro USB to USB C

edit:

The new Artis Nova 7X have bluetooth. The USB C dongle is actually a good thing in my experience as the dongle provides a stronger signal since it isn't competing for resources.

edit:

Ah nice! Didn't know an adapter was included. So I guess you can use the adapter for the headset and usb-c port for PSVR2 and be good to go.

RaZoR No1

The new Artis Nova 7X have bluetooth. The USB C dongle is actually a good thing in my experience as the dongle provides a stronger signal since it isn't competing for resources.
Ah shit..
USB C and Bluetooth...
Things I miss from my version.

Any other updates?

I have the Audeze Penrose they sound awesome but aren't comfortable so I recently got the arctis nova 7's and did some changes with the software(turn off auto volume limiter) now they sound just as good, last 30 hrs and are infinitely more comfortable than my Penrose this is the way..

Last edited:
I had the same issue some time ago.

So, I tested three different wired gaming headsets (not a fan of wireless headsets due to radiation fears :lollipop_astonished:). All from the high price segment and with very good online reviews.

My personal, subjective opinion:

- Beyerdynamic MMX 300: Very disappointing for the price and the praise online . The sound sounds tinny, flat and unbalanced. Further, it comes without setting options like a Gamepad adapter on the console.

- Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro: Top sound and a number of setting options on the included station. However, it is also the most expensive of the three. The wiring also bothered me. The jack is not connected directly to the gamepad (adapter), but to the station, which is unfortunately suboptimal for couch gaming. In my opinion, the Steelseries is therefore primarily made for PC gaming.

- Astro A40 + Mixamp M80: My choice! Similar good sound as the Steelseries but with plus points.
On the one hand it is a bit cheaper and on the other hand the headset is connected via a gamepad adapter. The adapter (Mixamp M80) is super easy to use and also has three EQs to choose from. (Info: This one is at the moment only available directly at the manufacures`s website).

(All headsets have been tested with Dolby Atmos on XSX)

rofif

Banned

Nah.
Her wireless gaming headset.
F wires. Sound is fine wireless nowadays

Tams

Philips Fidelio X1 or X2HR with a V-Moda boom mic pro.

Unless you really want to go wireless.

/thread

twilo99

Philips Fidelio X1 or X2HR with a V-Moda boom mic pro.

Unless you really want to go wireless.

/thread

I have the X2HR with that mic and it’s an awesome combo. I also thought I was the only one that knows about it lol

chixdiggit

Highly reccomend the PC-38X. It's a collab between Drop and Sennheiser. Great sound and works very well.
I have owned a ton of gaming headsets and 2 things I prefer is volume knob on headset and flip mic mute function. This headset has both.

TrebleShot

Arctis Nova Pro Wireless
Audeze Penrose

Don’t get wired headphones not the most comfortable having wires all over the place in 2022.

rofif

Banned
Arctis Nova Pro Wireless
Audeze Penrose

Don’t get wired headphones not the most comfortable having wires all over the place in 2022.
Audeze is a heavy hulking thing.
Nova Pro is heavy and got that crazy unnecessary desk thingy... why would anyone need that? Just makes it overpriced.

Imtjnotu

I got the Corsair Virtuoso XT recently to replace my old Arctis 7 and sadly i think I preferred the Arctis
Amazing mic. Terribly lacking low end.

I have my black shark v2 pro's and my artic nova 7p's and I prefer the razer sound I think. Just not the micro USB shit

Stafford

I have the Steelseries Arctis 7x that I use for my PS5 and am pretty happy with it.

edit:

I've been looking into replacing my TB Stealth 700 gen 2 because of issues, for XSX. I was eyeing the 7x nova wireless or however it's called. I assume they are all very similar. How is the bass on these? I do like my strong bass.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've been looking into replacing my TB Stealth 700 gen 2 because of issues, for XSX. I was eyeing the 7x nova wireless or however it's called. I assume they are all very similar. How is the bass on these? I do like my strong bass.
I dont know if i would qualify the bass as strong, but I don’t really look for that in headphones and mostly use it to play COD.

Stafford

I dont know if i would qualify the bass as strong, but I don’t really look for that in headphones and mostly use it to play COD.

Hmmm I see. I'm gonna have to check out some comparisons and see how the bass stacks up against my TB then. Or just try it myself. Thanks!

RaZoR No1

Bass isnt the strongest point of the Arctis 7X, but you can adjust it on PC, the settings you do on PC / Steelseries GG software takes over to Xbox too.

Top Bottom