• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls coming to PS4 (pal only for now, US to follow)

So what's the deal with these releases, they aren't remasters? Just ports with zero enhancements? It all seems very vague.
Depends what your threshold is. These will definitely run at the very least at 1080p with a locked 30 FPS. If they ported HR to the Beyond engine we should also get the tearing fixed. But apart from that you shouldn't really expect much (like improved textures), this is like the GoW 3 remaster I would guess, except the value is better here. Maybe they add a photomode or something, Beyond gets a "play chronologically" mode after all.

It's definitely not a straight port as they talk about wanting to show us Dafoe and Page on PS4. If they fixed most of the technical issues of HR it could very well be the definitive edition though for that game.

I really hope that they are working on Kara next although I know it is The Dark Sorcerer (which I quite liked). According to Wikipedia, they have 170 employees and it sounds like it is one team according to this article.
It wont be TDS either sorry. QD doesnt do that.

I guess all my bitching over Heavy Rain's English voice work being plagued by french accents pissed them off.

Sorry, guys!

Not really.
For the main characters it's actually mostly British accents, not French. A common misconception. The only French actors were the children (hard to cast) and Lauren (fan request because of the tech demo)

Faith

Boom, sold.

I loved Beyond Two Souls, would like to play it again. Please be 1080p @60fps with better image quality!

Boom, sold.

I loved Beyond Two Souls, would like to play it again. Please be 1080p @60fps with better image quality!
I wouldnt hold my breath for 60fps, as its not really needed for this type of game, but a locked 30 fps with beefed up visuals would do for me. Maybe they can preview some of their PS4 tech here.

This will work on my NA ps4 correct? No region locking
Yup. No restrictions.

dr_rus

I really hope that they are working on Kara next although I know it is The Dark Sorcerer (which I quite liked). According to Wikipedia, they have 170 employees and it sounds like it is one team according to this article.

I thought it was known for some time that QD's first PS4 game is called Singularity and it basically follows the theme of Kara tech demo - meaning AIs, androids and such.

The Dark Sorcerer was just a test run for the PS4 version of their toolchain and engine. I don't think that it will convert to any game really.

I thought it was known for some time that QD's first PS4 game is called Singularity and it basically follows the theme of Kara tech demo - meaning AIs, androids and such.

The Dark Sorcerer was just a test run for the PS4 version of their toolchain and engine. I don't think that it will convert to any game really.
Indeed. Next game is neither Kara nor TDS, although the codename (Singularity/Horizon) and rumours point towards sci-fi.

Gbraga

Having to create a PAL account and buying PSN cards is alright, I guess. If they region lock this shit, though... Man, that would be stupid.

Being able to play Beyond in the chronological order should be really good, always felt like the way it was done was nonsensical, and mixed just to give us some adrenaline moments so it doesn't get boring, but it wasn't boring, her childhood is probably my favorite part, actually.

It would be amazing to have Heavy Rain's deleted scenes as well, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Lt.Chips

As for the EU/PAL exclusivity, I'm looking at Wolfenstein The Old Blood and remain hopeful for an NA release. I do understand TOB was released in the US digitally firsthand so the situation is different, but NA might get a delayed release of these two games.

zakujanai

Anyone who hadn't played these, get Heavy Rain. If you really like it, get Beyond but keep your expectations low. Platinumed Heavy Rain but hated Beyond.

Faith

Anyone who hadn't played these, get Heavy Rain. If you really like it, get Beyond but keep your expectations low. Platinumed Heavy Rain but hated Beyond.
Played Heavy Rain for 3 hours and hated it. Loved Beyond and would consider it as one of the 10 best games of the last generation.

Zafir

Good news then. Also glad they're adding a option to play beyond in chronological order too, that was probably my biggest annoyance about the game.

Americans are not worthy. Buy more PS4s.
/edit: ok that's enough PS4s. Congrats you've done it.

kiiiiinda interested in that chronological playthrough mode... Have played Beyond only once so far while I have the platinum for HR. I wonder if the latter will have PS Move support and the DLC.

I wish all these remasters come to PS+, they are the games I don't reaaaally want to buy (again) but wouldn't mind seeing them in their best form.

xrnzaaas

Turns out it was a good thing I didn't own a PS3. The only good exclusive I won't play will be Gran Turismo 6 and who cares since GT7 is coming. :)

So I guess "only" was meant for PS4, not Europe:

Hi everyone. We’re really excited to finally reveal that two classic Quantic Dream games are coming to PlayStation 4 only for Europe and the PAL region

Nice to see the Arrested Development doctor is now working PR.

nikos

RG0BS1U.gif

Been holding out on Beyond for a PS4 version. Glad it's coming, was about to pick it up for PS3.

Muffdraul

YESSSS!!!

Day 1 for Heavy Rain, what a masterpiece. Couldn't care about Beyond, that was so meh.

Exactly how I feel. A while back there were rumblings of a Beyond remaster and I was really disappointed they didn't mention Heavy Rain. Beyond felt so watered down in comparison.

For those people wanting to import for the physical version (I was thinking the same)

Remember the Prince of Persia Trilogy? Was supposed to be PAL only? Ubisoft said never coming out in the USA? I made sure to pay extra to import that game....

...only to see it released in the states a few months later.

I want this, too, but patience is key...

Raistlin

I still remember someone on Sony telling they don't want to do too many remasters...
While yes, I think each studio is basically doing one in order to cut their teeth on PS4 development and get their engine up and running.

By removing most of the design and some of the asset development, they can concentrate on the engine and tools. Puts them in a much better position for their 'real' game when it hits.

Top Bottom