• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 Final Trailer Released

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
How can a game look this boring in every fucking trailer?
840641.jpg

Last edited:

splattered

I havent even played the first one but that gave me goosebumps. Visually looks amazing. It's too bad it takes so long to make those games. If they could speed up dev time a bit but keep the audio visual quality and keep the story interesting it would probably hit a little harder for MS

Average user - That looks so boring.... oooooohhhh Death Stranding 2 looks amazing.
You're making the mistake of not factoring in which "side" is releasing it when assessing those opinions :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For me, this looks incredible (looks) and I will try it, but if it wasn't on Game Pass I would be waiting for it to be on Game Pass. Didn't like the first one (which was highly lauded when it was PS exclusive, then trash when Microsoft bought Ninja Theory IIRC). Hope it reviews well and is a much better game than the first...

From my posts in the now closed thread.

The fact that the fucking launch trailer includes maybe 15 seconds of slowed down footage of actual gameplay tells me all I need to know.

And look, I actually really liked Hellblade 1, but I still don't understand why it's getting a sequel. Wasn't nearly everything in Part 1 all in Senua's head? She had this family history of mental disorders, had an abusive father, her boyfriend was killed and she then had some sort of mental breakdown as a result. But my interpretation was that in the game, she was working through all of it. I didn't think there was much of a world or story outside of Senua dealing with her own mental state. Or was my interpretation totally off base?

And then after seeing the "Story So Far" trailer.

Oh my god. What the fuck. So they're implying everything in Hellblade 1 really happened (despite everything in game saying otherwise) and schizophrenia is a super power? Fuck all of this.

Also this still fails to set up a story a conflict or anything for part 2.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Also this still fails to set up a story a conflict or anything for part 2.
Part 2 is a revenge story. She is on a mission to avenge the raiders who burned her village and gutted her boyfriend. Much more straight forward

Last edited:

kaizenkko

Average user - That looks so boring.... oooooohhhh Death Stranding 2 looks amazing.
Death Stranding 2 at least can intrigue me with all that craziness. But every trailer I saw of Hellblade is the same boring stuff: the main caracter walking, the same boring combat of the first one, etc. Maybe is just bad marketing, but I dont feel that the game have improve in any aspect besides graphics.

Part 2 is a revenge story. She is on a mission to avenge the raiders who burned her village and gutted her boyfriend. Much more straight forward
Ok, fine, I guess. But that completely undermines the entire first game which was about grief and acceptance. And it's also way less interesting than exploring someone's crumbling mental state using interpretations of the Norse underworld as a setting.

Also, a 5 foot tall 95 lb. girl, who suffers from schizophrenia is going to slaughter a tribe of Norsemen? Get the fuck out. This shit was not well thought out. Very disappointed by Ninja Theory.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow, visually this game looks pretty awesome. Other than that, not really my cup of tea. I guess I might as well give it a try since it’s on game pass though.

Top Bottom