• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade II’s big global marketing campaign has begun

nani17

are in a big trouble

lucious lyon wtf GIF

begotten

Why are people so obsessed with the marketing for this game? Have you thought for a second maybe this game won't be the product you're hoping it will be.

Everyone crying about controllers but want Hellblade to have a whole campaign like Redfall with an entire merch store and all this other spotlight shit.

Why are people so obsessed with the marketing for this game? Have you thought for a second maybe this game won't be the product you're hoping it will be.

Everyone crying about controllers but want Hellblade to have a whole campaign like Redfall with an entire merch store and all this other spotlight shit.
I think the point is that Hellblade 2 is supposed to be a big deal for Xbox being an exclusive, yet Xbox are doing fuck all outside of this tweet to promote it.

begotten

I think the point is that Hellblade 2 is supposed to be a big deal for Xbox being an exclusive, yet Xbox are doing fuck all outside of this tweet to promote it.

That's the narrative conjured up by people online.

It's a 6 hour movie that will be multi-plat soon. You think it deserves it's own and Starfield level spotlight?

dem

It's not just this game.
Xbox marketing has been non-existent for years.

Its a pretty strange way to run an entertainment business.

Meanwhile... when my kids are watching their kids tv channel... you will see Nintendo run commercials for like.. 3 year old games.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
The writing is on the wall for this game. There's been no hype for it. Ninja Theory and Xbox have done a piss poor job selling us on it. Their marketing push mere weeks before release is a Twitter post. Have a feeling the devs are about to take a permanent vacation to Iceland.

You sure, how much of this shit did you buy or care about BTW? And you want this for Hellblade / think NinjaTheory is big enough to warrant it?

211408_Image-Hero-0_1083x609_03.jpg

9a4f7vL.png

71ivhGPEduL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Not even going to post the countless videos on Redfall + Starfield you can find on YT prior to launch on official feeds.
So bad marketing was done for a bad game. So no marketing should be done for their next game? I don't get it.

What would you suggest they do? And do you give MS the benefit of the doubt on their decision making at this point?

begotten

So bad marketing was done for a bad game. So no marketing should be done for their next game? I don't get it.

What would you suggest they do? And do you give MS the benefit of the doubt on their decision making at this point?

I just think they learnt their lesson.

No one really cares aside from a online minority who don't even end up spending $.

We will rent their games and move on after a week. This is the cycle of Game Pass. It doesn't and has never needed marketing.

dem

No one really cares aside from a online minority who don't even end up spending $.

We will rent their games and move on after a week. This is the cycle of Game Pass. It doesn't and has never needed marketing.

Xbox itself needs marketing.
And if you're not going to do it.. you're not going to sell Xbox. And if you're not going to sell Xbox... good luck with selling subscriptions OR games!

I mean.. unless you abandon the whole thing and just sell PC/Playstation games.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Last edited:

I agree that they shouldn't 'waste' marketing dollars if it won't change anything. But Redfall bombed because it sucked, right? Not because of the marketing? So just tacitly admitting this game won't be very good or move the needle is the play now?

Things are very ass backwards over at MS.

Top Bottom